BASF Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

Lab Tech I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BASF Corporation in July 2014.

Applied online. Received an email about 3 weeks later about an interview. Interview was with 5 people, 3 PhDs, 1 HR, 1 Lab Tech. I was interviewed by 2 people at a time in 30 minutes intervals. Mostly, was questioned about my previous experience and education. Mostly technical rather than behavioral based questions. Was a lengthy process but well formatted and relaxing environment. I am scheduled for a second interview which is a month after first interview. Thus, no offer yet since I am still in the process. BASF is very thorough in their process. My second interview is with 6 people, I assume the same format as before. Great company to work for and potential for growth.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge a chemical company faces?   View Answer

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online - interviewed at BASF Corporation in June 2014.

I had a telephone interview for an Administrative position back in February. Followed up with recruiter every few weeks for 2 months - each time being told they were still finishing phone screens. Gave up.

In May, applied for similar position. Received email in a few days requesting a "digital" interview. This is similar to a Skype interview, except you are solely speaking into a computer Web Cam while questions pop up on the screen. You have 3 minutes or so after seeing the question. Very bizarre.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were general in nature - tell me about a time you solved a problem.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

One way video interview is the first interview you get. Do not know what step is after that. There is a deadline to complete this interview but its a fairly short deadline.

Finance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BASF Corporation in June 2012.

The first interview was conducted over the phone. I was then invited to the company site. the first day conducted of three one hour interviews with one individual. The applicant pool was narrowed and I was invited to a second day of three one hour interviews with one individual. The

Interview Questions
    • Asked to explain the inherent risks for a fictional option given maturity date, strike price, and future market prices.   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source - interviewed at BASF Corporation.

Had to make a presentation and answer questions; only 50 min to put the presentation together based on a case..... Behavior questions during the interview...normally a panel of 3.

Interview Questions
    • preparing for the presentation.....and coming up with examples that demonstrated behavior (ex. leadership, teamwork, customer focused)   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BASF Corporation in February 2013.

Slow and lengthy. Took 2 months for first contact. After phone interview no response for 1 month.

Marketing Intern Interview

I interviewed back in April and the entire process took 9 days. Many of the questions were behavioral/situational and other than that just a normal conversation. It helps to dress nicely and arrive 15 minutes early. There was another lady who wrote down what you said to the interviewer for future decisions.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BASF Corporation.

Not sure about this one.....I was recruited by a district manager after being recommended by my BASF sales representative. We had experience with each other as I was a customer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Technical Service Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BASF Corporation.

So far so good! I applied online on a Monday, the following Monday (after Easter) I received and email for a phone screening. I talked with an HR rep Tuesday and all seemed well. The hiring manager is out of town now so hopefully I'll hear something soon!

Plant Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sparks, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BASF Corporation in January 2013.

The interview process was very well organized, kept on agenda, and worked very well to keep competing candidates separated.

Interview Questions
    • Do not recall anything exceptionally difficult. Study the basics, and know yourself.   Answer Question

Worked for BASF Corporation? Contribute to the Community!