BB&T Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.7

Banking Branch Manager III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in January 2015.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks, applied online and got a phone call from the HR the very next day asking pretty much everything on my resume. A couple of days later got phone called again to set up a second interview with the hiring manager of the branch; the interview took about an hour and it went really smooth, very nice interviewer paying attention and writing notes all the time. I was told to wait for one last call next week to know whether I as hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one situation in your job when your integrity was involved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not really a negotiation, just asked me what my expectations were and a couple of days later the sent me the job offer with a fixed salary

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in January 2015.

Interview

Simple interview, the process took about three weeks. Applied online then received a link to do a Vision Simulation. I then had a phone screening and interview. I was under the impression that I would get the job and this was just a formality. In person interview had a banker and the store manager. Both made the interview more a conversational than interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Name a time you had an irate customer. Cash handling experience. Asked many specific questions about my former job.   1 Answer

BBIII Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

quick and easy. They were very kind and welcoming. The hiring manager was nice and ask a few questions to get to know who I was. Did not sound like a question to question interview, he deepened the conversation from what I was saying. It was just a great conversation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

I was contacted for a short phone interview by the department supervisor and then scheduled for a face to face interview. I was informed three times during the interview that the supervisor was very concerned that I would be bored in that position (i.e. you are over qualified). I was told that regardless of whether I was hired or not I would receive a call in 2-4 weeks informing me of my hire/non-hire status. That was in November. I'm still waiting for that call.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, they need to work on the questions they ask people. These were very basic and lame. Be original!   Answer Question

Branch Banker Interview

Interview

Started with a basic phone interview to gauge interest and inquire about work history. About two weeks later I met with the hiring manager for a face to face interview. It was a fairly relaxed interview mostly oriented toward whether or not I would be comfortable in a sales and service role. There were no "gotcha" questions or anything like that. However, I'm sure it's different from manager to manager.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you experienced a difficult customer, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Private Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

In face interview with 3 associate members. Behavioral questions. Advisors talked about their personal experiences within the field and then spoke of the challenges of being younger and advancing within the company. You will have to start off in a very small role and work your way up from there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Had a great in person interview with branch manager and teller supervisor. The interview was fun of energy and positivity. I left there feeling confident and received a call the next day with a job offer. Standard interview questions with several options to ask questions. Left there feeling informed.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult time you had at work where you were able to work through it with poise and elegance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as is, however I'm sure you could negotiate reasonably.

LDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Winston-Salem, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

One on campus interview with HR specialist. They fly you out to Winston-Salem. You have 2 interviews back to back with random departments within BB&T. You have a very simple case to do and explain during 1 of these 2 interviews. You also have a paper writing assignment to do... (silly and very informal way of doing a writing sample with no guidance). They also try to sell you the position because BB&T pays less than industry average and try to say how they are so different and offer 500 stock options that aren't worth much. And they claim about their exceptional health benefits.. Fishy people.

BSO Interview

Interview

Great, flew to ws and met with tons of ppl, i dont reallly want to write anymore, i have nothing else to say, thats all i have to say about that

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview was arranged through the campus recruitment program; On campus interview; Simple interview process; One rep from specific group with one from HR; All fit questions and nothing technical; Be prepared with you own questions for them