BAE Systems Applied Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

3.1

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in January 2015.

I was contacted by HR about 2 weeks after I applied. It was a brief 5-10 minute conversation where I was then scheduled for a phone interview.
    The phone interview was an hour long interview. First, we went through my resume, and then I was asked a few behavioral questions. They were the usual behavioral questions that you get asked on most interviews.
    The last part of the phone interview was a case study. To me, the case study was difficult. This is only because I wasn't aware of the exact job description. Had I known it was mainly a coding position, I would not have applied.
    Overall, it was a very quick and simple process. The people who I spoke on the phone to, HR and the manager, were both nice and easy to talk to. There was no intimidation factor.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Interview was held with local Director and consisted mainly of a review of my prior positions and experience. There was no one from the Program Management section to ask job specific questions or to answer many of my questions. A HR representative was on-line to answer benefit questions. Very little available to cover current contracts, work load dispersal or team qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Immediate query as to salary requirements.   View Answer
    This was handled primarily by the HR rep. That individual was not cognizant of local salaries at competitors and never seemed to check on my prior salary rates before committing to the requested amount.

Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in October 2014.

I got a preliminary call to schedule an hour long phone interview. That was pretty simple and the second interview was basically a given. The hour long phone interview was pretty standard. They told me about the position, asked me questions about my resume, had me solve a problem, then asked if I had any questions. I was extremely nervous and did not come across as a good candidate so I completely understand why I was not asked to come in for another interview. The only thing that bothered me was that I was suppose to get a call about the results of my phone interview...even though I knew they were poor...but I never received a call. If a company tells you they will call you and then doesn't...it looks really poor on their part.

Interview Questions
    • You're given a database of email addresses and people under that email address. How would you insure there are no repeat email addresses or people in the database?   View Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Be prepare your skills set as Oracle Database,PL/SQL,Weblogic,Webshpere,Shell script and Java in advanced.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

This was a very long, and grueling interview process. It was 4-5 steps and required a lot of preparations.

1. Simple phone interview, just went over resume.
    2. Technical interview: talked with analyst about my résumé and was asked a lot of in-depth questions. There was also 2 technical questions.
    3. Take-home technical exam: had 48 hours to complete test.
    4. In-person interview: had to give a short presentation, and complete a case study.

Detica is trying to find smart, technically savvy individuals who can communicate technical ideas to the layman. The interview process tests if you fit their criteria. It's long, and not many people receive offers because their standards are so high.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

1 x short phone conversation - why Deitca, the hiring process etc
    1 x 1hr face to face interview
    1 x 2hr face to face

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember anything being particularly shocking, mostly the interviews were fun.   Answer Question
    Surprisingly helpful and accomodating

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in July 2012.

There were two interviews. One with the recruiter and one with the program manager. The one with the recruiter was checking the block to make sure I met all the criteria needed to fulfill the job. The interview with the program manager was over the phone. He asked about my past experience, why I wanted to work there, what I could bring to the team, if I was willing to deploy, etc. I felt like the two interviews were very simple and to the point. It did not take long at all.

Advanced Analytics Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in June 2011.

Casual phone interview about the company went over resume,
    10 min presentation, question about presentation, very sales driven.
    Difficult case study question for graduates, suppose to hear back after two week.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convinced that your project is efficient to companies who only want profits?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in June 2010.

Professional interview environment and a nice office in Northern Virginia. Spoke with 4 different employees at varying levels about the position and my skills and resume. They asked technical questions and gave me a whiteboard to write my answers on. They also asked situational questions to determine how I would handle certain sticky scenarios in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to construct technical solutions and write code on the fly.   View Answer

Solutions Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in December 2008.

I was interviewed by the executive team. They seemed very disorganized and didn't seem to have their act together. The conclusion I made from being interviewed by all members of the executive team was that they were not even all on the same page as to where to take the company strategically. They also did not seem very nice, they did not come across as people I'd like to work with.