BAY (Business. Around. You)

www.businessaroundyou.com
Engaged Employer

BAY (Business. Around. You) Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015

1.9

Marketing Interview

Interview

The interview was unprofessional. The hiring manager was promoting the company and telling me what it does. Didn't ask anything about my qualification. Didn't explain what position was available. After the interview I didn't what position I was being interview for, but I got a call for a second interview which was a "door to door" sales job. I refused. I feel like this company wasted my valuable time. Don't apply if you want a "marketing" job. This company has nothing to do with marketing. It's a sales company.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had no idea why they called me for an interview, very unprofessional and they never read my resume before calling me. I had to stop the interview and ask the hiring manager if she took the time at least to skip into my experience before asking me to sell coupons.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

There were a lot of candidates in the lobby and the first interview was very brief. The second interview was shadowing an account director around as they did promotions. The building the office is in is very nice, right in the heart of Walnut Creek. The administrators were very nice and everyone was dressed very professionally. The shadowing interview was different but was really neat so you knew what you were getting yourself into before signing into anything. They were quick at responding back to application as well as following through with the interviews.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) (Walnut Creek, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The process was extremely fast and strange. I thought I was going into a sports marketing job, but it is NOT THAT. I applied to a job and got an email the next day. They asked when they could call me, set up an interview for the position. They ended up calling me later that day and asked me some very generic interview questions. I passed the first phone interview, and they asked if I could come in the next morning for a one on one interview When I got to the one on one interview in Walnut Creek, everyone working in the offices was very young probably mid 20's range. The office was not very nice in my opinion and looked like it was put together very quickly. I spoke with a young girl probably 25-28 and she basically asked me a few more questions and what the company was about. (Its a door to door sales job to companies not residents, you go into companies that are working with their own clients and in my opinion I found it to be rude and inappropriate to sell at these businesses). I passed the second interview process and the next day they had me go door to door with one of their "expert" seller and sell packages to random businesses. The day was awkward and awful and I could not wait for it to end. I walked around with the expert for about 8 hours and they tell you that day they will buy you lunch and ask you how you like it so far. For lunch he took me Mcdonalds super cheap and impolite in my opinion. When the day was over about 6:00pm we went back to the office and I was told I did a great job, though I really did not do anything. They offered me the job and I tried to turn it down, but remember its sales so they tried to convince me why it was sooooo great. I ended up telling them thanks but I really was not into what they were doing and they were super pushy. I found that they are really looking for anyone, and that they are going to start all their employers in this awful door to door sales job. If it sounds good to you then take it, but it's a 7am to 6pm not so great job in my opinion

Interview Questions

Not what I was looking to do.

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for a position of Public Relations Assistant and they got back to me pretty quickly. The HR person told me to come in for an interview and I went in... and found out that a "Public Relations Assistant" meant I had to start from the bottom up, meaning I would have to market directly to the public, as in the vendors you see at gas stations, parks, etc. who are trying to sell you stuff. It was a far cry from the job posting. There was no mention of salary except that each department makes a different amount and so forth, very vague.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions they asked, they only talked about the company   Answer Question

Application

interviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) in March 2014.

Interview

I only went to the first interview, but I can say it was the most belittling interview I have ever gone to. I started in a waiting room and filled out an application. I then proceeded into the office with another candidate and we began the interview with Alon. The CEO was a pompous jerk who bragged about his money, his house and essentially rubbed in our faces how wealthy he is. He told us that if we made it to the next interview, it would be 8 hours long! And then if you get hired, you would be working 65 hour weeks selling coupons for things like chiropractic work and Carl's Jr. to a bunch of random people at local businesses. What's ironic about this is that I went into the interview for a position not tied to sales at all and yet that is what he was expecting me to do. Alon said that the selling component was part of their "training program" before you move to management positions. Sounds like a pyramid scheme philosophy if I've ever heard one. On top of this, he cut me off speaking several times, tried to downplay my education and experience, and said very rude things about my career field. I would not recommend applying or interviewing for this company.

Interview Questions

I declined because of my experience with the CEO and the pyramid scheme philosophy of the organization.

Marjeting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) (Walnut Creek, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call from the hiring manager of the company after having uploaded my resume on a website. The interview was a little unprofessional and they did not ask me about my previous experience in that position. What they offer basically is a door to door sales job.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was searching for a job on Craigslist, and I came across a posting for an entry level sports marketing job. I sent my resume in, and was offered a 1st round interview. The interview, I thought, was very vague, and I still didn't have a clear idea of what the company did, or my potential role within it. I was slightly skeptical, but I was given a 2nd round interview, which I accepted, to spend a day observing one of the account directors. I wore business professional attire to both interviews, as that is the company dress code. We walked around going business to business doing door to door sales, which I observed but did not participate in, as I was not an employee at the time. At lunch all the vagueness of the job was cleared up completely, as the account director explained exactly what the pay scale was (commission only, but a generous one), and the management training program. When I got back to the office the account director whom I had shadowed told me that she would be recommending me for the job to the owner. I sat in the waiting room for a while, and everyone was very polite and cordial. I was then called into the owner's office for a short interview, and was later informed that I had been selected for the position. I immediately accepted and began work the next morning. What I had observed the day before was my exact experience when I started working. Door to door sales, 11-12 hours per day total, 6 days per week. While walking around getting told no 65-70 hours per week for $400-$600 may sound undesirable, the position is, in fact, not designed for the entitled; you eat what you kill. While $400-$600 is what they tell you is typical for entry level representatives, the top salespersons make double that commission, with weeks or barely months of experience at the company. I have only been in this job for a very brief period of time, but the purpose of my division, and the understanding of exactly what the job entails have gone from being very vague to me during my first interview, to very clear in my first several days. I believe the reason this company gets a bad rap from bloggers and reviewers is because it is a physically and mentally taxing job with no guaranteed pay, which is enough to scare off and miff the unmotivated. This job is tailored for competitive, outgoing individuals who are willing to work long hours to drive results. It is a hardworking and motivational corporate environment. I am very excited to be a part of this company, and look forward to my tenure here.

Interview Questions

• There were no outstandingly difficult interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) (Walnut Creek, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. The first was pretty easy going. The manager asked me a few questions and asked if I could come back for a second interview. I came back, dressed appropriately, and we went to a few different areas to market products. The product basically sells itself. Not hard at all.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) (Walnut Creek, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was average. The manager asked me the normal interview questions and I was asked to come back and shadow an employee to experience the job first-hand. I came back and we went to local business to market local products and services to other business owners. Once we arrived back at the corporate office I was asked when I could start working.