BB&T Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.7

Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BB&T (Athens, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

They missed my interview time! They said they wold call to reschedule never called

Relationship Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Charleston, SC) in May 2012.

Interview

About two weeks after filling out the application, I was called for the interview. It was a very tough interview. While the man was very pleasant, I could tell it would be extremely difficult to impress him. I didn't think the interview went horribly but I also didn't leave with the feeling that I was likely to get the job. Sure enough, a week later, I got the rejection letter. This position was a bit more involved than a regular teller and I really think they were looking for someone with banking experience even though they don't say that in the job posting

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T (Florence, SC).

Interview

Was called early in the morning. Did not understand the English spoken by the reviewer. two minute telephone interview. Could not interpret the questions offered. Caller immediately sent a denial to my e-mal account.

Web Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BB&T (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was good, received a call right away. Phone interview scheduled with Manager and several techs. All individuals seemed very respectful and nice.
    Once interview kicked off this is where it gets interesting.
    Manager said it will be very technical and that I may only get 20% of it right [That should have been a red flag right there].
    This position was for a Windows Admin, but all questions were AIX, Linux, some Mainframe, C# programming and very very little Windows [Which is what the job was for]. WTF!!!!!!

Never had I had an interview where the goal seemed to be "Make the individual feel as stupid as possible" I really felt embarrassed on the call and when I told the we should just skip all the non Windows questions I was told we could not and that they needed to be asked. What!!!! I just told you I don't have any experience in them and you continue!!!!!

I am coming from a large insurance company, high stress and high tempo. Recently moved and needed a job but this is unacceptable.

To Top it all off the questions were being asked an fella with a very heavy foreign accent [Indian or Pakistani] and I had to keep having him repeat the questions.

Interview Questions

• In the programming language of your choice and with correct syntax tell us how to write some particular portion of code. I can't really remember what it was but I thought what a strange question for a Windows Web question.   1 Answer

Personal Lines Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T in February 2014.

Interview

Three interviews. First was a phone interview. The next two were panel interviews conducted by at least three managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you can offer to this company and/or position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate because it is an entry level position and I am not technically qualified. I was given and incredible referral by a dear friend.

Ldp Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

First interview on campus, lasted about 30-45 minutes and strictly behavioral. Interviewer extremely friendly and knowledgeable. After had to complete a test measuring personality and analytic skills. Invited to Winston-Salem for 2nd interview consisting of dinner, case question, writing assignment, and face to face interviews. Invited to 3rd interview in with group I was applying to for more personal interview which lasted about an hour. Everyone throughout process seemed to love working for BB&T and really cared about the future of the company.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BB&T (Raleigh, NC) in February 2010.

Interview

I was asked about how I would sell to a client, how I would profile their needs, a time when I had a customer that was out of control, and then I had to sell a pen to the manager.

Interview Questions

• Selling the pen to the manager was the hardest. I did pretty well, but I was very nervous.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BB&T in September 2014.

Interview

Several Initial emails before the actual interview including information on courses taken in undergrad and transcripts as well. Interview was with two BB&T attorneys and the VP for the program.

Interview Questions

• On a scale between deliberation and action where do you stand and why?   Answer Question

Market Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Winchester, VA).

Interview

got contacted by a recruiter, did phone interview, came in for face to face interview, then at second interview I was offered the job. got urine test at Labcorp immediately following the interview. also had to submit to fingerprints for FBI investigation. had to get SAFE registered since all ML's are also Lenders.

Interview Questions

• the person who interviewed me talked about values, vision, culture--it was a huge education about the company. the interviewer was the Regional Executive and was very professional, but made me feel very comfortable and I opened up and shared my true experiences. He wanted to know about my experience with small business, lending, and Leadership. it's hard to fake it, and speak on experiences that you don't have. it will come through loud and clear because most of the Leaders and Employees at BB&T are Extremely focused on Small Business and Lending. You'll get trained in lending, but you should have a strong business acumen as it relates to Small Business products/services/business meetings   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated some terms of my offer, but the offer was more than fair. they pay commensurate with Experience.
    Note: BB&T no longer administers Drug test (when I was hired they did, however). There is a Background check (be honest).

Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

They recruited on campus, doing a basic interview asking personality and technical questions. I was called the next day to be invited to a superday in their Richmond office. The superday consisted of 9 rounds of interviews, moving from room to room, each room had a prepared financial topic. The enviorment is very tense and it is a male dominated field. They are heavy on the technicals

Interview Questions

• They asked us to fill out an income and balance sheet, going line by line and calculating some ratios and then provide a high level over view of the company?   Answer Question
    • How would value a company? Walk me through a DCF.   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question