BB&T Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.7

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

The interview process was fair and not that difficult. Be prepared after you are hired to pass tests and attend additional training for several weeks. The training is not bad although it takes you away from your job role and you are expected to still produce.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Dora, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BB&T (Mount Dora, FL).

Interview

Interview was easy like talking to a friend. Manager was very friendly. Made some incorrect assumptions at first interview which needed to be corrected later on in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult situation you encountered with another co-worker? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied and received a phone call within a week to schedule an in person interview. I was interviewed by the regional trainer and market leader. Pay attention to the teller training program because I was asked some of those situational questions in the interview. I was called back for a second interview several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to provide customer service.   Answer Question

Review Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BB&T (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview on phone with standard HR questions. Was called back for an in person interview and requested to drive 4.5 hours up, in the next two days (I have a job) and 4.5 hours back home. I was able to accommodate the request. Was told I was top candidate and I would hear back the next week. However at end of interview, I was told they may not be hiring my credentials after all but that he would be meeting with the executives next week to decide. I felt this should have been decided prior to my taking time off work, renting a car and driving nine hours. It's been three weeks and two emails to them and I never heard a word. There were other jobs available that I fit the profile for. I expressed interest in those as well. I never heard a word from anybody. I would not be surprised if I did not hear back after a first, phone interview. However, after being asked to drive a nine hour day, taking time off work to come to a second interview, being told I am the top candidate and I would hear back next week and then never to hear a word and no response to my emails is shocking for a company of this caliber. I have no ill feelings. Just shock.

Interview Questions

• Standard HR questions...nothing unusual or odd. Very professional questions.   1 Answer

Senior Usability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BB&T (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Was hired over the phone after a few minutes' conversation. Insisted on meeting the team in-person, which they thought unnecessary, but acquiesced. Didn't have a good feeling about the team dynamics, but the offer was too good to pass up at the time.

Relationship Banker III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Took approximately 1 month from start to finish. 15 minute phone screen, follow up interview with Market leader, final interview with Market Leader and Team Lead. Recruiter was amazing and accommodating as was the entire team. Final interview setting wax extremely comfortable, competitive salary.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an upset client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accept based on what is right for you not just amount paid, did not negotiate salary as it was a great offer.

LDP Interview

Interview

Had a first round interview on campus. It was very basic behavioral questions and some why BB&T type questions. About a week later I was contacted to take a few personality tests. After that I was flown out to their headquarters in Winston Salem where I had one day of interviews. There was small written portion followed by two behavioral interviews. They are really trying to find fit more than anything.

Interview Questions

• What are the three most pressing regulatory issues the bank is facing?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I beleive it took too long to get an interview. After the interview, which i had with three different persons the process after that was quick and got onboarded and joined the team.

Interview Questions

• Bases con previous job experience describe a scenario where.....   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BB&T (West Columbia, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief (10 min) phone interview with territory hr manager. 30+ minute in person interview with head of tellers at branch and hr person. A teller proficiency online test is required prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What work experience have you gotten that involves selling or could relate to the customer service role of a teller? Q: How does your skill set relate to being a teller? Q: Why do you want to work for BB&T?   Answer Question

Teller Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had to take the teller test online. Interviewing was a two round process. I was called on a Friday around 5pm to set up a phone interview about a month after submitting an application online. The phone interview was a standard review of the resume. After the interview was over, the interviewer said she would email me if the branch lead wanted to interview me in person.