BASF Group Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2014
26 interviews

2.8

Chemist Interview

I only have the opportunity to get a phone interview. The questions were very basic, like what are your weakness? and also they make sure that you have the qualifications for their position. The HR person was nice and familiar with the resume. However, I never heard from them back.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to be in front of an instrument most of the day? Why.?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at BASF Group.

I applied online and it took a while from them to schedule the phone and in-person interview. The in-person interview was mostly behavioral questions asked by supervisors, staff and HR. I thought it was nice that the interview team acknowledged that the questions were difficult and the process was grueling.

Interview Questions
    I did try to negotiate, but in the end, it was a fair enough offer.

Standard questions

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BASF Group in August 2008.

Smooth as long as you know something.

Easy.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ambler, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ambler, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BASF Group in January 2008.

During the interview they just wanted you to express who you were and the passion you had to learn about marketing in this company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had an unsatisfied customer and what you did to satisfy it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BASF Group.

I applied with the online application and the company called me after 1 to 2 weeks. I had one interview and got the offer quite fast after the interview. The interview was mostly about what the responsibilities in this area are, my CV and my motivation for this internship. Overall it was a fast and friendly process.

Procurement Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at BASF Group in December 2010.

Usually there is a two step interview process. Questions can be casual or technical and based on different department within the organization. Be yourself. Confidence and ability to learn are valuable traits that can help you to secure a job.

Interview Questions
    • Detailing a real case scenario of managing difficult people.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at BASF Group in January 2014.

Recommended by the BASF Taiwan employee due to the great experience for BASF Kid's lab. I was interviewed by one HR and two managers. After answering personal background and some questions raised by managers, I was hired after two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what is the United States fiscal cliff and the corporate sustainability.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BASF Group in February 2013.

Presentation with others candidates.
    Presentation video is showed to all candidates about the company
    English presentation
    Imediate superior interview.
    Direct interview with the Department Manager.
    The process takes around 1 and a half month to 3 months

Engineer Starter Interview

Interview of one hour with engineer and recruiting person (external consultancy bureau)

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about how current my knowledge in my field of study is.   View Answer

Worked for BASF Group? Contribute to the Community!