BASF Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BASF Corporation (Wyandotte, MI).

Interview

I was provided with a phone interview quickly after I applied. I was told that I would be a good fit for this job or possibly another one. I never heard back from them after the initial interview even though I felt it went very well.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, tell me about your background. Did ask about certifications related to supply chain planner position.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BASF Corporation (Tarrytown, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

onsite interview was a whole day long. first, gave a research presentation. Interrupted from the first few slides. They didn't seem to be listening to your presentation. Instead, asked a lot of "stupid" questions which could supposedly be answered from my presentation. And then one-to-one interview, asked a lot of textbook questions and definitions, nothing about industry or the position I applied. But I think they were just trying to show off themselves. People are very mean.

Interview Questions

• can you draw mechanism on board?   1 Answer

Like I said before, I dont like them. Their people are mean and unfriendly.

Agro PDP Marketing/Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BASF Corporation.

Interview

Applied online then heard back a month later with phone interview. First phone interview with HR representative. Got a second phone interview before being declined for a visit to visit to their facilities. Second interview was with a manager of the department. All behavioral questions no technical questions in either interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with conflict   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BASF Corporation.

Interview

Pretty standard process. Got an email from HR setting up and phone conversation, which then resulted in another phone interview with HR manager, and finally being flown out the headquarters to interview with 6 people. Did not hear back on the job for several months, continued to follow up and was told it was still in the running. Finally decided to go with someone else for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the chemical industry in America?   Answer Question

Summer Civil Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BASF Corporation in November 2013.

Interview

Applied to a diversity dinner they were having on campus. A couple days after the dinner set up a time for an interview. Interviewed with two people. The first was more technical and the other asked more behavioral type questions. Heard back in exactly one week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you used a diverse group of people to accomplish something.   Answer Question

PDP Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BASF Corporation (Detroit, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

The process was very easy going. Everybody involved in the process was very caring.

I had two phone interviews one with HR and the other one bit more technical. In both cases, I was ask several questions about my resume and I was asked to explain it and give different situations in which my experience or personality helped me to succeed.

The site interview lasted about two days. The first day is travel day and a networking reception in the evening in which you meet candidates (just like yourself), recruiters, and former PDP'ers. You have to make sure you interact with people and ask as many questions about the program as you can.

During the second day of the site interview, I interviews again with HR, I gave a technical talk about my graduate work, and met with the director of the program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have a conflict with one of your co-workers. What happened and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Human Resources Professional Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BASF Corporation in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through college career center and was asked to interview. The first interview was on campus. They had a person in the current program to chat with outside, which was nice, and the interviewer asked me typical interview questions - Tell me about yourself, leadership and teamwork questions. Then received an email about a week or two later to visit headquarters in New Jersey for second round interview. There was a social to mingle with then interviewers the night before the interviews. It was slightly awkward that all of the students you're competing against are with you most of the time. There were four interviews back to back the next day.

Interview Questions

• What challenges will HR face in the future? weaknesses that you've corrected? What keeps me up at night?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BASF Corporation.

Interview

Hiring was simple. Applied online. Got a call to come interview. Interviewed with a small group of other interns. All day process of introduction/interviewing/plant tour

Interview Questions

• No unexpected or difficult/technical questions. Name a weakness. Name a time you disagreed within a group.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BASF Corporation.

Interview

Panel interview asking behavioral and situational questions

Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BASF Corporation in September 2013.

Interview

Phone Screen, then nothing for weeks, then finally invited in for panel interview. Took 2 months or maybe longer. A bunch of hooey...oh we want someone hired in by date X. If interviewing fourth quarter...DO NOT BELIEVE IT. Waste of time to interview between September and December 31 -- you won't be hired. Look at all the interviewees rejected late in the year. The job posts are not real....So give up....if you want a job...do it first quarter -- maybe second, that's it. They hire nobody in the end of the year and BASF is in the middle of a huge restructure and realignment making it even harder to get hired.