BAE Systems UK

2.9

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BAE Systems UK.

I started as a temporary employee; the job was supposed to last no longer than 2 weeks. The company contacted the employment agency and asked for me to be hired permanently. The original company was Stewart & Stevenson; bought by Armor Holdings in 2004: bought by BAE Systems in 2005. The initial hiring process was very easy. Once inside the company, I only had to interview for the position of the President's secretary; the other promotions were due to education.

Interview Questions
    • I was sent by an employment agency for a temporary job. I did not have to interview; there were no questions asked.   Answer Question
    I was happy to get a job back in 1987 when I took this temporary job; I did not ask any questions regarding salary, vacation, etc.

Nontechnical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems UK in May 2011.

They first described the position and asked what projects I would be interested in. After they asked me questions about past experience for example "tell me about a time when you lead a group" "tell me about a time when you made a mistake" "what are your strengths and weaknesses". etc I then asked them questions. they responded with an offer after 2 weeks.

Lead Analytic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems UK in April 2010.

HR called me on a former employee referal, after which they set up- a phone interview for the following week. Prior to the phone interview, HR, sent the job description and all other employment paperwork to include SF86. I felt this was strange not even having an interview yet. Intervirew was fast and covered my Resume

Interview Questions
    • What would you say your proficiency is with UNIX or Lenus   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenlawn, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Greenlawn, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems UK in February 2009.

After meeting with the BAE representative at my school's career fair, showing a resume, and dropping the names of two classmates who they had previously hired, I was immediately offered an interview for the next morning. The interview was with the same representative I met at the career fair, and he was very personable and helpful. His schedule capped the interview time at 30 minutes per candidate, but I believe that we would have reached around an hour had this time limit not been a factor. At the time of this writing, BAE is still compiling candidates and figuring out who they want to call back for a second round of interviews; the delay is largely because the appropriate manager has been away recently. All I know at this point is that I'm "still under consideration", but I remain hopeful.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions in this interview. Everything went very smoothly and predictably. I believe that the second round of interviews will be more demanding, however.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems UK in May 2008.

Great interview easy going, got a job offer.

Accepted another offer

Maritime Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BAE Systems UK.

After applying online,I gave online test then followed by a telephone interview then assessment centre (group exercise and interview) later than a final interview with hiring manager.I was nervous at begin but later it went well as questions were pretty casual but at end they were really friendly and gave a really good feedback

Interview Questions
    • it were casual to test your confidence and experience to fit to your desired role   Answer Question

Summer Communications Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BAE Systems UK.

Telephone interview then face to face interview then assessment centre. The interviewer was very professional however they were very slow in getting back to me with a response to my telephone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why bae? Why maritime? How will this internship help you with your degree?   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BAE Systems UK in December 2014.

I applied for the role on their candidate system and they got back to me the following week via email. They wanted to conduct a telephone interview with me in 5 days time, from the day I received the email.

Interview Questions
    • How will this internship help your future education?   View Answer

SummerSystems Maritime- Naval Ships Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BAE Systems UK in October 2014.

I filled in the online application form and was contacted by email two days later informing me I had been invited for a telephone interview, scheduled about a week later. The phone interview was very short (about 10 mins) and conducted by a woman from a recruiting company. She firstly confirmed which branch I had applied to then asked me to give a description of what I knew about BAE Systems Maritime Naval Ships (easy to find info on their website/ wikipedia). The next questions were why did I want to work in that particular branch, what skills had my degree given me that would be useful for the role, what I want to do when I graduate and how this internship would help my future education. She then asked if I had any questions and told me if I was successful I'd hear within 2-3 weeks.

I must admit the question about how this internship would help me with my education threw me a bit (although in retrospect it seems like an obvious question to ask). I had prepared a few answers for questions such as "name a time you've successfully completed a project" or "name a time you overcame a difficult situation" but the questions were all based around what I knew about BAE, how my current skills would be applicable to the role and what I would gain from it. Overall, I don't feel like I performed very well (did not have my answers clear in my mind) and I don't expect to get through to the next stage (face to face interview).

Interview Questions
    • How will this internship help you with your future education?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems UK in April 2014.

Simple competency based interview, nothing tricky, 30mins to one hour. Nothing espically tricky but all stuff youve seen before:

Give us an example of a time when you didnt get on with your team
    That you delivered performance

Look at the core values and align your answers with them for success

Nope