BB&T

213 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Teller Interview

Part Time Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online, Bout a week or two a recruiter called me and I missed the call and had to call him back he gave me a interview right then. He decided to pass me to the next interview. The teller supervisor called me later that day, interviewed with the teller supervisor and branch manager aced the interview, was called back later the next week to come in. Was offered the job had to do a background check and was offered the job.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult, mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Relationship Banker I Interview

Relationship Banker I

Interviewed at BB&T

Interview Details – Hiring process is not too bad. Two preliminary interviews and then final interview. Went to several different places to interview before I was hired.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen?   Answer Question

Senior Teller Interview

Senior Teller

I applied online - interviewed at BB&T in January 2014.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me first and then had one interview with the Branch Manager/Market Leader and the Teller Supervisor (who I'd be reporting to). Was contacted again for a second interview to offer me the job. Background checking took more than a week for me since my references/experience were all outside the US.

Interview Question – If a co-worker asked you to do something that's against the rules, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Satisfied with the initial offer considering I had no experience in being a teller and they hired me as a Senior Teller right away.

Certified Senior Teller Interview

Certified Senior Teller

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – After completing the online application and test, I was contacted in 2 weeks time. The interview went well, they use two interviewers. Once you are hired, you have to get fingerprinted and drug tested. Next there are two weeks of online and behind the line teller training.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered an hourly salary that was a dollar over what I was currently making and I accepted.

Sales and Services Officer Interview

Sales and Services Officer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BB&T in November 2012.

Interview Details – The onsite interview is heavily based on fit. Very little in the way of technical questions, more about how you present yourself and your previous experiences. The HR reps were phenomenal and one of the best recruiters I've worked with, I really felt like she was advocating my candidacy internally.

Interview Question – None that I can remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiations, salary offer came in pretty generously and I was satisfied I was being compensated fairly. Negotiated on the signing bonus and vacatin.

Relationship Banker Interview

Relationship Banker
Sunrise, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at BB&T in February 2014.

Interview Details – I went to an open house at BB&T. The open house was in a conference room. I signed in and waited for my turn to be interviewed. I interviewed with a branch manager. He wasn't very interested in my background. He was more interested in my answers to his questions. One question the branch manager used was "How did you deal with an angry customer?"

Interview Question – I've never worked in a retail bank. So I was not prepared to "put on my magic hat" and role play as a Relationship Banker.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker II Interview

Relationship Banker II
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Lengthy. I went through about five of interviews. Starting with a phone interview with the regional recruiter, two face to face interviews with branch managers, another face to face with the assistant regional manager, and one final face to face with another branch manager. This was during a time when new branches were being opened, and they had multiple positions to fill.

Interview Question – One branch manager asked me to sell her a highlighter in a role play.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little room for negotiation.

Relationship Banker I Interview

Relationship Banker I
Port Orange, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BB&T in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from a HR recruiter the next day. A brief phone interview, she sounded excited to push me forward. Set an in-person interview with a market leader the next day. She went over my sales experience and past banking experience. She seemed quite interested in my resume. About two weeks went buy after being told I would receive a call with a week in regards to the position. Then I realized that my MBA at Cornell university in Financial management, BBA in Business management, excellent work history both for companies and myself did not matter. I missed the one important qualification.... I'm not white and being a well rounded well educated young black man I apparently am not capable of working for this company. Called three times and left three detailed messages. It takes only 2 minutes to tell me that I don't have the position. I would not mind anything if they just told me that they are racist and want to hold black people back. I would not have applied, but their website says they thrive on diversity.

If your a young black man DO NOT APPLY HERE!!! They will only interview you just to say that they interview minorities. Matter of fact if you are of any other ethnicity than White DO NOT APPLY HERE!!!! THEY WON'T EVEN GIVE PROPER RODERIC OF CALLING YOU BACK TO SAY THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED.

I hope this helps someone out in not wasting their time and to apply somewhere else that will care only about their qualifications.

Every Class I took, every professor reminded us of how diversity will only encourage development and continued growth of a company.

Interview Question – All the question where pretty easy   Answer Question

LDP Interview

LDP

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Interview was mostly behavioral questions. Not too difficult. Good opportunity to get to know BB&T as an employer.

Interview Question – I was asked a question about how ethics shaped my decision. As a college student with no experience at the time I had little to go off.   Answer Question

Roving Teller Interview

Roving Teller
Fayetteville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T in April 2011.

Interview Details – Completed online application, including proficiency exam at counting money. From there was asked to come in for an interview with my first line supervisor. Was told that after my background check I would be offered the position. The background check took longer than I expected and was the only part of the process that I would have improved.

Interview Question – Was asked to explain a time when I was able to solve a problem without being prompted by my supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, I was given an offer letter and I accepted.