BAE Systems UK

37 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Nontechnical Intern Interview

Nashua, NH

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems UK in May 2011.

Interview Details – They first described the position and asked what projects I would be interested in. After they asked me questions about past experience for example "tell me about a time when you lead a group" "tell me about a time when you made a mistake" "what are your strengths and weaknesses". etc I then asked them questions. they responded with an offer after 2 weeks.

Interview Question – tell me about a time you failed   Answer Question

Lead Analytic Interview

Herndon, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at BAE Systems UK in April 2010.

Interview Details – HR called me on a former employee referal, after which they set up- a phone interview for the following week. Prior to the phone interview, HR, sent the job description and all other employment paperwork to include SF86. I felt this was strange not even having an interview yet. Intervirew was fast and covered my Resume

Interview Question – What would you say your proficiency is with UNIX or Lenus   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Warren, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BAE Systems UK in May 2008.

Interview Details – Great interview easy going, got a job offer.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Accepted another offer

Engineering Interview

Greenlawn, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BAE Systems UK in February 2009.

Interview Details – After meeting with the BAE representative at my school's career fair, showing a resume, and dropping the names of two classmates who they had previously hired, I was immediately offered an interview for the next morning. The interview was with the same representative I met at the career fair, and he was very personable and helpful. His schedule capped the interview time at 30 minutes per candidate, but I believe that we would have reached around an hour had this time limit not been a factor. At the time of this writing, BAE is still compiling candidates and figuring out who they want to call back for a second round of interviews; the delay is largely because the appropriate manager has been away recently. All I know at this point is that I'm "still under consideration", but I remain hopeful.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions in this interview. Everything went very smoothly and predictably. I believe that the second round of interviews will be more demanding, however.   Answer Question

CORDA Graduate OR Analyst Interview

Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at BAE Systems UK.

Interview Details – One face to face interview. Four hours, including: presentation by corda, presentation by interviewee (15minutes on topic of interest), one hour case study, one hour competencies based interview and lunch with current graduate.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems UK in February 2014.

Interview Details – there were 2 rounds of interview both were onsite at location
- first round, was general know each other 1hrs interview, checking out on comms and depth of knowledge
- second round was technical with line manager, included presentation and lasted around 3-4hrs
feedback after interview was excellent next it progressed to offer stage. where they made an informal offer to check if I liked it and if I would accept it. which obviously I did.
PS : before interview I had made my salary expectations very clear.
finally they came back saying " they can't make offer".
Please note they are time wasters, don't get desperate thinking it is a big company. they are highly unprofessional and lack any ethics or courtesy.
Managers will give you a lot of b***s**** in the interview, ie how great the place is and excellent projects.

Interview Question – none. please note this was for an experience position.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BAE Systems UK in February 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out online application first - filled out basic details and then series of competency questions, each with a 250 word limit. Questions include “Please outline a change or solution you came up with and implemented” and “Please explain why you would like to work for BAE.” No choice to attach CV, although most things were covered on the application. Took about 1-2 weeks to get through to telephone round.

Interview Question – Two questions, one technical, one competency. 1) Why this area of business? 2) Name a time when you have faced a difficult situation   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Project Leader Interview

Senior Project Leader
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BAE Systems UK in December 2010.

Interview Details – Full assessment centre

Interview Question – What was your biggest mistake?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems UK in November 2010.

Interview Details – Quite straightforward and relaxed process. Competency based questions and technical specialist questions. Subjected to a 3 day induction process for work in the middle east - medicals, tax advice, pensions etc. Visa application took 2 months then negotiated a start date to suit me. Overall an altogether painless process conducted in a well organised and professional manner.

Negotiation Details – No problems

Graduate Project Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at BAE Systems UK.

Interview Details – An online application form followed by a two day assessment centre constituting of a written commercial exercise, an interview, a presentation, and a group exercise. I found out I was successful less than a week after attending the centre.

Interview Question – The interview was relatively straight forward. The far harder exercise was the presentation exercise that involved a representative from the business being deliberately awkward.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BAE Systems UK

Worked for BAE Systems UK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BAE Systems UK interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by BAE Systems UK employees and interview candidates.