BAE Systems USA

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenlawn, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Greenlawn, NY

I applied online – interviewed at BAE Systems USA in February 2015.

I applied online and received an email to interview in person a few days later. The interview was pretty easy. I spoke with four of their engineers, one manager and three engineers. They were all nice and pleasant. I was given a brief tour of the building. Then I spoke with each engineer individually. The whole interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • We mostly discussed things that were on my resume and my past experiences. Fairly standard interview questions. There was a technical portion, but there was no programming. They just asked topical questions like "What is polymorphism?" and "What's the difference between TCP/IP and UDP?"   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BAE Systems USA in February 2015.

Interview was in person and was conducted by the program manager numerous questions were asked about the qualification listed on my resume. Questions were behavioral base questions and I had to provide explanations for certain areas I was experienced in.

Geospatial Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

One of the recruiters took notice of my application and forwarded it to the hiring manager. I had a phone interview and then was brought in for a panel interview.The interview were more conversational than a standard job interview.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Timeframe from submission to first contact was over a month. HR Phone screen followed by panel interviews a week or so later. HR seemed to impede the hiring manager's desire to expedite on-boarding.

Senior Lead Subcontracts Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interviewed with a manager, a senor manager and a senior director. Questions were mostly technical - related contracts and subcontracts question
    Example: Take me through the steps and procedure from Proposal stage to Closeout stage.

Interview Questions
    I countered and they accepted my countered offer

Financial Leadership Rotation Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

The process started via email and then became a phone interview, and for me, then skipped to a 2-day final round interview. The problem was that I had plans for those two days and then were unwilling to move things around, and then unwilling to further pursue me as a candidate when I opted to keep my original plans.

Interview Questions
    • It had something to do with my proudest achievement maybe.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

There was about a 20 minute phone interview screen and once i got passed that, they flew me to the location where there was about an hour interview with the manager and program manager. The questions were the basic intro questions (why do you want to work here, what do you like about this position, etc) behavioral ( How have you been innovative, describe a misunderstanding, etc) and then there was the technical section. I would say just know the V model really well.

Interview Questions
    • Fortunately for me, neither of the interviewers knew that much about systems engineering so as long as it came out polished i was ok. The hardest question for me is always, "whats your weakness"   Answer Question
    They tried to low ball me big time for what i thought i was worth but we negotiated. Even though i still didnt get what i wanted, it was about 10K more than they initially offered.

SCA Material Expediter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems USA in December 2014.

Their was two people interviewing me. The hiring manager and supervisor the supervisor was asking me more questions on what I can do than on my knowledge of the position while the hiring manager just pretty much observed me the whole time I felt like she was judgemental towards me at the start and at the end of the interview she told thanks for coming which I knew seal the deal on me not getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • can you lift and go up and down stairs would you ever tell your supervisor that something not your job can u conduct inventory and operate computer systems can you make decisions on your own.   Answer Question

Nontechnical Interview

Applied through career center at my school and had an invite to interview within a few days. The interview was over the phone with the manager of the department and I was given a job description and was asked how my past experiences have prepared me for this job.

FLDP Position Interview

It was a pretty straightforward interview. Mostly behavioral questions, so if you search around the Internet, it should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect. I would definitely recommend doing research about the company beforehand, as well as assessing your hard and soft skills and experiences on your resume so you'll be well-prepared to answer the majority of their questions. If there are any information sessions or networking events, attend them if you can. More often than not, the person who is interviewing you might be at those sessions. Don't be afraid to ask questions about the program and introduce yourself. They'll remember your face and they'll also know that you're genuinely interested in working for the company if you're willing to go out of your way to speak to them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a team where you succeeded, and another time when it didn't succeed.   View Answer