BA Continuum India Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

3.1

SSE/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BA Continuum India in December 2014.

Interview

Great Interview Process! It was conducted very professionally by experienced people. Interview Details - A panel of 2 was conducting the first round. Second round was pretty easy and didn't ask about technical details. Detail project discussions followed by technical questions. 1. Explain Project Then as I was discussion the project, several supplementary questions were asked like what's session partitioning types, regarding indirect files option etc. 2. Scenarios - a. How to get 300th to 400th records though UNIX command b. Columns to rows mapping (a scenario given, had to use agg trans) c. A w/f is migrated from dev to production. It failed. What could be the reason. 3. Technical questions regarding transformations, UNIX commands, Teradata simple queries. Then a round was conducted by Hiring Manager. He mostly gave real life scenarios and asked what would be your response. 1. You are supporting on weekend, no one from team available. A failure from Singapore, LA & Sydney. Which one will be your priority. (based on day-night cycle in those countries) 2. A failure occurred, what will be your strategy and whom will you inform first. 3. Client is asking for an enhancement that can't be done. How will you convince them. etc. Then there was the HR round! Salary was discussed along with other HRiey discussions. Best managed interview process! A bit lengthy though.

Interview Questions

• All scenarios from Hiring manager round were unexpected! Real life scenarios were given. But if you have worked on the challenging environment, you will manage it well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hard. Salary negotiation was very hard. They did not give upto expectations.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BA Continuum India in April 2013.

Interview

Hiring was as professional as expected. We had on Tech round, Manager round, LOB (Line of Business) round and finally HR round. interview was very much on technical part. HR round was basically on body shopping :).

Interview Questions

• Why are you switching to BA from your Previous company within 6 Month.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BA Continuum India.

Interview

Average, not that difficult question. I was required to write SQL statements. If you know basic SQL syntax you will get the answer, and knowing correct syntax will definitely give bonus points.

Interview Questions

• A mixture on DataWarehouse concepts. SQL. Write SQL statements to achieve this and that etc.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BA Continuum India (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

It was easy and good. I prepared a little bit but it was not required ... the panel was friendly and helpful like most people in BoA. And so far the journey has been good!!

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BA Continuum India.

Interview

Telephonic, video conferencing, negotiation, selection. Basic questions relating to job profile and work done previously. Budgeting, forecasting, planning, the basic differences, your strengths and weaknesses, reasons for selecting gurgaon, major sources of revenue of banks.

Java Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BA Continuum India (Hyderābād (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

HR contacted me about a Java opportunity and requested her for completed details of JD. HR is good and the first round is of telephonic interview. Interviewer had called me and started asking questions. As an interviewer myself, i know that there will be some tricks applied in the interview to test the candidate patience and skill. This particular interviewer succeeded in irritating me by not listening to my answer/explanation. He seems to be arrogant and do not have good attitude and listening skills. I had to stop the interview in the mid, and had to ask him about his Java experience as I am not sure whether he is capable of interviewing. He was so irritated with my question and shouted "It's none of your business". Now, I realized, he is either in some busy project work/ or a complete arrogant guy. Stopped the interview and complained to HR. I know no action will be initiated, however, writing a review here will help others who are about to attend the interview with this company. Imagine the life of the team members of the interviewer (definitely a lead or manager as he interviewed me 10+ yrs of exp) who has shown arrogance in the interview (first step to understand about a company).

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you handle production issues? 2. What are the deployment methodologies you had followed? 3. How do you implement IAM? 4. Algorithms for implementing IAM   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BA Continuum India (Hyderābād (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process took one day.....there are about 4 rounds...one test, 1 H.R, 1 operations and 1 interview with Manager...!!!!! the test is basic aptitude test with English, reasoning and numerical...and then an essay....!!!! interview is about how good r u in English and Finance subject...!!!!

Interview Questions

• What is Accounting, Reconciliation, BRS, Financial Statements, Derivatives, Capital Market and so on....then comes why our company, How r u different from others...ok with night shifts...!!!   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BA Continuum India in February 2015.

Interview

It was a Walk-in Interview. First of all we were asked to wait for almost an hour. Followed by an HR round to eliminate people based on their public speaking.(In which I think the HR was a little rude to a particular person in the group). After Which the Aptitude round was held which was pretty simple in between the aptitude round i was called for the managers round where the manager seemed disinterested because most of the time he was busy with his phone. The managers were not only rude but had "i have another 100 people waiting outside, even if i dont hire you that wont make a difference to me" attitude. after the round the results were declared. and then way forward

night shift low pay,no respect for people

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BA Continuum India (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

The process starts with an HR round by Hr Manager followed by a Written test of 1hour having 55 questions and finally operations round by operations manager. Interview was neutral neither difficult nor easy.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BA Continuum India (Chennai (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

entire process was very slow and had bad experience. HR Team needs to improve their standard and didnt even mind to offer food or water during the 9 hr process