BASF Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews

96 interviews

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at BASF Corporation in June 2014.

I had a telephone interview for an Administrative position back in February. Followed up with recruiter every few weeks for 2 months - each time being told they were still finishing phone screens. Gave up.

In May, applied for similar position. Received email in a few days requesting a "digital" interview. This is similar to a Skype interview, except you are solely speaking into a computer Web Cam while questions pop up on the screen. You have 3 minutes or so after seeing the question. Very bizarre.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were general in nature - tell me about a time you solved a problem.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

One way video interview is the first interview you get. Do not know what step is after that. There is a deadline to complete this interview but its a fairly short deadline.

Finance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BASF Corporation in June 2012.

The first interview was conducted over the phone. I was then invited to the company site. the first day conducted of three one hour interviews with one individual. The applicant pool was narrowed and I was invited to a second day of three one hour interviews with one individual. The

Interview Questions
    • Asked to explain the inherent risks for a fictional option given maturity date, strike price, and future market prices.   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at BASF Corporation.

Had to make a presentation and answer questions; only 50 min to put the presentation together based on a case..... Behavior questions during the interview...normally a panel of 3.

Interview Questions
    • preparing for the presentation.....and coming up with examples that demonstrated behavior (ex. leadership, teamwork, customer focused)   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BASF Corporation in February 2013.

Slow and lengthy. Took 2 months for first contact. After phone interview no response for 1 month.

Marketing Intern Interview

I interviewed back in April and the entire process took 9 days. Many of the questions were behavioral/situational and other than that just a normal conversation. It helps to dress nicely and arrive 15 minutes early. There was another lady who wrote down what you said to the interviewer for future decisions.

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BASF Corporation.

Not sure about this one.....I was recruited by a district manager after being recommended by my BASF sales representative. We had experience with each other as I was a customer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Technical Service Specialist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at BASF Corporation.

So far so good! I applied online on a Monday, the following Monday (after Easter) I received and email for a phone screening. I talked with an HR rep Tuesday and all seemed well. The hiring manager is out of town now so hopefully I'll hear something soon!

Plant Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sparks, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Sparks, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at BASF Corporation in January 2013.

The interview process was very well organized, kept on agenda, and worked very well to keep competing candidates separated.

Interview Questions
    • Do not recall anything exceptionally difficult. Study the basics, and know yourself.   Answer Question

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at BASF Corporation.

Filled out on-line questionaire. Made sure to include keywords that matched posting. Pretty straight forward in-person, competncy-based interview. Met with management, colleagues, and HR. Each interviewer asked questions about different competncies. No presentation required.

Interview Questions
    • HR had much broader questions that required several responses after narrowing the focus. Nothing difficult, just the way the questions were presented and the HR person interviewing seemed to be a bit mechanical.   Answer Question
    The salary was reasonable, so no real need to negotiate to hard. No flexibility with vacation, but has since adjusted somewhat so no real issue for new hires.

Worked for BASF Corporation? Contribute to the Community!