BB&T Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.7

Branch Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

I went through a phone interview and then three other in person interviews with various branch managers and a senior manager. I have seen a few other employees being interviewed and usually starts with a phone interview and then an in person interview. Some of the questions are scripted and typical job interview questions. The branch manager is able to ask a few of their own questions.

Interview Questions

• some of the questions asked were just to test to see how you would react to a complex question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I used glass door to find out what the average salary was for my area. My offer was above average so I accepted.

Market Leader III, Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the HR Rep about a week later. Once I went through the phone interview I was told if the hiring manager selected me for a face to face I would be called back. Got a call back the next day to interview a week later face to face. After face to face got an additional call that the hiring manager would like to meet with me again, accepted and was offered the job the following day.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Interview was pretty easy. Had second interview and got offer the next day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was what I asked for during phone interview

Market Leader Interview

Interview

Straight forward interview process with first going through HR. You will have only 1 interview with area manager and decisions are made quickly. Hiring managers need applicants to hit "Value boxes" to be hired. Read up on BB&T culture and value to spit out a few lines. Little flexibility in offers due to BB&T's low pay scale

Teller Part Time Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied and did not receive a call for an interview till about 5 weeks after. I actually didn't think I would be interviewed at that point. I had an interview with the branch manager. She also said she had a branch banker position coming open and if I was interested so I then applied for that as well. I received a call about a week and half after and I was offered the branch banker position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was upset.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I accepted offer.

Relationship Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online then about 3-4 weeks later received a phone call from HR rep who asked general questions about work experience and why I wanted to work at BB&T. I was then moved on to the next level to speak with someone similar to a Regional Manager. I was made aware that day that I had moved on to the next level to interview with Branch Manger at location I may be working at. That's whats next. Hopefully after interview I will get offer

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program - Legal Track Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BB&T in September 2014.

Interview

Several Initial emails before the actual interview including information on courses taken in undergrad and transcripts as well. Interview was with two BB&T attorneys and the VP for the program.

Interview Questions

• On a scale between deliberation and action where do you stand and why?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

First, there is a phone Interview that covers basic resume and career goal questions, and then a face-to-face interview on site that involves 2-3 personal interviews with existing managers. Interview on site has several behavioral questions asked (Name a time when you handled a difficult situation, what differentiates BB&T from other banks, what are your values, etc.) with a follow up about your career goals.

Interview Questions

• What differentiates BB&T from other banks?   1 Answer

Commercial Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Filled out an application online on the BB&T website. About 3 weeks to a month later I received a call from HR to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went well, recruiter was really nice, standard interview quetions. 3 days later I received a called to schedule a face to face interview on site in Greensboro with 3 team members. It was a lengthy interview, about 2 hours. Then I had another seperate interview to meet with the Assistant Vice President in Raleigh. The next day i received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected: how many basketballs do you think can fit in this room?   1 Answer

BB&T is a great company and I think working with my interviewers would have been positive, it's just that I changed my mind about moving so far away from home and received an offer somewhere else.

Branch Banker III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from HR Rep within a few days for an initial phone interview. Didn't hear back for almost a week so I called the particular branch to follow up. After that they set me up with a face to face the very next day. That went well with typical interview questions, heard back the next day to set up a final round interview with the manager on the phone. Again, this went well with questions about experience and background as well as personal goals. Got a call the following day from the original HR Rep with an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate as this is my first job out of college with no prior banking experience.

Senior Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Received a call for phone interview and after that was successful the branch manager gave me a call to set up a face to face interview some questions include what do you think a "team player is' and "name a time in which you had to deal with an irrate client, what did you do or say that changed their mood or experience into a positive one" after that was successful i was made an offer i accepted and they gave me a start date