BAE Systems UK Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

Logistics Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BAE Systems UK (Houston, TX).

Interview

I started as a temporary employee; the job was supposed to last no longer than 2 weeks. The company contacted the employment agency and asked for me to be hired permanently. The original company was Stewart & Stevenson; bought by Armor Holdings in 2004: bought by BAE Systems in 2005. The initial hiring process was very easy. Once inside the company, I only had to interview for the position of the President's secretary; the other promotions were due to education.

Interview Questions

• I was sent by an employment agency for a temporary job. I did not have to interview; there were no questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy to get a job back in 1987 when I took this temporary job; I did not ask any questions regarding salary, vacation, etc.

Nontechnical Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems UK (Nashua, NH) in May 2011.

Interview

They first described the position and asked what projects I would be interested in. After they asked me questions about past experience for example "tell me about a time when you lead a group" "tell me about a time when you made a mistake" "what are your strengths and weaknesses". etc I then asked them questions. they responded with an offer after 2 weeks.

Lead Analytic Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems UK (Herndon, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

HR called me on a former employee referal, after which they set up- a phone interview for the following week. Prior to the phone interview, HR, sent the job description and all other employment paperwork to include SF86. I felt this was strange not even having an interview yet. Intervirew was fast and covered my Resume

Interview Questions

• What would you say your proficiency is with UNIX or Lenus   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems UK (Greenlawn, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

After meeting with the BAE representative at my school's career fair, showing a resume, and dropping the names of two classmates who they had previously hired, I was immediately offered an interview for the next morning. The interview was with the same representative I met at the career fair, and he was very personable and helpful. His schedule capped the interview time at 30 minutes per candidate, but I believe that we would have reached around an hour had this time limit not been a factor. At the time of this writing, BAE is still compiling candidates and figuring out who they want to call back for a second round of interviews; the delay is largely because the appropriate manager has been away recently. All I know at this point is that I'm "still under consideration", but I remain hopeful.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions in this interview. Everything went very smoothly and predictably. I believe that the second round of interviews will be more demanding, however.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems UK (Warren, MI) in May 2008.

Interview

Great interview easy going, got a job offer.

Accepted another offer

Principal Solutions Architect Interview

Interview

Competency based interview with some technical questions. Explored background and asked for relevant experience when answering each of the competency questions. Mandatory question on SHE which felt slightly out of place but it's primarily a manufacturing company hence the focus.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent occasion where you solved a business problem with an unconventional solution.   Answer Question

Maritime - Naval Ships Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at BAE Systems UK (New Malden, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Did the online application, was contacted about a phone interview 2 days later. Had the phone interview 1 week later, got notified I passed that and my application was with the hiring manager 2 weeks after my phone interview. My application remained with the hiring manager for approximately 5 months before I was called in for an interview.

Interview was very difficult, they gave me the type of interview you would to someone who has worked in this field for years. I could tell from the beginning they didn't like me but I remained positive and optimistic regardless. Interviewer cut me off several times while I was answering and even after giving thorough answers this was not enough as he interrogated me further.

All in all, BAE Systems was a terrible application/interview process. I applied in Sept got an interview in March! I waited 5 months for a interview that was not even worth it.

I had already secured a placement with QinetiQ prior to the interview with BAE Systems but only attended their interview because of the location being so close to my house. Good luck to anyone who wants to work there, I just hope the interviewers are nicer than the ones I had!

I will only ever apply here if I become deaf, dumb and blind!

Interview Questions

• From start to finish tell me how BAE Systems manufactures naval ships? Name all the systems on our naval ships? If the radar system fails what systems would you install as a backup option? They asked me a lot of questions about innovation and a lot about projects I have done.   Answer Question

Maritime Services Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BAE Systems UK.

Interview

After applying online,I gave online test then followed by a telephone interview then assessment centre (group exercise and interview) later than a final interview with hiring manager.I was nervous at begin but later it went well as questions were pretty casual but at end they were really friendly and gave a really good feedback

Interview Questions

• it were casual to test your confidence and experience to fit to your desired role   Answer Question

Summer Communications Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BAE Systems UK.

Interview

Telephone interview then face to face interview then assessment centre. The interviewer was very professional however they were very slow in getting back to me with a response to my telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why bae? Why maritime? How will this internship help you with your degree?   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BAE Systems UK (Lancaster, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with an online application form, which required 4 questions to be answered. Then had to do 2 online tests, both SHL, numerical and verbal. After that, you had to wait to be sifted and chosen to go the assessment centre. The assessment centre was a 2 day one in a hotel. The first half-day was a nice environment where you got to meet the other candidates. The second day was the assessment day. Generally, the day was rather straight forward. Warning though, the written has a LOT of reading, so be quick! The worst part was the interview. It was clear from the off that the interviewer did not like me and would continuously cut me off after I said a few words after each question. Never have I ever experienced such a toxic environment in an interview before. The feedback I received after confirmed this negativity, with the interviewer making extremely hurtful and unprofessional comments. I will not apply again and I hope that anyone else who has an interview with them doesn't have the same experience I do.

Interview Questions

• Why BAE, why commercial, what do you understand CSR to mean, a time when you used a range of sources to come to a decision, a time you worked in a team   Answer Question