BB&T Interview Questions

2.7

Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at BB&T in March 2011.

They missed my interview time! They said they wold call to reschedule never called

Relationship Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in May 2012.

About two weeks after filling out the application, I was called for the interview. It was a very tough interview. While the man was very pleasant, I could tell it would be extremely difficult to impress him. I didn't think the interview went horribly but I also didn't leave with the feeling that I was likely to get the job. Sure enough, a week later, I got the rejection letter. This position was a bit more involved than a regular teller and I really think they were looking for someone with banking experience even though they don't say that in the job posting

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Florence, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

I applied online - interviewed at BB&T.

Was called early in the morning. Did not understand the English spoken by the reviewer. two minute telephone interview. Could not interpret the questions offered. Caller immediately sent a denial to my e-mal account.

Web Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BB&T in June 2014.

Initial communication was good, received a call right away. Phone interview scheduled with Manager and several techs. All individuals seemed very respectful and nice.
    Once interview kicked off this is where it gets interesting.
    Manager said it will be very technical and that I may only get 20% of it right [That should have been a red flag right there].
    This position was for a Windows Admin, but all questions were AIX, Linux, some Mainframe, C# programming and very very little Windows [Which is what the job was for]. WTF!!!!!!

Never had I had an interview where the goal seemed to be "Make the individual feel as stupid as possible" I really felt embarrassed on the call and when I told the we should just skip all the non Windows questions I was told we could not and that they needed to be asked. What!!!! I just told you I don't have any experience in them and you continue!!!!!

I am coming from a large insurance company, high stress and high tempo. Recently moved and needed a job but this is unacceptable.

To Top it all off the questions were being asked an fella with a very heavy foreign accent [Indian or Pakistani] and I had to keep having him repeat the questions.

Interview Questions
    • In the programming language of your choice and with correct syntax tell us how to write some particular portion of code. I can't really remember what it was but I thought what a strange question for a Windows Web question.   View Answer

Ldp Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BB&T.

First interview on campus, lasted about 30-45 minutes and strictly behavioral. Interviewer extremely friendly and knowledgeable. After had to complete a test measuring personality and analytic skills. Invited to Winston-Salem for 2nd interview consisting of dinner, case question, writing assignment, and face to face interviews. Invited to 3rd interview in with group I was applying to for more personal interview which lasted about an hour. Everyone throughout process seemed to love working for BB&T and really cared about the future of the company.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BB&T in February 2010.

I was asked about how I would sell to a client, how I would profile their needs, a time when I had a customer that was out of control, and then I had to sell a pen to the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Selling the pen to the manager was the hardest. I did pretty well, but I was very nervous.   Answer Question

Personal Lines Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T in February 2014.

Three interviews. First was a phone interview. The next two were panel interviews conducted by at least three managers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you can offer to this company and/or position?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate because it is an entry level position and I am not technically qualified. I was given and incredible referral by a dear friend.

Portfolio Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in April 2011.

Great scheduling, friendly and tested understanding of position skills needed.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions and were all expected for the position.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BB&T in October 2011.

Composed of one on campus interview, which 3 associates/analyst conducted. Asked many questions based on background. Later invited for Superday. Networking dinner the day before and went out afterwards. The interviews the next day started at 8 am. Composed of 9 interviews back-to-back of mostly managing directors but also some associates as well. More senior people ask me behavioral or strategic questions, less senior people ask technical questions.

Ldp Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at BB&T in February 2012.

Behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What lead to the recession in 2008?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the proper information.   Answer Question

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!