BB&T Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2015

2.7

On Call Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BB&T (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. I was interviewed by a senior teller and the manager at that branch. I called HR a day after I submitted my application. The person at HR said they appreciated someone who took the initiative to reach out and follow up with the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Silver Spring, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied on the internet. I was e-mailed online assessment and completed that. I was then contacted by a recruiting officer on the phone after few days and then I was told I will be called again. I received another call to schedule interview with the branch manager and then I went. Had a one to one face to face interview with the manager and the teller supervisor. Was called the next day that I got the job.

Client Server Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Wilson, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

First part of the interview process is a screening done by a recruiter. My resume was then forwarded to the hiring manager for review. I received a call about a week later to schedule a formal interview with the hiring manager. After the initial interview with the manager, I was then interviewed by each team member, which at the time was four. Einterviews were more of a get to know me type interview to see if I would be a good fit. After the interviews, the hiring manager tool me around to meet the employees of the entire facility.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They make an initial offer via phone call from HR. Once agreed, an appointment is scheduled to go in and sign the offer letter.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in January 2015.

Interview

Simple interview, the process took about three weeks. Applied online then received a link to do a Vision Simulation. I then had a phone screening and interview. I was under the impression that I would get the job and this was just a formality. In person interview had a banker and the store manager. Both made the interview more a conversational than interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Name a time you had an irate customer.
      Cash handling experience.
      Asked many specific questions about my former job.

1 Answer

BB&T Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BB&T (Orlando, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got an email asking to complete the teller assessment, very easy- just make sure you actually have time to do it and that your paying attention, I passed it and got a call the next day to schedule an interview. My interview was with two of the managers than I got a call a few hours later from HR rep to schedule a spanish assesment with another company, once that is completed I was told I had to wait a day for it to be sent over. Waiting on their response now and will update. :)

LDP Interview

Interview

Had a first round interview on campus. It was very basic behavioral questions and some why BB&T type questions. About a week later I was contacted to take a few personality tests. After that I was flown out to their headquarters in Winston Salem where I had one day of interviews. There was small written portion followed by two behavioral interviews. They are really trying to find fit more than anything.

Interview Questions

• What are the three most pressing regulatory issues the bank is facing?   Answer Question

Processing Services Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Wilson, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by HR on Thursday to interview with the department manager on Friday. Two hours after my interview, I was called by HR with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some interview questions you prepared for that I didn't ask you?   Answer Question

Benefits Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interviews with about two to three people (one was more informational); personality assessment online; and then got a call about a week later for an in-person interview, which I went to (about 3 people); took about a month on the whole

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was on grounds and it was strictly behavioral with two questions about the financial industry and one about the company specifically. The day before the interview I was sent a link to complete some personality assessments and those were long and really asked you personal things and interests. I was very honest and was invited to the second round a little more than a week later. The second round takes place in Winston-Salem and they will most likely work with you to arrange travel transportation and reimbursement. This interview process was composed of an introduction of what BB&T is and its culture, followed by a round of behavioral interviews and a written case assignment that you then explain to a second interviewer. It is not hard, but you have to know enough of the company so you can apply their strategy and mindset into the response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were on a leadership position that required a lot of work and attention to detail and how did you managed to succeed?   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about 2-4 weeks. First, an on campus interview with mostly behavior questions. Second interview was at corporate in NC. Went into more details. Third interview revolves around a case and a meeting with managers.