BB&T Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Commercial Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Filled out an application online on the BB&T website. About 3 weeks to a month later I received a call from HR to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went well, recruiter was really nice, standard interview quetions. 3 days later I received a called to schedule a face to face interview on site in Greensboro with 3 team members. It was a lengthy interview, about 2 hours. Then I had another seperate interview to meet with the Assistant Vice President in Raleigh. The next day i received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected: how many basketballs do you think can fit in this room?   View Answer

BB&T is a great company and I think working with my interviewers would have been positive, it's just that I changed my mind about moving so far away from home and received an offer somewhere else.

Relationship Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Goldsboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in July 2014.

The process went pretty smoothly. I had an initial interview with Branch Manager, then second interview with SSL and Branch Manager. It was also required that I take a very lengthy online assessment before completing the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall a really unexpected or difficult question. All pertained to the job and basic interview questions such as: tell me about yourself, role-play phrased questions, tell me about a difficult situation you had to overcome at your previous job.   Answer Question
    I accepted the offer given, I felt it was a fair and generous offer considering my education and experience.

Senior Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at BB&T.

Received a call for phone interview and after that was successful the branch manager gave me a call to set up a face to face interview some questions include what do you think a "team player is' and "name a time in which you had to deal with an irrate client, what did you do or say that changed their mood or experience into a positive one" after that was successful i was made an offer i accepted and they gave me a start date

Collector I Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at BB&T.

You are brought in to a panel of three people after you pass the phone interview. Standard behavioral interview process. They will ask you what you have done in situations, much like every employer.

Nothing to negotiate

Web Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BB&T in June 2014.

Initial communication was good, received a call right away. Phone interview scheduled with Manager and several techs. All individuals seemed very respectful and nice.
    Once interview kicked off this is where it gets interesting.
    Manager said it will be very technical and that I may only get 20% of it right [That should have been a red flag right there].
    This position was for a Windows Admin, but all questions were AIX, Linux, some Mainframe, C# programming and very very little Windows [Which is what the job was for]. WTF!!!!!!

Never had I had an interview where the goal seemed to be "Make the individual feel as stupid as possible" I really felt embarrassed on the call and when I told the we should just skip all the non Windows questions I was told we could not and that they needed to be asked. What!!!! I just told you I don't have any experience in them and you continue!!!!!

I am coming from a large insurance company, high stress and high tempo. Recently moved and needed a job but this is unacceptable.

To Top it all off the questions were being asked an fella with a very heavy foreign accent [Indian or Pakistani] and I had to keep having him repeat the questions.

Interview Questions
    • In the programming language of your choice and with correct syntax tell us how to write some particular portion of code. I can't really remember what it was but I thought what a strange question for a Windows Web question.   View Answer

Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BB&T in July 2012.

Applied online, then took an online assessment. Got a phone call the next day, did a ten minutiae phone interview. Then got a call from the Branch Managers boss a few days later to set up an interview. Had an interview with two branch managers, was given an offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate but looking back I wish I had, I was offered a lot more then my last job so I just accepted without hesitation, but in reality I could've gotten a lot more.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Florence, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

I interviewed online - interviewed at BB&T.

Was called early in the morning. Did not understand the English spoken by the reviewer. two minute telephone interview. Could not interpret the questions offered. Caller immediately sent a denial to my e-mal account.

Relationship Banker I Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BB&T in December 2013.

Spent most time communicating with recruiter until the actual interview. Then followed back up with recruiter for assessments. Once those were completed, I received the offer letter from the recruiter, and negotiated the benefits with the recruiter. Overall process was very smooth.

Collateral Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at BB&T in November 2013.

It was a basic question and answer style. The interview was a two part interview. At the second round, you meet senior management. Then, a manager calls to extend an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have prior experience? Do you get bored easy? Are you able to sit and work independent?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiation.

On Call Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T in February 2013.

The hiring process started with over the phone interview when you pass the teller assessment, and then face to face interview with hiring manager and a group including Area Operation Office and vice President, The whole process took less than 30 days.

no Budge

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!