BASF Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.8

Chemist Interview

I only have the opportunity to get a phone interview. The questions were very basic, like what are your weakness? and also they make sure that you have the qualifications for their position. The HR person was nice and familiar with the resume. However, I never heard from them back.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to be in front of an instrument most of the day? Why.?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at BASF Group.

I applied online and it took a while from them to schedule the phone and in-person interview. The in-person interview was mostly behavioral questions asked by supervisors, staff and HR. I thought it was nice that the interview team acknowledged that the questions were difficult and the process was grueling.

Interview Questions
    I did try to negotiate, but in the end, it was a fair enough offer.

Intern Interview

Standard questions

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BASF Group in August 2008.

Smooth as long as you know something.

Easy.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ambler, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ambler, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BASF Group in January 2008.

During the interview they just wanted you to express who you were and the passion you had to learn about marketing in this company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you had an unsatisfied customer and what you did to satisfy it?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

at first is a phone interview, the procedure is very mild and comfortable. The HR is too nice and pro. this is just the first interview of the whole recruitment so we will see

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BASF Group.

I applied with the online application and the company called me after 1 to 2 weeks. I had one interview and got the offer quite fast after the interview. The interview was mostly about what the responsibilities in this area are, my CV and my motivation for this internship. Overall it was a fast and friendly process.

Engineer Starter Interview

Interview of one hour with engineer and recruiting person (external consultancy bureau)

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about how current my knowledge in my field of study is.   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bologna (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bologna (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BASF Group in January 2014.

The process was composed of two steps: a phone call and the assessment day. It was very fast and the corporate HR staff was very professional (i.e. there's a European call center that answers in your language whatever it is) but impersonal (i.e. no way to obtain a personal feedback nor the contacts of the person with whom you talked).
    The 1 hr phone call tests your language skills and assesses the basic "motivation" and competency questions.
    The assessment day was held in the plant where the position was to be setted and it involved 8 candidates. It encompassed a short presentation of the company, of the Italian division and of the plant itself, then a psychometric test, a short personal presentation, a whole team "case study" (not technical, more say to test your teamwork attitude and your ability to deal with problems without any optimal solution) and a technical case study too, but in smaller teams.
    Eventually, each candidate went through an individual 1hr technical interview and an individual 1hr "competency based" interview with an HR consultant not being part of the company.
    The assessment day was a bit strange, because the technical engineers that were interviewing us didn't know much about the position (and benefits) and the HR consultants, if possible, knew even less about that since they were not from the company.
    Therefore it was not clear which abilities were most valuable (more project mgmt, as the name of the position suggests? more technical?) and there was no clear career path.

Interview Questions
    • You have a water stream containing a very precious metal and a very dangerous ore: how do you recover metal and minimize ore contact/diffusion?   View Answer
    • You distillate batchwise some wine in your garage to obtain some 45° spirit. Unfortunatelly, this stinks, how do you prevent the smell? (Without adding flavours and without complicate machinery that you can't afford nor fit in your garage)   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BASF Group in January 2014.

Recommended by the BASF Taiwan employee due to the great experience for BASF Kid's lab. I was interviewed by one HR and two managers. After answering personal background and some questions raised by managers, I was hired after two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what is the United States fiscal cliff and the corporate sustainability.   Answer Question