BASF Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

Professional Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BASF Corporation.

Spoke with recruiter at a career fair on campus. Was given a brief series of questions at that time before being asked to sign up for an interview. The interview was in two 30 min parts. The first half was more behavioral with the second half more technical with brainteaser questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to measure the flow of blood through a vein, what would you do?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Made to do an on-demand interview on the internet. Very different experience. A question would appear you had 30 seconds to think about it and the 3 minutes to answer all while being video recorded. It felt like giving a monologue. It is very different with no give and take. Also, you do not have a persons body language to feed off of. As a word of advice, practice, practice, practice! I have been told in several occasions that I am great in interviews but I felt like i bombed this one. I was told they went with another candidate. I probably would have too...

Interview Questions
    • Explain what teams you have been involved in and why they were successful.   Answer Question

Professional Development Program - Chemical Engineer Interview

Spoke to recruiters at my university's career fair, they called for an interview a few days later. The interview consisted of two 30-minutes interviews with two of the recruiters. Straightforward, they spoke about themselves and then asked about me, then went on with typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked one technical question about a distillation column that didn't actually involve the distillation column, just knowledge about heat transfer in general.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online – interviewed at BASF Corporation in September 2014.

Interview Process (prescreen) consisted of a email sent from BASF directing interviewee to conduct a recorded session online. There wasn't a phone or face to face conversation. -Very awkward, removes human dialogue from process. Definitely thumbs-down

PDP Chemical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BASF Corporation in September 2014.

BASF interviewed at my University. Two interviews with two different interviewers, 30 minutes each. Interviewers were friendly and helpful to all the questions I had. I heard the internship interviews are a lot easier than full-time interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you use *a certain* office object in other ways?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at BASF Corporation in September 2014.

Panel of 3 people, very straight forward questions about the job. Very pleasant & informative interview. The 3 people involve make the interview flow so easy. Look around the company and its looks awesome. Overall a good experience in my interview.

Interview Questions
    • The usual - been a good team player & why I consider myself an excellent candidate   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

One way video interview is the first interview you get. Do not know what step is after that. There is a deadline to complete this interview but its a fairly short deadline.

Lab Tech I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BASF Corporation in July 2014.

Applied online. Received an email about 3 weeks later about an interview. Interview was with 5 people, 3 PhDs, 1 HR, 1 Lab Tech. I was interviewed by 2 people at a time in 30 minutes intervals. Mostly, was questioned about my previous experience and education. Mostly technical rather than behavioral based questions. Was a lengthy process but well formatted and relaxing environment. I am scheduled for a second interview which is a month after first interview. Thus, no offer yet since I am still in the process. BASF is very thorough in their process. My second interview is with 6 people, I assume the same format as before. Great company to work for and potential for growth.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge a chemical company faces?   View Answer

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source – interviewed at BASF Corporation.

Had to make a presentation and answer questions; only 50 min to put the presentation together based on a case..... Behavior questions during the interview...normally a panel of 3.

Interview Questions
    • preparing for the presentation.....and coming up with examples that demonstrated behavior (ex. leadership, teamwork, customer focused)   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online – interviewed at BASF Corporation in June 2014.

I had a telephone interview for an Administrative position back in February. Followed up with recruiter every few weeks for 2 months - each time being told they were still finishing phone screens. Gave up.

In May, applied for similar position. Received email in a few days requesting a "digital" interview. This is similar to a Skype interview, except you are solely speaking into a computer Web Cam while questions pop up on the screen. You have 3 minutes or so after seeing the question. Very bizarre.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were general in nature - tell me about a time you solved a problem.   Answer Question