BAE Systems USA

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in February 2009.

Interview Details – Once you get through the computer screening process, it's a one-round interview with a phone screen. Interviewing with your future manager and colleagues. The phone screen is mainly designed to ensure you can speak coherent sentences, and to verify portions of your resume. Will likely require a background check for a US Government security clearance. No real surprises here, just fairly straightforward questions about:
- Work environment
- Personal skills
- Career ambitions
- Travel preferences

Interview Question – None; all behavioral questions and "how would you fit in" type of assessments.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in December 2011.

Interview Details – Basic questions, experience, education, how I feel about working in Afghanistan

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not applicable. Flat salary, no negotiations.

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in September 2011.

Interview Details – Overall interview only took about half a day. I was asked to give a technical presentation (20-30 min) ahead of time, and had ample time to prepare. Once arriving, I met a 4 person panel, gave my presentation which was followed by a round of questions. Then I met 1:1 with the manager to discuss some details of potential work.

Interview Question – Describe an ethical dilemma and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in July 2008.

Interview Details – everything seemed negative, buta cually was positive.

Interview Questions

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in March 2008.

Interview Details – Selected from on campus for an interview and called for an onsite.Interview was pretty formal.General interview questions..

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not negotiated.

Very Easy Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in October 2009.

Interview Details – Not a very impressive interview. No prep or planning by interviewers - just ad hoc questions for less than an hour. Suspect that the interview was being done to check off a box and that slection was made before req was even posted. Interviewere did not seem very excited about their own company or about the future.

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in October 2008.

Interview Details – Came for a one on one interview which consisted of interviewing with four sets of people (in 2s) for 20 minutes each. Introduction given by current engineering director at the time consisted of some neat information on company and a cool video of products. Interview questions ranged from what my background was to group work experience.

Interview Question – What kind of group work experience do you have?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BAE Systems USA

Worked for BAE Systems USA? Contribute to the Community!

BAE Systems USA Videos

BAE Systems USA – Why Work for Us?

BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BAE Systems USA Engineer interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by BAE Systems USA employees and interview candidates.