BASF Group Research Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2014

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at BASF Group.

I applied online and it took a while from them to schedule the phone and in-person interview. The in-person interview was mostly behavioral questions asked by supervisors, staff and HR. I thought it was nice that the interview team acknowledged that the questions were difficult and the process was grueling.

Interview Questions
I did try to negotiate, but in the end, it was a fair enough offer.

Other Interview Reviews for BASF Group

Research Scientist Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at BASF Group in February 2012.

apply online firstly, then I was invited for a onsite interview day. It starts from 9:30 am and finished at 4:00 pm. I have met 8 people totally including one big manager and several group leaders and two people have work there for only 3 years. During lunch, you are also interviewed by people eating with you.

Interview Questions
    • what is the difference between the research in the lab and company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the innovation of your previous work.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ludwigshafen am Rhein (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludwigshafen am Rhein (Germany)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BASF Group in August 2011.

I initially applied online, got a response from HR in about 3 weeks and made an appointment for a one-day interview. The interview day started from 8:30am and lasted till 3:30pm including a 20 min research presentation and a lunch break (1 hour). There were a total number of 7 interviews (all one-on-one) with different persons from different research groups within the same division and about 50 min each. They asked mostly personal questions regarding my past experiences and special activities and not so many technical questions in general. It was a very long and dense interview day, so be prepared and have enough patients and energy. Don't forget to breathe and smile!

Interview Questions
    • Do you think BASF is the ONLY company you want to work for? Would you rather work for our competitors if you are given chances?   View Answer

Worked for BASF Group? Contribute to the Community!