Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at BAE Systems UK
- Project Manager (5)
- Summer Intern (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Software Engineer (2)
- GDF Graduate (2)
- Sigma Leadership Program (1)
- CORDA Graduate OR Analyst (1)
- SummerSystems Maritime- Naval Ships (1)
- 12 Week (1)
- Systems Engineer - Maritime Submarines Department Summer (1)
- Summer Communications (1)
- Maritime Services (1)
- Maritime - Naval Ships (1)
- Aircraft Maintenance and Support Apprenticeship (1)
- Oracle Database Administrator (1)
- Senior Systems Engineer (1)
- Human Resources Summer (1)
- Senior Project Leader (1)
- Senior Research Engineer (1)
- Logistics Analyst (1)
- Summer (1)
- Network Engineer (1)
- Purchasing (1)
- Mechanical Engineer (1)
- Summer Placement (1)
- Document Manager (1)
- Electrical Engineer II (1)
- Business Process Specialist (1)
- Graduate Project Manager (1)
- Graduate GDF Scheme (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Houston, TX).
I started as a temporary employee; the job was supposed to last no longer than 2 weeks. The company contacted the employment agency and asked for me to be hired permanently. The original company was Stewart & Stevenson; bought by Armor Holdings in 2004: bought by BAE Systems in 2005. The initial hiring process was very easy. Once inside the company, I only had to interview for the position of the President's secretary; the other promotions were due to education.
- I was sent by an employment agency for a temporary job. I did not have to interview; there were no questions asked. Answer Question
I was happy to get a job back in 1987 when I took this temporary job; I did not ask any questions regarding salary, vacation, etc.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Nashua, NH) in May 2011.
They first described the position and asked what projects I would be interested in. After they asked me questions about past experience for example "tell me about a time when you lead a group" "tell me about a time when you made a mistake" "what are your strengths and weaknesses". etc I then asked them questions. they responded with an offer after 2 weeks.
- tell me about a time you failed Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Herndon, VA) in April 2010.
HR called me on a former employee referal, after which they set up- a phone interview for the following week. Prior to the phone interview, HR, sent the job description and all other employment paperwork to include SF86. I felt this was strange not even having an interview yet. Intervirew was fast and covered my Resume
- What would you say your proficiency is with UNIX or Lenus Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Greenlawn, NY) in February 2009.
After meeting with the BAE representative at my school's career fair, showing a resume, and dropping the names of two classmates who they had previously hired, I was immediately offered an interview for the next morning. The interview was with the same representative I met at the career fair, and he was very personable and helpful. His schedule capped the interview time at 30 minutes per candidate, but I believe that we would have reached around an hour had this time limit not been a factor. At the time of this writing, BAE is still compiling candidates and figuring out who they want to call back for a second round of interviews; the delay is largely because the appropriate manager has been away recently. All I know at this point is that I'm "still under consideration", but I remain hopeful.
- There were no difficult or unexpected questions in this interview. Everything went very smoothly and predictably. I believe that the second round of interviews will be more demanding, however. Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Warren, MI) in May 2008.
Great interview easy going, got a job offer.
- What are your strengths? 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
Accepted another offer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK.
After passing the first stage of the online application I had a single phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes, the questions where straight forwards, but it's important to sound confident on the phone.
- why do you want to work at BAE systems? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in May 2015.
submit an online application, then carried out online aptitude tests, once successful led on to an assessment day which comprised of a group exercise (6 people) viewed by a hall of interviewers (in all aspects of the business) then came an interview with tho interviewers and one interviewee
- Tell us what you know about the business. 1 Answer
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK in May 2015.
Initial phonecall to ensure you are still interested. Online assessment sift. Interview day which a repeat assessment to ensure results were accurate. Interview was with 2 people, you can bring in evidence to show project work, all competency based questions.
- Competency based interview as well as typical company information questions. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems UK in April 2015.
Online application, telephone interview, face to face interview Telephone interview was about 20 mins long. Competency based Q's like why BAE? Why this industry? What do you know about this industry
- Why maritime? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
Competency based interview with some technical questions. Explored background and asked for relevant experience when answering each of the competency questions. Mandatory question on SHE which felt slightly out of place but it's primarily a manufacturing company hence the focus.
- Describe a recent occasion where you solved a business problem with an unconventional solution. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review