BB&T

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.7

Ldp Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BB&T.

First interview on campus, lasted about 30-45 minutes and strictly behavioral. Interviewer extremely friendly and knowledgeable. After had to complete a test measuring personality and analytic skills. Invited to Winston-Salem for 2nd interview consisting of dinner, case question, writing assignment, and face to face interviews. Invited to 3rd interview in with group I was applying to for more personal interview which lasted about an hour. Everyone throughout process seemed to love working for BB&T and really cared about the future of the company.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BB&T.

Applied through my recruitment website at college. The interview was 45 minutes long and was strictly behavioral questions. The recruiter was friendly and very genuine. The culture of the company seemed like a great place to work for, and the training program in NC is fantastic.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were faced with a leadership task and how you handled it   Answer Question

Relationship Banker I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Went in to career fair and was picked for the interview process. Very laidback and low pressure.

Interview Questions
    There was a phone call and email sent out and they would not negotiate, agreed to offer more in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Could put you through many rounds of interviews. There are a lot of situational questions that are specific to the job and no way to prepare for. Be well rounded.

Interview Questions
    • I was presented a specific situation and asked how I would handle it.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Applied online, was contacted next day by HR rep and was basically an informal phone screening. Was contacted day after that for an in person interview later that week. Basic interview questions, nothing surprising or out of the ordinary. HR rep was very helpful. Was contacted a few weeks later with an offer.

Business Service Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T.

Lengthy process. Unclear expectations for position.

LDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

I applied through campus recruiting. Had one on campus interview and then a final round interview in Winston-Salem. They gave us a nice dinner and one night in a hotel in Downtown Winston on Friday and then had three rounds of interviews on Saturday.

Interview Questions
    • They gave one business case regarding an acquisition and how they would implement that into their current business model as well as communicating with their customers. You were allowed 30 minutes to read the case, think about it, and write whatever you needed to down. Then they allowed you to speak one on one with an interviewer explaining your thought process.

Also gave a role play interview seeing how you would handle a customer

View Answers (2)

Better offers elsewhere and didn't want to live in Winston-Salem for 8 months and then be moved somewhere else

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T.

Easy Interview. Passed with flying colors.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a client that was upset, how would you deal with him?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Interview process was short and sweet. Was asked about my experience in banking and customer service. Was given scenarios at which I gave succinct answers to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in March 2014.

Interview was with Market Leader (manager). He was very laid back, had a set of questions suppose to ask but preferred a more casual conversation approach.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when a client is unwilling to give you any information to help resolve an issue.   View Answer
    I negotiated a salary increase just under 4%