BAO

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Andover, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BAO in June 2014.

Interview Details – As a salesperson for the past 25 years I wasn't really sure what to expect when applying for this new position. I'm used to building and growing personal relationships with my clients. If that's what you want then this position is not for you. If you are an "order taker" then this job is not for you. Your one and only job is to simply get decision makers on the phone and set up appointments for BAO's client which you represent. The prospect on on the other end of the line is to believe you are from the client's office and not a call center.
     My first phone interview was with one of the team managers and was a typical "fact finding" call on both sides. The individual was very helpful and gave me the "green light" for the second phone interview with Henry Glickel, Manager of Talent Acquisition. I found this phone interview to be one of the best I have had with potential employers to date. It was obvious to me Henry was a true professional by the nature of his questions and the answers he provided of mine.
    The final step was an in person interview with the team leader I would be working with on a daily basis. This was about a 2 hour process. In addition to the typical question/ answer process I also was asked to provide a writing sample then create a word document of the sample. I also was given a script to review then get on the phone while the manager went into a different office and I did a live "pitch" so he could see/hear me on an actual mock call.
      The most helpful part to me was when I spent about 15 minutes hooked into a phone with one of the ISR's on the floor because after all, this is what I would be doing on a daily basis.
      Though BOA offers an exciting compensation and commission model, after running the numbers it was not going to work for me. Over time it appears one could make decent money but it takes a few years to get to those levels. I also like the fact that this is somewhat a nine to five job and you can leave the office behind when you walk out the door at the end of the day.

Interview Question – Are your goals written down   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This really was a perfect fit for me but my deciding factor for declining the offer was purely financial. I am currently employed and unless the base was higher then offered it was not going to work for my situation.

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BAO in May 2014.

Interview Details – Once your resume is received, you will receive a phone screen and then a phone interview. After that you will meet one of the Talent Acquisition Team members. Then go on to hiring managers.

Negotiation Details – perfect

Very Easy Interview

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BAO in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was brought in as a temporary employee - I had met with the agency rep about a week prior. I had two interviews - with the VP IT and the Manager of the Dept I work in, who reports to that VP IT. After that I met with the internal HR rep.

Interview Question – There really weren't any - this is definitely a personality based interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was difficult. there is very little room to negotiate and the pay is not what I wanted. I have significantly more experience than others in the same position and I was not compensated appropriately.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Andover, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BAO.

Interview Details – cursory and perfunctory, basically hire anyone

Inside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BAO.

Interview Details – 1. Very long and thorough phone interview. 2. In-person interview, role play, double-jack with current ISR, etc. Expect to spend about 2 hours on location for the in-person interview.

Interview Question – How would you handle many different moving parts as they relate to this job?   Answer Question

Andover, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BAO in October 2012.

Interview Details – I heard about the position and submitted my resume to Barclay Personnel, who emailed me back almost immediately with a link for the online assessment. I took the assessment and was contacted the next day via phone to set up a phone interview with the temp agency. Had the phone interview the next day and then had the phone interview with Henry at BAO as well. Both Henry and Sara from Barclay were extremely professional and very friendly, making me feel very excited about the position. Met with Henri at BAO where I interviewed with both he and a manager (Kenny). I was given the chance to actually sit with someone who was doing the exact job I applied for and watched/listened to them to get an idea as to whether or not I would be able to do the job and enjoy it. They made me an offer at the end of the interview and I said yes. Everyone I met was super friendly and the atmosphere was very pleasant. The morale of everyone was very high and I could tell that the employees were all very close and enjoyed being there.

Interview Question – What do you think would be your biggest challenge with doing this job?   View Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Corporate Recruiter
Andover, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BAO in May 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter was thorough in the veeting process, focused on really getting to the skills sets and experience. No hiding in the weeds, The people were through and prepared for the interview and expected me, receptionist was pleasant and professional, Office environment was clean and professional, built as a high end call center, lightee, bright, answered all my questions and were concerned about my career aspirations

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No, they gave best offer which was fair

Inside Sales Representative (Inside Sales Representative ) Interview

Inside Sales Representative (Inside Sales Representative )
Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BAO in May 2010.

Interview Details – Pleasant telephone interview with the HR representative. She reviewed my resume, discussed the role and made arrangements for a 1:1 meeting with the hiring manager about a week later.
The hiring manager walked me through their offices, showing the training, call floor and expansion areas. Pointing out that I was a qualified candidate, we proceeded to discuss the position further. I had a very favourable opinion of this company, and still do, but realizing that this is a 100% call center, with a varied account target base, I choose not to move forward with this position. The hiring manager was very open and honest in discussing the pros and cons of this position, along with the objectives to be met for success here, which I deeply respect him for. This seems like a no-nonsense, good company to work for.

Interview Question – How do you feel about making a minimum of 200 calls per day ?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – When I was pointed out that there was a minimum expectation of 200 calls a day, I realized that this was based on call by the numbers, instead of a relationship building sales enviornment. If you have rapid dialing skills, this may be the right position for you. If you value building your sales skills and account relationships, I would consider other options.

Market Research Specialist

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BAO in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process went smoothly. I applied online, took an evaluation test, set up a phone interview, I received a call back to come in to the office for an interview. I interviewed with the talent manager, a team manager and a project manager. I also got to sit in and listen to a current employee who gave me a better insight to the job. I then met with everyone again and had a more detailed discussion about the job. That day I had received an email with an offer.

Interview Question – How do you plan to be successful here?   Answer Question

Market Research Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BAO in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was relatively easy:
My first interview I had met the HR Manager of Talent on campus for about 30 minutes.
BAO held a student-employeer dinner where we could ask previous co-op employees questions about their experiences, what they liked, and what they had learned.
HR Manager of Talent called me into the Andover office to get a feel for the work environment, had me meet with a few managers, and to sit with employees to observe them at work.
My final interview was conducted with the GM / VP, where we discussed the nature of the business and what my new role in the company would be.

Interview Question – What were some of the biggest problems you've encountered in the workforce, and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Worked for BAO? Contribute to the Community!