BAE Systems USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Assurance Engineer Interview

Product Assurance Engineer
Nashua, NH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a in person interview after few weeks. Interview was a panel interview with senior folks ( functional manager and colleagues). Most questions were directed on experiences with QMS and appetite for data analysis. Overall positive interview but they prefer internal candidates like any other company.

Interview Question – QMS differences between commercial and military workplaces.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Milpitas, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in December 2013.

Interview Details – I knew two of the four interviewers. We discussed where our old offices were in relation to each other at Micron. One interviewer asked if I was fast (their current Tech Writer was slow -- I gather). I told him I was fast enough at Lam, LensVector, Nextest, Micron, LSI Logic and Synopsis. He just laughed.

Interview Question – When can you start? It was that easy.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for $55/hr & they accepted. I asked for a time frame & a guarantee to be converted to full-time & didn't get those things.

Counsel Interview

Counsel
York, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in April 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter was helpful and was very polite. The process was smooth and insightful. She did the initial screening over the telephone. My responses were referred to the hiring authority and she subsequently set up an in-person interview.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out as unexpected   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Enterprise Architect
Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in March 2010.

Interview Details – it was a good interview, i felt the experience was what i would have expected from any typical interview in this business area. It did not last long, as the hiring manager was familiar with my background.

Interview Question – what is your most difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Endicott, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in May 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty standard process for most companies today: (1) Application via online form, (2) contacted by HR for phone screen, (3) in-person interview. I never spoke to a hiring manager via the phone, went right from speaking with HR to being brought in for face-to-face. In-person interview was scheduled quickly and to fit my schedule; it consisted of two (2) panel interviews with three people each. First hour long interview was with three (3) senior level engineers and second hour long interview was with three (3) managers. Standard behavior based questions and time for open dialog with both groups. No surprises, easy interview process.

Interview Question – Typical behavior based interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate with a recruiter who is your liason to the hiring manager and approval chain.

Contracts Interview

Contracts

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview Details – Initially they contacted for a phone interview. Asked pretty standard questions. Know your resume, why you want to work there, and how the job can benefit both you and the company (make sure it's a good balance between the two). In my case there was then an in-person interview on site. I talked to three separate people from various levels of management. Again, questions are pretty standard, but there are some more "how did you work out a problem you faced in the past year", "this is a fast paced business, how will you be able to handle multiple tasks thrown at you at once", etc. They then contact you with feedback.

Interview Question – Something along the lines of… I know you are still in college and may still be unsure of your future but where do you see yourself ending up? What kind of company? culture? etc.   View Answer

Hardware Engineer III Interview

Hardware Engineer III
Wayne, NJ

I interviewed at BAE Systems USA in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had previously worked for the the company. Therefore, the interview was setup via a friend who was still at the company. The interview process completed in a single day and I met with 4 or 5 people (many I had work with before). Most of the questions were asking about what I had been doing in the last few years. There were some technical type questions (e.g. draw a block diagram of my most recent FPGA, write VHDL code for a flop), but nothing too bad.

Interview Question – For me, the most difficult part was answering why I wanted to come back.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer

Interviewed at BAE Systems USA

Interview Details – there was an initial phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. A hiring package was sent through the mail. Send signed documents back through the mail. A background check and drug test are mandatory upon receiving the documents. Federal security background check is in addition to company background check, depending on security clearance needed.

Interview Question – no unexpected or difficult questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BAE Systems USA in March 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiting process was simple--they found me on LinkedIn. I interviewed over the phone. Then, I interviewed in person with HR. I probably would have interviewed with my future direct supervisor but that individual was off-site and quite busy. But the next I knew, they extended me an offer that I accepted. It was a simple and thorough process.

Interview Question – No trick questions. They know what they want in an employee, and they ask direct questions that uncover whether you have those skills and/or that type of person.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the first offer. It was that kind of market.

Director - Business Development Interview

Director - Business Development

Interviewed at BAE Systems USA

Interview Details – both the operations leadership and the business development chain have an interview path to get an offer approved. Study the business areas and talk to current employees to determine the business environment and how the company can grow

Interview Question – what is your salary expectation   Answer Question

Worked for BAE Systems USA? Contribute to the Community!