BAE Systems Applied Intelligence

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Boston, MA

Interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence

Interview Details – Be prepare your skills set as Oracle Database,PL/SQL,Weblogic,Webshpere,Shell script and Java in advanced.

Interview Question – Generally Past experience recommonded   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Interview Details – This was a very long, and grueling interview process. It was 4-5 steps and required a lot of preparations.

1. Simple phone interview, just went over resume.
2. Technical interview: talked with analyst about my résumé and was asked a lot of in-depth questions. There was also 2 technical questions.
3. Take-home technical exam: had 48 hours to complete test.
4. In-person interview: had to give a short presentation, and complete a case study.

Detica is trying to find smart, technically savvy individuals who can communicate technical ideas to the layman. The interview process tests if you fit their criteria. It's long, and not many people receive offers because their standards are so high.

Interview Question – On-the-spot technical questions and take home exam.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in June 2010.

Interview Details – Professional interview environment and a nice office in Northern Virginia. Spoke with 4 different employees at varying levels about the position and my skills and resume. They asked technical questions and gave me a whiteboard to write my answers on. They also asked situational questions to determine how I would handle certain sticky scenarios in the office.

Interview Question – Asked to construct technical solutions and write code on the fly.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Interview Details – 1 x short phone conversation - why Deitca, the hiring process etc
1 x 1hr face to face interview
1 x 2hr face to face

Interview Question – I don't remember anything being particularly shocking, mostly the interviews were fun.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Surprisingly helpful and accomodating

Advanced Analytics Consulting Analyst Interview

Advanced Analytics Consulting Analyst
McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in June 2011.

Interview Details – Casual phone interview about the company went over resume,
10 min presentation, question about presentation, very sales driven.
Difficult case study question for graduates, suppose to hear back after two week.

Interview Question – How would you convinced that your project is efficient to companies who only want profits?   Answer Question

Solutions Director Interview

Solutions Director
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in December 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the executive team. They seemed very disorganized and didn't seem to have their act together. The conclusion I made from being interviewed by all members of the executive team was that they were not even all on the same page as to where to take the company strategically. They also did not seem very nice, they did not come across as people I'd like to work with.

Interview Question – What's your strategy for increasing product sales?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Guildford, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in February 2014.

Interview Details – First interview was short and easy, basically discussing my CV and what I had been upto in my career so far and where I wanted to be (that sort of thing). This was done by a senior member - whose team they were recruiting for.

I think the first trip to the office could have been avoided (i.e. this could have been done over the phone, which is the norm with many companies nowadays).

A second interview was scheduled a week after the first one. There were two interviewers for second interview. I had to do a 15 minutes presentation, followed by questions based on my presentation. The expected time for this exercise was ~ 15-minutes but they ended up talking for a lot more than that about the presented topic and asking questions on this - possibly indicating the presentation wasn't exactly easy to understand.

Following this, there were some fairly intensive technical questions, based around my experience (.NET, C#, SQL Server) etc.

There were also some sample program clips - which I was asked to look at and correct anything wrong (if found). I was able to do this with relative ease.

There were also a couple of database related questions.

Finally I had an opportunity to ask them some questions.

The interview overran the allocated time of 2 hours, but I thought I had done OK overall.

Two months since, and I haven't heard anything back from them, but I know it was a "No"...

Intern Software Developer Interview

Intern Software Developer

I applied online and interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR, asked some general questions about the knowledge of the company, then a few competency based questions, then a face to face interview which was about an hour with two employers.

Interview Question – How could you design a program that would record the skyline using the least amount of memory.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Interview Details – I went through a process of a three stage interview involving an initial discussion, a presentation on how I would approach the role and a 30, 60, 90, day plan followed by a final interview. It took place over a prior of around two weeks and a decision was made promptly after the final interview. There were no surprises after I joined with everything being as advertised.

Interview Question – There were no particularly unexpected questions, the presentation required thought and preparation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straightforward and smooth

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

Interviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence

Interview Details – Two interview. the first one includes general discussion on the job specification and the second one has a presentation and lasts about an hour.

Interview Question – How to test a pen?   Answer Question

Worked for BAE Systems Applied Intelligence? Contribute to the Community!