BAE Systems Applied Intelligence

Updated Dec 20, 2014
Updated Dec 20, 2014

3.1

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Interview was held with local Director and consisted mainly of a review of my prior positions and experience. There was no one from the Program Management section to ask job specific questions or to answer many of my questions. A HR representative was on-line to answer benefit questions. Very little available to cover current contracts, work load dispersal or team qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Immediate query as to salary requirements.   View Answer
    This was handled primarily by the HR rep. That individual was not cognizant of local salaries at competitors and never seemed to check on my prior salary rates before committing to the requested amount.

Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in October 2014.

I got a preliminary call to schedule an hour long phone interview. That was pretty simple and the second interview was basically a given. The hour long phone interview was pretty standard. They told me about the position, asked me questions about my resume, had me solve a problem, then asked if I had any questions. I was extremely nervous and did not come across as a good candidate so I completely understand why I was not asked to come in for another interview. The only thing that bothered me was that I was suppose to get a call about the results of my phone interview...even though I knew they were poor...but I never received a call. If a company tells you they will call you and then doesn't...it looks really poor on their part.

Interview Questions
    • You're given a database of email addresses and people under that email address. How would you insure there are no repeat email addresses or people in the database?   View Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Be prepare your skills set as Oracle Database,PL/SQL,Weblogic,Webshpere,Shell script and Java in advanced.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

This was a very long, and grueling interview process. It was 4-5 steps and required a lot of preparations.

1. Simple phone interview, just went over resume.
    2. Technical interview: talked with analyst about my résumé and was asked a lot of in-depth questions. There was also 2 technical questions.
    3. Take-home technical exam: had 48 hours to complete test.
    4. In-person interview: had to give a short presentation, and complete a case study.

Detica is trying to find smart, technically savvy individuals who can communicate technical ideas to the layman. The interview process tests if you fit their criteria. It's long, and not many people receive offers because their standards are so high.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

1 x short phone conversation - why Deitca, the hiring process etc
    1 x 1hr face to face interview
    1 x 2hr face to face

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember anything being particularly shocking, mostly the interviews were fun.   Answer Question
    Surprisingly helpful and accomodating

Advanced Analytics Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in June 2011.

Casual phone interview about the company went over resume,
    10 min presentation, question about presentation, very sales driven.
    Difficult case study question for graduates, suppose to hear back after two week.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convinced that your project is efficient to companies who only want profits?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in June 2010.

Professional interview environment and a nice office in Northern Virginia. Spoke with 4 different employees at varying levels about the position and my skills and resume. They asked technical questions and gave me a whiteboard to write my answers on. They also asked situational questions to determine how I would handle certain sticky scenarios in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to construct technical solutions and write code on the fly.   View Answer

Solutions Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence in December 2008.

I was interviewed by the executive team. They seemed very disorganized and didn't seem to have their act together. The conclusion I made from being interviewed by all members of the executive team was that they were not even all on the same page as to where to take the company strategically. They also did not seem very nice, they did not come across as people I'd like to work with.

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

Submitted CV online. Received phone call within a couple of days where I was asked a couple of basic questions (why consulting) and then an invitation a face to face initial interview in London, which consisted of a general chat about my time at uni etc. Then there was a logic based numerical puzzle which I found quite difficult. A week later I received feedback on the phone - although I had performed badly on the logic problem I was invited to a final interview for a business role (they must have liked me..!). Final interview was much more detailed and I had to give a presentation (uni project) which was well received and the interviewers seemed genuinely interested. They asked more probing questions about my CV, then about the challenges of big data etc. in the context of some given examples, though these weren't particularly difficult.

Overall a positive and simple application process with some very friendly interviewers. I received feedback a couple of days later followed by an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Logic puzzle was difficult to complete under pressure, although it would have been impossible to prepare for.   Answer Question

Technical Delivery Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.

A couple of days after filling out the online form (which was very simple and straight fowrard) I received a call from the graduate recruitment office. This lasted about 15 minutes and went over some basic questions such as why I wanted to work for BAE systems and what I knew about the company. The recruiter then explained a bit about the roll that I was applying for and the specific route that I wanted to take.

2 days later I recieved another call from the recruiter asking me if I wanted to go for an interview. I accepted.

This first interview was mainly competency based, there were a few awkward questions, such as "describe a time you were given negative feedback, how did you overcome this", but mostly it was pretty standard competency questions. The interviewer then explain a little bit about their job and answered any questions I had. The next part of this interview consisted of a case study. This is generally a simple mathematical problem. Then there were some general HR questions and the interview ended.

Within a week I was called by the graduate recruitment office. They asked me how I thought the interview went and then went on to giving me specific feedback. After that I was invited to a second round interview. I was told that I would have to prepare a presentation on "a complex problem". This was a very vague description but it did give me the freedom to prepare anything I liked. I would recommend not using anything that involved reallly complicated maths or you could risk losing the interviewer and to keep it light hearted an upbeat.

The second round interview was a lot more in depth. It started with me giving my presentation, after this I was asked questions surrounding the topic that I gave, so make sure you know the general are you are presenting in very well. Next we went through my CV and was asked questions on that. The final part of the interview consisted of a few more case studies similar to what was given before. One was particularly tricky but getting part way through it seemed to be enough so don't be disheartened if you can't get to the final answer on all of them.

Within a week again I was called up by graduate recruitment offering me the job!

Interview Questions
    • I don't want to give the questions out as this would risk identifying myself.   View Answer