BAE Systems USA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.5

Test Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

The process started with a phone interview. I spoke with the hiring manager and we went over what my experience was briefly over the phone. After the call I got an email from HR saying that they wanted to bring me in for an in person interview. When I arrived at the location, the people were all very nice. I met with the hiring manager and we went into more depth about internship and school projects. The experience was very relaxed, just simple questions to see what I had experience with.He then introduced me to some of his senior engineers that took me on tours of their work areas. They were all very nice and down to earth people. After meeting with them, the hiring manager told me he would get back to me within a week or so letting me know if I was chosen or not. I heard back in 2 days with a fantastic offer.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, just about projects that I had worked on.   Answer Question
    No need for negotiation, great starting offer and amazing company benefits.

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BAE Systems USA in October 2014.

Test development with LabView and Python were listed as the most important parts of this position. A phone interview with the newly hired manager took place. He was not familiar with LabView or Python so just asked general questions about test programming. He asked a few questions about CMOS logic that sounded like they were lifted from a college tesxtbook. I went for an on site interview with just the manager. He asked more questions about board layout, how to determine what bypass caps to use, filtering, controlled impedance lines, and other textbook type questions. I answered them accurately, drawing on my EE training but the manager wanted to hear his more specific answers, that sounded like they were lifted from a textbook.

Interview Questions
    • How do you select the bypass caps on a printed circuit board   View Answer

Engineer I Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people simultaneously. I was asked fairly broad questions relating to my experience for the specific position - nothing quiz-like. The people I interviewed with were nice and extremely sharp/smart.

Interview Questions

Compensation offered was ~30% too low - based on market and their other reported salaries for equivalent positions; and it was ~26% less than what I currently make.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Applied online- contact from recruiter a week later- phone interview a week later- another phone interview 3 days later- offer was on the high end of my range- background check- drug test- started working 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    Offer was firm, no negotiating

Electrical Engineer (ELDP Program) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

I spoke to a couple of recruiters at the career fair at my college. They requested I come in the next morning for an informal callback interview. It was not an official interview, they were very clear of, because I had not yet applied. I sat in a room with 3 alumni who were asking me a few questions. Overall, they were very nice and polite and asked a few questions and seemed to go out of their way to make me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you faced an incident where a member of a work or school team was not fulfilling their roles (carrying their weight). How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Was interviewed by two people. Easy questions about my past work. They were basically looking to see if you had the background and the ability to do a job for them. Just wanted to know some technical skills.

All Source Intelligence Analyst Interview

Interview process was very quick, recruiter was on top of his game and made every effort to speed the process along and help along the way, and the interview itself was professional, but light. All-in-all a pleasant experience!

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really a particularly tough question; I just had to relate my experience to what they were looking for.   View Answer
    About two weeks of going back-and-forth over salary.

Tech Intern III Interview

Started with a short phone call to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was approx 45 minutes of standard questions and technical questions related to the job. Was asked to come in for a tour, which also involved 4 interviews with various engineers. The tour/interviews took close to 2 hours.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Bernardo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Bernardo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at BAE Systems USA in September 2014.

After applying to around 18 positions at BAE via their website and receiving two specific rejections over e-mail, I was asked for a phone interview, and spoke with someone to clarify my qualifications, and then I was asked for an in-person interview and sent a security clearance eligibility form to fill out.

I interviewed at their campus in Rancho Bernardo, and the building is quite nice. As a DoD contractor, BAE takes security seriously, so I had to bring my passport as ID and give it to the super cordial guard at reception, where I noticed the security level of the day was yellow for "elevated." There were 4 other applicants there, and we were taken to a conference room to learn about the company's benefits and such.

Afterwards, we were each put in our own smaller conference room, and a few lead engineers rotated between us in a "speed-dating" style of interview. There were no technical questions and no puzzles. It was just clarifying what I knew and liked working with, and so I could gauge my interest in the various projects going on.

Interview Questions
    • As long as you're not a fool, there's nothing from out of left field. I'd say there's more difficulty in asking questions of your own.   View Answer

I had another offer from a smaller company, and though BAE could afford to pay me more if I asked, it wouldn't have been enough to outweigh the professional growth I expected from having my hand in more aspects of a company.

Product Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems USA in July 2014.

Applied online and got a in person interview after few weeks. Interview was a panel interview with senior folks ( functional manager and colleagues). Most questions were directed on experiences with QMS and appetite for data analysis. Overall positive interview but they prefer internal candidates like any other company.

Interview Questions
    • QMS differences between commercial and military workplaces.   Answer Question