BB&T Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

applied online, then took the virtual test. Received a call a week later from HR to ask was I still interested in a job and if it was ok to give my number to the local bank I applied to, to set up interview. The bank contacted me within minutes after the call with HR.

Branch Banker Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Multiple interviews with different managers, some at other branches and some with other supervisors in attendance. Very relational and informal interview situation, but the questions asked were very pointed and not the normal questions most employers would ask.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

The interview process was fair and not that difficult. Be prepared after you are hired to pass tests and attend additional training for several weeks. The training is not bad although it takes you away from your job role and you are expected to still produce.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Dora, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Mount Dora, FL).

Interview

Interview was easy like talking to a friend. Manager was very friendly. Made some incorrect assumptions at first interview which needed to be corrected later on in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult situation you encountered with another co-worker? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was fine. Not too hard. Typical interview questions. It took way too long for them to come to a decision. It does not take 8 weeks to hire someone. I am very disappointed in the speed of this process, especially since I was told I would have an answer within a couple of weeks. My recruiter never answers her phone and neither does the teller supervisor or the branch manager. If you wanted to say that I didn't get the job, don't make up excuses like you are interviewing more people or that the substitute recruiter is overwhelmed. The professional way would to just say "We have found someone else that has met our credentials". This is horrible interview etiquette , I am very disappointed and will not be applying for them in the future.

Risk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BB&T in July 2015.

Interview

Total process took months. Received an email to set up a phone interview the next day. Interviewer was very rude and unprofessional. She admitted she knew nothing about the job and was unable to answer basic questions about the job. She asked no questions related to the job and didn't seem to care about finding the most qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave you previous jobs? (Which was really the only question asked)   Answer Question

Review Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Tallahassee, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview on phone with standard HR questions. Was called back for an in person interview and requested to drive 4.5 hours up, in the next two days (I have a job) and 4.5 hours back home. I was able to accommodate the request. Was told I was top candidate and I would hear back the next week. However at end of interview, I was told they may not be hiring my credentials after all but that he would be meeting with the executives next week to decide. I felt this should have been decided prior to my taking time off work, renting a car and driving nine hours. It's been three weeks and two emails to them and I never heard a word. There were other jobs available that I fit the profile for. I expressed interest in those as well. I never heard a word from anybody. I would not be surprised if I did not hear back after a first, phone interview. However, after being asked to drive a nine hour day, taking time off work to come to a second interview, being told I am the top candidate and I would hear back next week and then never to hear a word and no response to my emails is shocking for a company of this caliber. I have no ill feelings. Just shock.

Interview Questions

• Standard HR questions...nothing unusual or odd. Very professional questions.   1 Answer

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied and received a phone call within a week to schedule an in person interview. I was interviewed by the regional trainer and market leader. Pay attention to the teller training program because I was asked some of those situational questions in the interview. I was called back for a second interview several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to provide customer service.   Answer Question

Senior Usability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BB&T (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Was hired over the phone after a few minutes' conversation. Insisted on meeting the team in-person, which they thought unnecessary, but acquiesced. Didn't have a good feeling about the team dynamics, but the offer was too good to pass up at the time.

Business Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter called 3 days later. She setup interview with Market President. Interviewed with him less than a week later. I was offered the job within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about BB&T? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question