BASF Group

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Scientist

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at BASF Group.

Interview Details – I applied online and it took a while from them to schedule the phone and in-person interview. The in-person interview was mostly behavioral questions asked by supervisors, staff and HR. I thought it was nice that the interview team acknowledged that the questions were difficult and the process was grueling.

Interview Question – Tell me about times when you were innovative at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did try to negotiate, but in the end, it was a fair enough offer.

Research Scientist

The process took a day - interviewed at BASF Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – apply online firstly, then I was invited for a onsite interview day. It starts from 9:30 am and finished at 4:00 pm. I have met 8 people totally including one big manager and several group leaders and two people have work there for only 3 years. During lunch, you are also interviewed by people eating with you.

Interview Questions

Research Scientist
Ludwigshafen am Rhein (Germany)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BASF Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – I initially applied online, got a response from HR in about 3 weeks and made an appointment for a one-day interview. The interview day started from 8:30am and lasted till 3:30pm including a 20 min research presentation and a lunch break (1 hour). There were a total number of 7 interviews (all one-on-one) with different persons from different research groups within the same division and about 50 min each. They asked mostly personal questions regarding my past experiences and special activities and not so many technical questions in general. It was a very long and dense interview day, so be prepared and have enough patients and energy. Don't forget to breathe and smile!

Interview Question – Do you think BASF is the ONLY company you want to work for? Would you rather work for our competitors if you are given chances?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BASF Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BASF Group Research Scientist interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by BASF Group employees and interview candidates.