BB&T

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.7

Credit Analyst Interview

First, there is a phone Interview that covers basic resume and career goal questions, and then a face-to-face interview on site that involves 2-3 personal interviews with existing managers. Interview on site has several behavioral questions asked (Name a time when you handled a difficult situation, what differentiates BB&T from other banks, what are your values, etc.) with a follow up about your career goals.

Interview Questions
    • What differentiates BB&T from other banks?   View Answer

Commercial Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Filled out an application online on the BB&T website. About 3 weeks to a month later I received a call from HR to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went well, recruiter was really nice, standard interview quetions. 3 days later I received a called to schedule a face to face interview on site in Greensboro with 3 team members. It was a lengthy interview, about 2 hours. Then I had another seperate interview to meet with the Assistant Vice President in Raleigh. The next day i received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected: how many basketballs do you think can fit in this room?   View Answer

BB&T is a great company and I think working with my interviewers would have been positive, it's just that I changed my mind about moving so far away from home and received an offer somewhere else.

Branch Banker III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in August 2014.

Applied online, got a call from HR Rep within a few days for an initial phone interview. Didn't hear back for almost a week so I called the particular branch to follow up. After that they set me up with a face to face the very next day. That went well with typical interview questions, heard back the next day to set up a final round interview with the manager on the phone. Again, this went well with questions about experience and background as well as personal goals. Got a call the following day from the original HR Rep with an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate as this is my first job out of college with no prior banking experience.

Senior Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BB&T.

Received a call for phone interview and after that was successful the branch manager gave me a call to set up a face to face interview some questions include what do you think a "team player is' and "name a time in which you had to deal with an irrate client, what did you do or say that changed their mood or experience into a positive one" after that was successful i was made an offer i accepted and they gave me a start date

Collector I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T.

You are brought in to a panel of three people after you pass the phone interview. Standard behavioral interview process. They will ask you what you have done in situations, much like every employer.

Nothing to negotiate

Relationship Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in July 2014.

The process went pretty smoothly. I had an initial interview with Branch Manager, then second interview with SSL and Branch Manager. It was also required that I take a very lengthy online assessment before completing the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall a really unexpected or difficult question. All pertained to the job and basic interview questions such as: tell me about yourself, role-play phrased questions, tell me about a difficult situation you had to overcome at your previous job.   Answer Question
    I accepted the offer given, I felt it was a fair and generous offer considering my education and experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T.

Was called early in the morning. Did not understand the English spoken by the reviewer. two minute telephone interview. Could not interpret the questions offered. Caller immediately sent a denial to my e-mal account.

Web Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BB&T in June 2014.

Initial communication was good, received a call right away. Phone interview scheduled with Manager and several techs. All individuals seemed very respectful and nice.
    Once interview kicked off this is where it gets interesting.
    Manager said it will be very technical and that I may only get 20% of it right [That should have been a red flag right there].
    This position was for a Windows Admin, but all questions were AIX, Linux, some Mainframe, C# programming and very very little Windows [Which is what the job was for]. WTF!!!!!!

Never had I had an interview where the goal seemed to be "Make the individual feel as stupid as possible" I really felt embarrassed on the call and when I told the we should just skip all the non Windows questions I was told we could not and that they needed to be asked. What!!!! I just told you I don't have any experience in them and you continue!!!!!

I am coming from a large insurance company, high stress and high tempo. Recently moved and needed a job but this is unacceptable.

To Top it all off the questions were being asked an fella with a very heavy foreign accent [Indian or Pakistani] and I had to keep having him repeat the questions.

Interview Questions
    • In the programming language of your choice and with correct syntax tell us how to write some particular portion of code. I can't really remember what it was but I thought what a strange question for a Windows Web question.   View Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T.

I had three interviews. The first was with HR, the next two were with the Branch Managers. The Branch Managers decide if they want you on their team based on your answers.

Interview Questions
    You tell them what you want to make and if it not much in their eyes, they will give you exactly that, not much is said after that. So start high and let them try to bring it down.

Software/Analyst/Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BB&T.

It was ridiculous process and pathetic interviewers who did not have any clue what they were asking. Everything you can find mostly of the internet !

Summarize -- TWO WORDS: RIDICULOUSLY PATHETIC