BASF Corporation

BASF Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

Lab Technician Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BASF Corporation.

I sent in my resume and less than a week later I got a call back. We arranged a time for an interview, which was going to be on a Wednesday afternoon. I took a half day vacation to interview. I got very positive feedback from both interviewers, and the one who walked me out said that "it sounds really good for me." Two weeks later, I had yet to hear back, so I called. He told me that he had selected a candidate, and that it wasn't me. He went on to say that the person chosen was already a contract employee, and they knew they were probably planning to hire him. So basically I felt misled, interviewing for a job I never really had a chance at, and getting encouraging feedback in the process.

Sales Development Program: Automotive Coating Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BASF Corporation.

Heard about this position at the SASE conference. The HR representative was very helpful. I had an interview with two VPs and the HR Manager. The interview was onsite at the BASF Corporation in Southfield, MI. The interviewers were very welcoming. It was intimidating at first but I enjoyed it. Gained some insight on what to do on an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an incident where you create change and cause others to follow of an ongoing tradition.   View Answer

Attorney Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BASF Corporation in November 2014.

Video interview was intimidating. I had difficulty with the app for some reason which added to my nervousness. I wasn't able to connect on my desktop so I had to use my cell phone. The recruiter did call and explain the process. There were a series of questions, the last one being - Tell us anything else that we should know about you and/or your work experience.

Product Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BASF Corporation in November 2014.

I've only completed the video interview at this point and I must say that it's far less intimidating than I initially imagined. The recruiter did a great job of prepping me for it, and she explained BASF's reasonings for using this new technology. Overall, I was kind of impressed and once I started the interview, after practicing with several example questions, I felt relaxed and ready to tell my story. There were a total of 7 questions with the last one being, "Tell us anything else that we should know about you and/or your work experience."

Interview Questions
    • They asked a question about how I was able to get my management team onboard and excited about an idea or product that I was introducing, and my objectives in doing so.   Answer Question

PDP Engineering Interview

I applied through my university and within couple of days I got an interview
    two interviewees were rotating asking you questions
    Both of them were really nice. They were really open to talk anything about their company.
    They talked about your resume a lot, so be prepared.
    One of the interviewees asked me a lot of behavior questions, like how did you dissolve conflict

PDP Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BASF Corporation.

The interview was a breeze! Great atmosphere and few technical questions, but nothing difficult. Questions like "Walk me through the process of changing a tire?" and "Tell me about a time you had disagreement was one of your team members. How was it resolved?"

Professional Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BASF Corporation.

Spoke with recruiter at a career fair on campus. Was given a brief series of questions at that time before being asked to sign up for an interview. The interview was in two 30 min parts. The first half was more behavioral with the second half more technical with brainteaser questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to measure the flow of blood through a vein, what would you do?   Answer Question

PDP Sales and Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BASF Corporation in October 2014.

I was offered an interview after meeting a recruiter at a college career fair. It was the next day, so I prepared as much as possible. There were two 30 minute one-on-one interviews. One interviewer asked experience questions and one asked behavioral questions. The very first question was "tell me about the job you're interviewing for right now." They also left a lot of time for me to ask them questions, so prepare some questions about BASF! It was low pressure and conversational. I actually enjoyed it.

After the initial interview on campus, I was invited back for a second interview the next week.
    It was poorly organized for me (because of short notice) and I didn't get the details until the day before. Very stressful. Students from schools out of state had the details and plans well in advance, but that's just the luck of the draw. There were 12 people interviewing on the day I interviewed and there were 12 people scheduled to interview the next day for a total pool of 24 competitors.
    It consisted of four 30 minute interviews with two 30 minute breaks. The interviews were with various leaders in the department and an HR rep. They asked experience and behavioral questions (read from a script?) and also left a lot of time for me to ask questions. It was laid back and conversational. Just make sure you have your STAR stories down pat and have a lot to ask about the people interviewing you, the position, and the company in general.

There was a site tour after everyone finished their interviews. It was interesting, but very informal.

They told me they'd let me know about the decision the next week and as of now I haven't heard back. I will check "no offer" below.

Interview Questions
    • There can be a "boys club" feel with a position in crop protection sales. How would you deal with this male dominated field?   View Answer
    • Write a newspaper headline about yourself. (Describe yourself concisely).   Answer Question

PDP Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BASF Corporation in October 2014.

Talked to recruiters at my school's career fair, and interviewed later the same week. On-campus interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews with engineering managers from a nearby site.

Received an invitation to 2nd round interview by the end of that week. Had three 30 minute interviews engineering and HR managers. Behavioral questions in all of them and then two or three big technical questions - a mix of trying to find out what you know as well as how you think. Interview day also had presentations from current/former PDPs to give an overview of the program.

Was contacted within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a product or service did not meet customer/company standards.   Answer Question

PDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BASF Corporation in October 2014.

Standard interview process with a behavioural type interview and Technical interview portion. Technical questions were designed to understand the interviewees approach to problem solving. The technical portion was challenging yet also enjoyable. The BASF hiring process is top notch and the welcome process is as well.

Interview Questions
    • If you were designing a reactor for a highly exothermic reaction which reactor design would you choose and why   View Answer