BASF Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Market Intelligence Analyst
Raleigh, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at BASF Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews scheduled - one with VP BASF Plant Science and Head of Strategic Partnership, the other one with Head of HR and Head of Strategic Marketing. Both interviews went well, in a relaxed atmosphere.
The negative thing - follow-up after the interview. It took them 3 weeks to come up with a decision. No response after follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• Why BASF? Why this particular position?   View Answer
  • Situational questions from HR - what did you do in xyz situation and how did you feel? etc.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Leadership Development Program Interview

Leadership Development Program
Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BASF Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – The campus recruiter from BASF was very nice and and professional. The interview was conversation based, asking candidates how they would handle certain situations and to know how candidates have handled particular problems in the past. There was a greeter before entering the interview room, and I find that to be a bit awkward.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you demonstrated quantitative skills.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Wyandotte, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at BASF Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – I gave a 45 minutes presentation on my research and conducted a Q&A section for 15 minutes. Then I was interviewed by 8 scientist and one HR representative.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BASF Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – applied...2 phone interview...flew back to Buffalo, NY for a series on 7 in person interview

Corporate Senior Accountant Interview

Corporate Senior Accountant
Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BASF Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – 1 manager and 1 director are interviewing at the same time, each taking turns to ask questions

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BASF Corporation in June 2011.

Interview Details – Frist there was a phone screen, this was unusual though as it was a screen call with the hiring manager directly. After that I was invited into the office for a half-day of interviews - the day consisted of 1 hour one-on-one interviews with several managers and department heads. Then I had 2 additional phone interviews a few weeks later due to travel on my part (could not get to the office). An offer was extended via HR a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you saw a problem or need area and how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate on salary a little, but could not negotiate on bonus structure or vacation.

LDP - MBA Interview

LDP - MBA
Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at BASF Corporation in February 2011.

Interview Details – The process was pleasant - the hiring managers/HR were really nice but it took a long time from the time I applied (August 2010) to when I got my interview (January 2011) . The first round was on the phone and consisted of a general resume based discussion and why I was interested in working for them. The next round was in-person with several different hiring managers as it is a rotational program. Overall, very nice people - looks like a good culture and work environment.

Interview Question – Why BASF?   View Answer

Production Technician Interview

Production Technician
Freeport, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at BASF Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details – There was an easy aptitude test on the comuter which was graded on the spot. If you pass you get a 1 on 1 interview for about 10 minutes. If you pass that you get a second interview with 3 people. it last for about an hour. After that they will make their final determination.

Interview Question – If the pump is down and it will take maintnence 3 days to come and fix it. What will you do in the meantime?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Florham Park, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BASF Corporation in October 2010.

Interview Details – Heard about opportunity through networking. It was not posted anywhere that I know of. Phone interview followed by a panel face to face interview. Interviews moved quickly, but then there was a long lag from last interview to offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation, but I was very happy with the offer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Research Triangle Park, NC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at BASF Corporation in February 2008.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews that led to employment.

Interviews for Top Jobs at BASF Corporation