BAE Systems USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Enterprise Architect Interview

Enterprise Architect
Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in March 2010.

Interview Details – it was a good interview, i felt the experience was what i would have expected from any typical interview in this business area. It did not last long, as the hiring manager was familiar with my background.

Interview Question – what is your most difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Endicott, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in May 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty standard process for most companies today: (1) Application via online form, (2) contacted by HR for phone screen, (3) in-person interview. I never spoke to a hiring manager via the phone, went right from speaking with HR to being brought in for face-to-face. In-person interview was scheduled quickly and to fit my schedule; it consisted of two (2) panel interviews with three people each. First hour long interview was with three (3) senior level engineers and second hour long interview was with three (3) managers. Standard behavior based questions and time for open dialog with both groups. No surprises, easy interview process.

Interview Question – Typical behavior based interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate with a recruiter who is your liason to the hiring manager and approval chain.

Contracts Interview

Contracts

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview Details – Initially they contacted for a phone interview. Asked pretty standard questions. Know your resume, why you want to work there, and how the job can benefit both you and the company (make sure it's a good balance between the two). In my case there was then an in-person interview on site. I talked to three separate people from various levels of management. Again, questions are pretty standard, but there are some more "how did you work out a problem you faced in the past year", "this is a fast paced business, how will you be able to handle multiple tasks thrown at you at once", etc. They then contact you with feedback.

Interview Question – Something along the lines of… I know you are still in college and may still be unsure of your future but where do you see yourself ending up? What kind of company? culture? etc.   View Answer

Hardware Engineer III Interview

Hardware Engineer III
Wayne, NJ

I interviewed at BAE Systems USA in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had previously worked for the the company. Therefore, the interview was setup via a friend who was still at the company. The interview process completed in a single day and I met with 4 or 5 people (many I had work with before). Most of the questions were asking about what I had been doing in the last few years. There were some technical type questions (e.g. draw a block diagram of my most recent FPGA, write VHDL code for a flop), but nothing too bad.

Interview Question – For me, the most difficult part was answering why I wanted to come back.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer

Interviewed at BAE Systems USA

Interview Details – there was an initial phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. A hiring package was sent through the mail. Send signed documents back through the mail. A background check and drug test are mandatory upon receiving the documents. Federal security background check is in addition to company background check, depending on security clearance needed.

Interview Question – no unexpected or difficult questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in March 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiting process was simple--they found me on LinkedIn. I interviewed over the phone. Then, I interviewed in person with HR. I probably would have interviewed with my future direct supervisor but that individual was off-site and quite busy. But the next I knew, they extended me an offer that I accepted. It was a simple and thorough process.

Interview Question – No trick questions. They know what they want in an employee, and they ask direct questions that uncover whether you have those skills and/or that type of person.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the first offer. It was that kind of market.

Director - Business Development Interview

Director - Business Development

Interviewed at BAE Systems USA

Interview Details – both the operations leadership and the business development chain have an interview path to get an offer approved. Study the business areas and talk to current employees to determine the business environment and how the company can grow

Interview Question – what is your salary expectation   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR followed by in-person interview with hiring manager and then second interview with VP. Very straightforward and relaxed. More discussions than firing squad-like interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary - "describe a time when you had to deal with a conflict at work and how did you manage it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I counter-offered and was told the offer was firm.

Principal Information Systems Technician Interview

Principal Information Systems Technician
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was great, there were two interviews, one with the hiring manager and one with a small panel of experts from the core team. Very un-intimidating. Very professional and they were able to verify my skills quickly and successfully. Very open to asking quesitons and discussion about the business.

Interview Question – How does a toilet work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was young, negotiation phase was relatively non-existent. Upon 3 month review I was given a raise as my boss said I was doing and outstanding job and I did not negotiate as expected and he felt that I was left short.

Very Easy Interview

Finance Interview

Finance
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in April 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was seamless. The Interviewers were all very professional and down to earth. They put me at ease once they realized I was nervous and were all very friendly. Very detailed in informing me of job expectations and my role, and also allowed for me q&A

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very quick, all in writing and professional.

Interviews for Top Jobs at BAE Systems USA

Worked for BAE Systems USA? Contribute to the Community!

BAE Systems USA Videos

BAE Systems USA – Why Work for Us?

BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BAE Systems USA interview questions and advice. All 168 interview reviews posted anonymously by BAE Systems USA employees and interview candidates.