BAE Systems USA Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Greenlawn, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to interview in person a few days later. The interview was pretty easy. I spoke with four of their engineers, one manager and three engineers. They were all nice and pleasant. I was given a brief tour of the building. Then I spoke with each engineer individually. The whole interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• We mostly discussed things that were on my resume and my past experiences. Fairly standard interview questions. There was a technical portion, but there was no programming. They just asked topical questions like "What is polymorphism?" and "What's the difference between TCP/IP and UDP?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BAE Systems USA

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Saw the BAE booth at a college career fair, gave my resume and heard back a couple weeks later. They brought me in to talk to 3 different managers. No technical questions, just basic questions to get to know me and how I work with others. Heard back a week or so later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Whats a problem I've had in a group environment? How did I go about fixing it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BAE Systems USA (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2008.

Interview

Interviewed on campus for software or electrical engineering positions. Followed up a couple weeks later with on-site interviews for similar positions with hiring managers. A few days later, received offer.

Initial interview was similar to most phone screens, a little more in-depth so as to gauge who is worth interviewing on-site. Second interview was with the hiring managers, all of whom were very easy to talk with as the interview was more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate as the offer exceeded my expectations.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems USA in January 2009.

Interview

I was recruited on college campus. Had my first interview with HR on college campus after which I was given a date to go into the company for second round. On the day of interview there were 9 other candidates. HR brought us into a big conference room and presented a slide show of the company after which they gave us a tour of the building. After lunch, HR sent me on a 1:1 interview with an engineer. He asked questions on my resume, my experience, and why I wanted to work in this role. Then I was sent for a 1:1 interview with a software engineer. He asked more in depth question about my projects while in school and couple C++ question on inheritance, polymorphism, OOAD. I then showed him my portfolio some of the work I've done in college in which he was happy to see and we talked about that for a while. Afterward, I was asked to go meet the HR person. She told me my interview went very well and asked me about a start date. I was very happy at this point and told her I'm willing to start asap. She then told me I have one last interview with an engineer in the team I will be working with. At that point it was already 4pm. He told me about the project he is working on and some of the technologies they used on this project. He asked me about my experience with these technologies and some basic question on my resume. A couple of days later, I got an offer from HR. Overall the interview was fairly easy but it is sure a long one. Not much technical question asked. A little tip would be to create a portfolio of some of the work you've done in college or at work. Interviewers like to see that you've really done what is said on your resume and will direct their attention to ask questions about your work. Good luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BAE Systems USA in April 2008.

Interview

I was applying for a entry level sotware possition. Interviewd with 2 people, a regular developer and a mananager. The developer asked introductory C++ questions, nothing that I didn't lean is school. Mostly data structures. The manager asked less specific C++ questions, just made sure I remember something from school. Overall, it wasn't that hard, as long as you did OK in school.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between IPV4 and IPV6.   1 Answer