BAE Systems USA

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.5

Nontechnical Interview

Applied through career center at my school and had an invite to interview within a few days. The interview was over the phone with the manager of the department and I was given a job description and was asked how my past experiences have prepared me for this job.

FLDP Position Interview

It was a pretty straightforward interview. Mostly behavioral questions, so if you search around the Internet, it should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect. I would definitely recommend doing research about the company beforehand, as well as assessing your hard and soft skills and experiences on your resume so you'll be well-prepared to answer the majority of their questions. If there are any information sessions or networking events, attend them if you can. More often than not, the person who is interviewing you might be at those sessions. Don't be afraid to ask questions about the program and introduce yourself. They'll remember your face and they'll also know that you're genuinely interested in working for the company if you're willing to go out of your way to speak to them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a team where you succeeded, and another time when it didn't succeed.   View Answer

Technical Intern II Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Technical interview - engineer asked some general questions: can you tell me about a time you used a debugger to solve something? What is encapsulation? How do you see your classes and experience helping us at BAE?

All Source Intelligence Analyst Interview

A friend referred me. I was emailed by a recruiter who asked for my resume which I responded and gave her a copy to view. She informed me I would be a great fit based on my experience and wanted to have me call her since she was unavailable to contact me since I was deployed overseas. I called her and she explained to me the details of the position where I told her I was interested. She informed me I would have to speak with someone else who had had the final say where he asked me several questions...all of which were simple to answer.

Interview Questions
    • None. He wrapped up the conversation with, "I have so many applicants, why should I choose you over others." I gave a detailed response as I know the true meaning behind that specific question and answered it accordingly. A few days, later, I was provided an offer, and the rest is history.   Answer Question
    I already knew where the numbers were going to be and how they absolutely did not have any intentions on budging. I took it anyway thinking that the overtime hours would make up way more than the difference....until overtime hours were cut along with other privileges and incentives (vacation) that were diminished slowly but surely. After I departed, I was informed people's salary's were reduced even while they were deployed overseas; they were given the option to take the new reduced salary or return home to the sates and look for employment elsewhere or elsewhere within the company (state-side) employment was not any better.

Test Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

The process started with a phone interview. I spoke with the hiring manager and we went over what my experience was briefly over the phone. After the call I got an email from HR saying that they wanted to bring me in for an in person interview. When I arrived at the location, the people were all very nice. I met with the hiring manager and we went into more depth about internship and school projects. The experience was very relaxed, just simple questions to see what I had experience with.He then introduced me to some of his senior engineers that took me on tours of their work areas. They were all very nice and down to earth people. After meeting with them, the hiring manager told me he would get back to me within a week or so letting me know if I was chosen or not. I heard back in 2 days with a fantastic offer.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, just about projects that I had worked on.   Answer Question
    No need for negotiation, great starting offer and amazing company benefits.

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BAE Systems USA in October 2014.

Test development with LabView and Python were listed as the most important parts of this position. A phone interview with the newly hired manager took place. He was not familiar with LabView or Python so just asked general questions about test programming. He asked a few questions about CMOS logic that sounded like they were lifted from a college tesxtbook. I went for an on site interview with just the manager. He asked more questions about board layout, how to determine what bypass caps to use, filtering, controlled impedance lines, and other textbook type questions. I answered them accurately, drawing on my EE training but the manager wanted to hear his more specific answers, that sounded like they were lifted from a textbook.

Interview Questions
    • How do you select the bypass caps on a printed circuit board   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BAE Systems USA in October 2014.

I only landed one interview, and it was a fairly easy interview, but I think I stumbled a little bit and did not get a call back. It was more personal than I thought and more behavioral questions were asked. In fact, no question pertaining to my engineering knowledge was asked. I interviewed through my university, so location was not an issue. It lasted about 30 minutes, but I suspect that was longer than my interviewer anticipated.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Applied online- contact from recruiter a week later- phone interview a week later- another phone interview 3 days later- offer was on the high end of my range- background check- drug test- started working 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    Offer was firm, no negotiating

Engineer I Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people simultaneously. I was asked fairly broad questions relating to my experience for the specific position - nothing quiz-like. The people I interviewed with were nice and extremely sharp/smart.

Interview Questions

Compensation offered was ~30% too low - based on market and their other reported salaries for equivalent positions; and it was ~26% less than what I currently make.

Electrical Engineer (ELDP Program) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

I spoke to a couple of recruiters at the career fair at my college. They requested I come in the next morning for an informal callback interview. It was not an official interview, they were very clear of, because I had not yet applied. I sat in a room with 3 alumni who were asking me a few questions. Overall, they were very nice and polite and asked a few questions and seemed to go out of their way to make me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you faced an incident where a member of a work or school team was not fulfilling their roles (carrying their weight). How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question