BAE Systems USA

2.5

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Was interviewed by two people. Easy questions about my past work. They were basically looking to see if you had the background and the ability to do a job for them. Just wanted to know some technical skills.

Tech Intern III Interview

Started with a short phone call to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was approx 45 minutes of standard questions and technical questions related to the job. Was asked to come in for a tour, which also involved 4 interviews with various engineers. The tour/interviews took close to 2 hours.

All Source Intelligence Analyst Interview

Interview process was very quick, recruiter was on top of his game and made every effort to speed the process along and help along the way, and the interview itself was professional, but light. All-in-all a pleasant experience!

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really a particularly tough question; I just had to relate my experience to what they were looking for.   View Answer
    About two weeks of going back-and-forth over salary.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at BAE Systems USA in September 2014.

After applying to around 18 positions at BAE via their website and receiving two specific rejections over e-mail, I was asked for a phone interview, and spoke with someone to clarify my qualifications, and then I was asked for an in-person interview and sent a security clearance eligibility form to fill out.

I interviewed at their campus in Rancho Bernardo, and the building is quite nice. As a DoD contractor, BAE takes security seriously, so I had to bring my passport as ID and give it to the super cordial guard at reception, where I noticed the security level of the day was yellow for "elevated." There were 4 other applicants there, and we were taken to a conference room to learn about the company's benefits and such.

Afterwards, we were each put in our own smaller conference room, and a few lead engineers rotated between us in a "speed-dating" style of interview. There were no technical questions and no puzzles. It was just clarifying what I knew and liked working with, and so I could gauge my interest in the various projects going on.

Interview Questions
    • As long as you're not a fool, there's nothing from out of left field. I'd say there's more difficulty in asking questions of your own.   View Answer

I had another offer from a smaller company, and though BAE could afford to pay me more if I asked, it wouldn't have been enough to outweigh the professional growth I expected from having my hand in more aspects of a company.

Product Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems USA in July 2014.

Applied online and got a in person interview after few weeks. Interview was a panel interview with senior folks ( functional manager and colleagues). Most questions were directed on experiences with QMS and appetite for data analysis. Overall positive interview but they prefer internal candidates like any other company.

Interview Questions
    • QMS differences between commercial and military workplaces.   Answer Question

FMV Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems USA in July 2014.

The interviewing process was very laid back and informal. I have not been given an offer just yet but expect one soon. I applied online using clearancejobs.com and was screened then asked to fill out a more in depth application along with some security paperwork. After that I was interviewed over the phone.

Contracts Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Initially they contacted for a phone interview. Asked pretty standard questions. Know your resume, why you want to work there, and how the job can benefit both you and the company (make sure it's a good balance between the two). In my case there was then an in-person interview on site. I talked to three separate people from various levels of management. Again, questions are pretty standard, but there are some more "how did you work out a problem you faced in the past year", "this is a fast paced business, how will you be able to handle multiple tasks thrown at you at once", etc. They then contact you with feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of… I know you are still in college and may still be unsure of your future but where do you see yourself ending up? What kind of company? culture? etc.   View Answer

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

there was an initial phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. A hiring package was sent through the mail. Send signed documents back through the mail. A background check and drug test are mandatory upon receiving the documents. Federal security background check is in addition to company background check, depending on security clearance needed.

Director - Business Development Interview

both the operations leadership and the business development chain have an interview path to get an offer approved. Study the business areas and talk to current employees to determine the business environment and how the company can grow

Communications Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Phone interview with HR followed by in-person interview with hiring manager and then second interview with VP. Very straightforward and relaxed. More discussions than firing squad-like interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary - "describe a time when you had to deal with a conflict at work and how did you manage it?"   Answer Question
    I counter-offered and was told the offer was firm.