BB&T LDP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

3.1

LDP Interview

Interview

Had a first round interview on campus. It was very basic behavioral questions and some why BB&T type questions. About a week later I was contacted to take a few personality tests. After that I was flown out to their headquarters in Winston Salem where I had one day of interviews. There was small written portion followed by two behavioral interviews. They are really trying to find fit more than anything.

Interview Questions

• What are the three most pressing regulatory issues the bank is facing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about 2-4 weeks. First, an on campus interview with mostly behavior questions. Second interview was at corporate in NC. Went into more details. Third interview revolves around a case and a meeting with managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to come in for an interview. Interviewed with a BB&T employee who had gone through the LDP a few years ago. Interview lasted about an hour and a half and was pretty straightforward and behavioral. I am still waiting to hear if I made it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• How have you been successful in influencing others? Why do you want to work in financial services? What qualities are important to you in a leader and give an example of when you have displayed these qualities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

One on campus interview with HR specialist. They fly you out to Winston-Salem. You have 2 interviews back to back with random departments within BB&T. You have a very simple case to do and explain during 1 of these 2 interviews. You also have a paper writing assignment to do... (silly and very informal way of doing a writing sample with no guidance). They also try to sell you the position because BB&T pays less than industry average and try to say how they are so different and offer 500 stock options that aren't worth much. And they claim about their exceptional health benefits.. Fishy people.

Ldp Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

First interview on campus, lasted about 30-45 minutes and strictly behavioral. Interviewer extremely friendly and knowledgeable. After had to complete a test measuring personality and analytic skills. Invited to Winston-Salem for 2nd interview consisting of dinner, case question, writing assignment, and face to face interviews. Invited to 3rd interview in with group I was applying to for more personal interview which lasted about an hour. Everyone throughout process seemed to love working for BB&T and really cared about the future of the company.

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. Had one on campus interview and then a final round interview in Winston-Salem. They gave us a nice dinner and one night in a hotel in Downtown Winston on Friday and then had three rounds of interviews on Saturday.

Interview Questions

• They gave one business case regarding an acquisition and how they would implement that into their current business model as well as communicating with their customers. You were allowed 30 minutes to read the case, think about it, and write whatever you needed to down. Then they allowed you to speak one on one with an interviewer explaining your thought process. Also gave a role play interview seeing how you would handle a customer   2 Answers

Better offers elsewhere and didn't want to live in Winston-Salem for 8 months and then be moved somewhere else

Ldp Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in February 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position through OCR, on-campus recruiting. I interviewed for the position in February. The interview was 1 on 1, and lasted for approximately 40 minutes. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral-style interview questions, and then asked me if I had any questions or concerns about the position and the interview process. A few weeks after the initial interview, I was invited to take personality assessment, Caliper Profile. I am currently waiting to hear back regarding 2nd round prospects. The recruitment/hiring process is a fairly smooth and streamlined one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to deal with conflict as a member of a team. How did you resolve the matter?   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Interview was mostly behavioral questions. Not too difficult. Good opportunity to get to know BB&T as an employer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about how ethics shaped my decision. As a college student with no experience at the time I had little to go off.   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Quick phone-interview

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Applied for the LDP through my university and got an on campus interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and mainly consisted of behavior questions/leadership questions. Some of the questions were, describe your leadership ability, tell me about a time you failed, and what are some ethical problems in banking.

Interview Questions

• What caused the 2008 banking crisis   1 Answer