BAY (Business. Around. You)
www.baymktg.com Emeryville, CA 16 to 50 Employees

BAY (Business. Around. You) Marketing Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) in June 2013.

Interview Details – There were 2 interviews. The first was pretty easy going. The manager asked me a few questions and asked if I could come back for a second interview. I came back, dressed appropriately, and we went to a few different areas to market products. The product basically sells itself. Not hard at all.

Interview Question – A lot of management questions.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) in February 2011.

Interview Details – Found this company online and decided to apply for a position. I was contacted to come in for an interview with some gregarious person. The atmosphere of the office looked somewhat professional but tacky. The receptionist sat near a big screen television and her associate sat near her doing the exact same duties. I was called in by this tall guy and the interview started. The interviewer told me about the potential to make a good amount of money within the first year, then move up the ranks to become a manager. All I had to do was sell tickets of their big sponsors. Later I found out that this company was sort of a scam but didn't look into it that much as I didn't get the offer. I would not recommend coming in for an interview because it is like a pyramid scheme.

Interview Question – What are your Salary Expectations?   Answer Question

Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) in September 2011.

Interview Details – This is a b2b sales position selling coupons. You walk all day 6 days out of the week. The interview was fishy and I don't recommend anyone interviewing with this company because if you don't sell any coupons or don't meet the quota of 5 per day you won't be getting paid.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Remember when you or your parents would shut the door on door salesmen, yea this is what this position is all about.

Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) in June 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview lasted 5 minutes. The manager did not provide much information about the company, which I found quite odd. He made it seem like it in the position that I would be doing a lot of strategic marketing for various professional sports teams in the area and businesses in the bay area. The manager asked me to join a second interview which would last all day. This once again struck odd to me, but I thought it was a great position that I didn't want to pass up.
Turns out the second interview was a preview of what I would be doing had I joined the company. It was going door to door for 11 straight hours trying to sell these package deals to people. It is a complete sales position, with no marketing whatsoever. On top of that, they work 6 days a week with a break only on saturday. When I told the manager that I was looking for a marketing position, he got mad and started to yell at me and lecture me about why his company is so good. I don't think he understands what marketing is, but I think he kept the true nature of the position hidden from interviewees because they would decline immediately.
They aim at hiring lots of people at the entry level to make sales so that the higher ups can make a lot of money. So they are constantly interviewing people day in and day out. They also claim that you can rank up in the company very fast. Most people leave before ranking up because of the exhausting nature of the job.

Interview Question – What are 5 parts to a sale?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I declined the job because I dont want to be spending 66 hours a week working for a job that pays on commission only of $400-$600 a week on average. Requires a lot of physical activity in constant walking around with little breaks. I didn't like the manager because he pretty much lied to me about what the company was about

Marketing Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BAY (Business. Around. You) in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to this company looking for a marketing position. I received a very friendly call to set up an interview.
The interview was conducted by the owner of the company. He start talking about how well the company was doing, all the promotion opportunities for me to be in management, and finally how rich he was. He kept throwing numbers at me but never mentioned anything about the marketing position or what I am being interviewed for.
He then proceeded to pencil me in for a second "all- day" interview which raised another red flag. When I got home, I decided to act on my curiosity.
TYPE in their company name, "business around you" and you will find out the truth that this is a door to door sales job selling coupons. NOT marketing of any sort.

Interview Question – How do you feel about sales?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BAY (Business. Around. You)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BAY (Business. Around. You) Marketing interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by BAY (Business. Around. You) employees and interview candidates.