BASF Corporation

Updated Jan 19, 2015

Professional Development Program - Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BASF Corporation in October 2014.

I was introduced to the company at a career fair at my University. Following a conversation with a company representative, I was scheduled for an on-campus interview the next day. This interview was conducted separately by two representatives, about 30 minutes a piece. Most of the questions were behavioral. I was invited to a final round of interviews in Durham, NC about a week later. There were many college seniors interviewing for the same position, and there was a great opportunity to mingle with them and others who work for the company already. There were four interviews, each with a different representative and their questions were mostly related to personal qualifications, but each had different questions to ask.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions focused on why I would be a good fit for the company, which can be a difficult question to answer at length.   Answer Question

Legal Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BASF Corporation in October 2014.

After submitting my resume, I had the one-way video interview, which was a little awkward. But, everyone gets the same questions and time to answer the questions. Next was the on-site, all day interview with 5 people at different times during the day. Finally, was the last round which was a panel of the hirer ups. The process was fast and I knew within 30 days.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions; but, you have to really be a good fit or match for the group/position.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Professional Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BASF Corporation in October 2014.

Applied through university recruiting. I was contacted and conducted the first round interview on campus, which consisted of reviewing my resume and experiences. Second round of interviews included a "meet and greet" networking event on site, with interviews the following day. The interviews consisted of three sessions, all 1:1 conversations. I was asked questions to determine my behavior and ethics.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with your life if money were no object?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Made to do an on-demand interview on the internet. Very different experience. A question would appear you had 30 seconds to think about it and the 3 minutes to answer all while being video recorded. It felt like giving a monologue. It is very different with no give and take. Also, you do not have a persons body language to feed off of. As a word of advice, practice, practice, practice! I have been told in several occasions that I am great in interviews but I felt like i bombed this one. I was told they went with another candidate. I probably would have too...

Interview Questions
    • Explain what teams you have been involved in and why they were successful.   Answer Question

Professional Development Program - Chemical Engineer Interview

Spoke to recruiters at my university's career fair, they called for an interview a few days later. The interview consisted of two 30-minutes interviews with two of the recruiters. Straightforward, they spoke about themselves and then asked about me, then went on with typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked one technical question about a distillation column that didn't actually involve the distillation column, just knowledge about heat transfer in general.   Answer Question

PDP Chemical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BASF Corporation in September 2014.

BASF interviewed at my University. Two interviews with two different interviewers, 30 minutes each. Interviewers were friendly and helpful to all the questions I had. I heard the internship interviews are a lot easier than full-time interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you use *a certain* office object in other ways?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at BASF Corporation in September 2014.

Panel of 3 people, very straight forward questions about the job. Very pleasant & informative interview. The 3 people involve make the interview flow so easy. Look around the company and its looks awesome. Overall a good experience in my interview.

Interview Questions
    • The usual - been a good team player & why I consider myself an excellent candidate   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online – interviewed at BASF Corporation in September 2014.

Interview Process (prescreen) consisted of a email sent from BASF directing interviewee to conduct a recorded session online. There wasn't a phone or face to face conversation. -Very awkward, removes human dialogue from process. Definitely thumbs-down

BASF Corporation Response

Oct 29, 2014Manager, Talent Sourcing & Employment Branding

We thank you and several others for providing this feedback! We have taken your concerns into consideration and have and made a change to our process. Candidates now have a phone conversation with ... More

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BASF Corporation in August 2014.

Panel interview with 5 panel members asking questions. The process took about 1.5 hours with 75+ questions. Some were about the job, my history and my goals and motivation. A lot of interest about moving and my ability to travel for more than 50% of the time. Very open and honest panel wanting to get to know me and understand why I wanted this position over staying in my current roll.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you apply for this job instead of staying in your current position?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

One way video interview is the first interview you get. Do not know what step is after that. There is a deadline to complete this interview but its a fairly short deadline.