BB&T

Very Difficult Interview

Web Engineer II Interview

Web Engineer II
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BB&T in June 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication was good, received a call right away. Phone interview scheduled with Manager and several techs. All individuals seemed very respectful and nice.
Once interview kicked off this is where it gets interesting.
Manager said it will be very technical and that I may only get 20% of it right [That should have been a red flag right there].
This position was for a Windows Admin, but all questions were AIX, Linux, some Mainframe, C# programming and very very little Windows [Which is what the job was for]. WTF!!!!!!

Never had I had an interview where the goal seemed to be "Make the individual feel as stupid as possible" I really felt embarrassed on the call and when I told the we should just skip all the non Windows questions I was told we could not and that they needed to be asked. What!!!! I just told you I don't have any experience in them and you continue!!!!!

I am coming from a large insurance company, high stress and high tempo. Recently moved and needed a job but this is unacceptable.

To Top it all off the questions were being asked an fella with a very heavy foreign accent [Indian or Pakistani] and I had to keep having him repeat the questions.

Interview Question – In the programming language of your choice and with correct syntax tell us how to write some particular portion of code. I can't really remember what it was but I thought what a strange question for a Windows Web question.   View Answer

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BB&T in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, then took an online assessment. Got a phone call the next day, did a ten minutiae phone interview. Then got a call from the Branch Managers boss a few days later to set up an interview. Had an interview with two branch managers, was given an offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate but looking back I wish I had, I was offered a lot more then my last job so I just accepted without hesitation, but in reality I could've gotten a lot more.

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Florence, SC

I applied online and interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Was called early in the morning. Did not understand the English spoken by the reviewer. two minute telephone interview. Could not interpret the questions offered. Caller immediately sent a denial to my e-mal account.

Interview Question – Reason for needing a job.   View Answer

Relationship Banker I Interview

Relationship Banker I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BB&T in December 2013.

Interview Details – Spent most time communicating with recruiter until the actual interview. Then followed back up with recruiter for assessments. Once those were completed, I received the offer letter from the recruiter, and negotiated the benefits with the recruiter. Overall process was very smooth.

Interview Question – How do you prioritize your work throughout the day?   Answer Question

Collateral Control Analyst Interview

Collateral Control Analyst
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online - interviewed at BB&T in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was a basic question and answer style. The interview was a two part interview. At the second round, you meet senior management. Then, a manager calls to extend an offer.

Interview Question – Do you have prior experience? Do you get bored easy? Are you able to sit and work independent?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiation.

On Call Teller Interview

On Call Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T in February 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process started with over the phone interview when you pass the teller assessment, and then face to face interview with hiring manager and a group including Area Operation Office and vice President, The whole process took less than 30 days.

Interview Question – Tell me about your sales experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no Budge

Teller Interview

Teller
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – I had three interviews. The first was with HR, the next two were with the Branch Managers. The Branch Managers decide if they want you on their team based on your answers.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself a year from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You tell them what you want to make and if it not much in their eyes, they will give you exactly that, not much is said after that. So start high and let them try to bring it down.

Software/Analyst/Engineer Interview

Software/Analyst/Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – It was ridiculous process and pathetic interviewers who did not have any clue what they were asking. Everything you can find mostly of the internet !

Summarize -- TWO WORDS: RIDICULOUSLY PATHETIC

Negotiation Details – horrible

Relationship Banker Interview

Relationship Banker
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BB&T in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked about how I would sell to a client, how I would profile their needs, a time when I had a customer that was out of control, and then I had to sell a pen to the manager.

Interview Question – Selling the pen to the manager was the hardest. I did pretty well, but I was very nervous.   Answer Question

Ldp Associate Interview

Ldp Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – First interview on campus, lasted about 30-45 minutes and strictly behavioral. Interviewer extremely friendly and knowledgeable. After had to complete a test measuring personality and analytic skills. Invited to Winston-Salem for 2nd interview consisting of dinner, case question, writing assignment, and face to face interviews. Invited to 3rd interview in with group I was applying to for more personal interview which lasted about an hour. Everyone throughout process seemed to love working for BB&T and really cared about the future of the company.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you influenced others.   Answer Question

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!