BAE Systems USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.7

Engineering Technologist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Met with 2 members, 1 of which was the team lead. They sat me down in the team lead's office and described the job responsibilities, benefits, and what a typical work week would be like.

Interview Questions

• There are 3 light bulbs on a board in the middle of a room with no outlets, all 3 of which function correctly. One light is out, how do you troubleshoot?   Answer Question

Corrosion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hill AFB, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Hill AFB, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Meet with two other employees, a supervisor in the corrosion department and a HR representative. Talked about the job for about 30 mins, and then allowed me to ask for about 30 mins. You have to stay with an escort because of the sensitive nature of the materials in the building. They went into details about the scope and overview of the position and what would be required in the day to day of the position.

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Endicott, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Apply online. Get scheduled for an interview. Meet with the hiring manager and any additional people he invited. (Company rules require that all interviewees meet with the same interview panel. All interviews are one hour and all the same questions have to be asked for each interview.)

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day scheduling me for an on-site interview the following week. The email I received stated the date and time and asked me to respond....which I did. Then, the next day I received the same email and responded (again). Day #3 comes...can you guess? Yes, I received the SAME email AGAIN asking me to respond, plus another email from one of the HR bosses asking me to respond, plus a voicemail. I was able to get through to one of them and show how I had responded to the same nonsense 3 days in a row, at which point they apologized for the mix up. Whatever, mistakes happen. I got the security clearance form, filled it out and sent it back. Two days before the interview, I receive an email from the corporate recruiter asking me some questions, to which I responded immediately. I then receive a response saying "Thank you, if there is further interest in your resume, we will contact you." Ummmm...ok...? I asked her if this meant I should not attend the previously scheduled (and confirmed) interview, to which she then apologized and said she overlooked that I was already scheduled. Not a fantastic start....incredibly bloated and disorganized from the get-go. So anyway, I go to the interview in San Diego. It was me and another guy interviewing for the same position. Right off the bat, we're both dressed like complete clowns in "Business Professional" attire (full on suits and ties) while everyone else in the building is wearing jeans and t-shirts, all of whom were trying not to laugh too openly as they walked by and glanced at us. A total of 5 interviews took place. The first was with a lady that gave a PowerPoint presentation on the company and described the culture. #2 was with a senior software engineer for one of the (many) projects. He was pretty serious but easy enough to interview with. Next came another tech lead for the same project, who was generally much friendlier and laid back. Third was a head systems engineer who asked the behavioral questions. Finally, we were taken to lunch with another guy who we were able to just speak casually with. They said I would hear back in a week, which came and went with no response. At week 2 I emailed the corporate recruiter point-of-contact and inquired about the status. At this point I had other offers on the table and I was starting to get irritated by having to postpone decisions due to BAE Systems' blatant disorganization. The recruiter didn't write me back, even though she usually responds within a couple minutes to an email. A few days later I email her yet again, to which she doesn't respond (AGAIN). At this point I wrote the company off and accepted another offer. About a week later I receive an email from the recruiter with canned nonsense about how the hiring manager "has decided to move forward in the process with another candidate that more closely matches the skillsets that are needed for this position." LOL! I've been rejected from plenty of jobs, but this one really blew my mind. The reason is that I don't see how anyone could have possibly interviewed better for the project that those two engineers were leading. I know the other guy I interviewed with was into stuff like android apps and web design, while I was more specialized with low-level programming and graphics APIs like OpenGL and DirectX (exactly what that particular project was engaged in). I honestly think the rejection was yet another fantastic blunder on the part of HR and the corporate recruiters. It's impossible to say what actually happened, but I can be fairly certain that the hiring manager did not reject me. At this point it no longer mattered since I accepted another offer, but I found the entire disorganization to be both distasteful and off-putting. I don't see myself ever applying to another defense contractor if this is what one can expect when working with such corporations.

Interview Questions

• "Technical" Questions: How to you allocate and deallocate memory in C/C++? Are you familiar with generics? What is polymorphism? What is inheritance and why is it important? How do you pull objects from a database? Behavioral/Personality Questions: What are your strengths? Why are you here? What are your weaknesses? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?   Answer Question

Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Nashua, NH) in May 2015.

Interview

Sat at a table with two engineers, they asked me questions and seemed to not be interested in me very quickly. I needed to have more practice with interviewing. If I could get a 2nd chance I feel I would do better

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Applied online, no phone interview. Received an email from recruiter week later, and was asked in for an onsite interview. interviewed with 4 people total 1 at a time took 2 1/2 hrs. Everyone was very nice, and seems like a great place. I was only asked basic behavioral questions, and went over projects listed on resume. No technical questions were asked, but i have heard they do.

Project Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Chesapeake, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online about 3 weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter, had a short phone interview then asked to come in for a in person interview. Interview went well. Went over my resume and experience. Very friendly and even gave me a tour of the facility. At the end of the interview I was not told when I would be contacted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with your current employer and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Financial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (State College, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty casual they more so asked what I was doing during the school year what my plans were for the future and why I applied for their job. They asked if I was familiar with the applications they posted on the job listing that they preferred their candidates to be familiar with.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Lead Subcontract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position around the middle of March and HR contacted me about a month later to schedule an interview. I showed up 10 minutes early and waited almost 35 minutes until the Department Director came to meet with me (25 minutes after the scheduled start of our interview). He led explained that I would be meeting with department personnel and, once finished, he would come back and I would meet with him. I interviewed with 3 members of the department for about 45 minutes and it was fairly straightforward. I then met with the Director and we had more of a conversation than an interview. I sent a "thank you" email to my HR POC and asked that she forward it to the Director and the panel with whom I met. I did not receive any correspondence. A week later I inquired about the timetable. Again, I received no communication. My online profile listed the status as "Position Open-Interviewed". I finally received an automated email toward the end of June stating that I was not selected. I have worked in this business for a long time, have impeccable reviews and recommendations, and the highest credentials in the industry. In the end, the entire exercise was a waste of my time. Had they offered a position, I doubt that I would have accepted it because of the hiring experience. I understand each company has their respective procedures, and that's understandable, but the complete lack of professional courtesy was downright shocking.

Interview Questions

• They asked about responsibilities in my current position.   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

The recruiter called and scheduled an interview a day after I applied. The phone interview went well a week ago. Still waiting for a call back, hoping with an offer. The timeframe is unknown at this time as to when the hiring manager will contact the recruiter. Fingers crossed.