BAE Systems USA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.5

Subcontract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BAE Systems USA (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by more than one person. The questions were result oriented and personality oriented. The interview was about an hour long and everyone was there on time. Easy to navigate between the different question askers.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

I had a one hour telephone interview with my prospective supervisor. This was a fairly general question and answer about my previous experiences and skills. Typical questions about why I was leaving my current job. He also asked how I thought I would fit in going to such a large corporate enviornnment from such a small company. I was led to believe that working from home remotely would be acceptable in the event of weather issues. This was soon found to be a problem.

Interview Questions

• Why am I leaving my current job   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Applied online, no phone interview. Received an email from recruiter week later, and was asked in for an onsite interview. interviewed with 4 people total 1 at a time took 2 1/2 hrs. Everyone was very nice, and seems like a great place. I was only asked basic behavioral questions, and went over projects listed on resume. No technical questions were asked, but i have heard they do.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

The Hiring process was pretty average. I got the phone call about a month after I applied online and the interview was scheduled about a week later. I was interviewed by five people. The questions were mostly similar. They wanted to know more about my experience and asked me questions based off my resumer. After the interview I received the phone call for the job about 2 weeks later.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

The recruiter called and scheduled an interview a day after I applied. The phone interview went well a week ago. Still waiting for a call back, hoping with an offer. The timeframe is unknown at this time as to when the hiring manager will contact the recruiter. Fingers crossed.

Software Engineer I Interview

Interview

Not too many technical questions. Majority of the stuff I already learned in class. Interviewed with a hiring manager followed by 3 engineering leads the following week. Most questions were to probe your personality, get an idea of your experiences working in a group, and a bit about the projects you have listed on your resume (if any).

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. The interview questions were tough, but fair, and were strongly related to the job function. There were none of the generic nonsensical "where do you expect to be in 5 years" questions. The thoroughness of the interview and screening process left me feeling that the managers really care about the quality of the employees they engage.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were directly related to the job and how I would apply certain principles to achieve the best solution. Again, the questions were tough, but fair, and were designed to engage in more of a profession conversation.   Answer Question

Technical Intern II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Found out about company at a college job fair, emailed a follow up and applied online and heard back within about a week for an interview. Couldn't make the on site so had the telephone interview which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Engineer Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems USA (Mount Laurel, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by HR requesting an interview approximately a week after applying. I met with 3 subsystem managers in one of their offices. They were all very nice and joked around a lot. They asked about my experience and education and mostly spoke about working at their company. I tripped up on answering questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems USA in March 2015.

Interview

Initial contact mid-February and interview arranged. The interview was basically a review of software engineering and design work I had performed for other employers along with various basic behavioral questions. Notified of offer on March 4th and accepted same day with a start date of March 30th 2015 given. Paperwork completed, references, background and drug checks etc. performed and completed with no issues March 16th.

March 18th received a phone call from staffing firm representative asking for a quick in person meet / greet with him. Arranged meeting and during it the start date of March 30th was again confirmed, location of Endicott was confirmed and so forth. The only odd part was the meeting ended with him stating he knew about my online activities ( the only one's of note were related to my participation in an area LGBT rights group several years prior i.e. not a bad thing ) - and - being told to "not to mention my opinions" to anyone while working at the Endicott office.

On the afternoon of March 24th my start date was again verified via a call from the staffing agency. Later the same day though, I received another call ( went to voice mail - heard by me at 8:00 pm ) stating that my start date was now postponed. I inquired via email ( sent 8:18 pm same day ) as to when the new start date was expected and any other information that could be provided. The staffing firm representative did call me back in response to that email at 8:46 pm, repeated that there was a delay and could / would not provide further information. I verbally made a request for written notification and at that point he said he "had to go" and hung up on me.

No written response or notification was received and I sent another email inquiry on March 25th at 6:32 pm politely asking for any updates concerning the new start day, information as to cause of delay and again - written notification. The staffer apparently called that evening - but I missed it and they left no voice message. So March 26th at 12:23 I emailed him again apologizing for missing the call and again politely requesting written notification. At 1:34 pm I received written notice via email that the position was on "hold" and told never to contact the staffing agency again.

WHAT?

I was looking forward to the job and I don't think BAE Systems is a bad company but I'm at a complete loss as to what happened / what is going on since I was primarily dealing with the staffing organization and my contacts into BAE proper are limited. It is my sincere hope that someone at their headquarters reviews these postings, reads this one and makes contact just so that I can get some answers as to the peculiar set of circumstances I found myself in less than a week away from my start date.

Interview Questions

• Prior work as given on my resume and behavioral type questions only.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had provided a range of numbers prior to interviewing as they knew I had worked extensively in the Silicon Valley area and were concerned I would be expecting more than the position typically paid in the Southern Tier area of NY.. While the offer was close to the lower end of that range, it was still acceptable and no additional negotiation was required.