BB&T Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Goldsboro, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

The process went pretty smoothly. I had an initial interview with Branch Manager, then second interview with SSL and Branch Manager. It was also required that I take a very lengthy online assessment before completing the interviews.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall a really unexpected or difficult question. All pertained to the job and basic interview questions such as: tell me about yourself, role-play phrased questions, tell me about a difficult situation you had to overcome at your previous job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the offer given, I felt it was a fair and generous offer considering my education and experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T (Florence, SC).

Interview

Was called early in the morning. Did not understand the English spoken by the reviewer. two minute telephone interview. Could not interpret the questions offered. Caller immediately sent a denial to my e-mal account.

Web Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BB&T (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was good, received a call right away. Phone interview scheduled with Manager and several techs. All individuals seemed very respectful and nice.
    Once interview kicked off this is where it gets interesting.
    Manager said it will be very technical and that I may only get 20% of it right [That should have been a red flag right there].
    This position was for a Windows Admin, but all questions were AIX, Linux, some Mainframe, C# programming and very very little Windows [Which is what the job was for]. WTF!!!!!!

Never had I had an interview where the goal seemed to be "Make the individual feel as stupid as possible" I really felt embarrassed on the call and when I told the we should just skip all the non Windows questions I was told we could not and that they needed to be asked. What!!!! I just told you I don't have any experience in them and you continue!!!!!

I am coming from a large insurance company, high stress and high tempo. Recently moved and needed a job but this is unacceptable.

To Top it all off the questions were being asked an fella with a very heavy foreign accent [Indian or Pakistani] and I had to keep having him repeat the questions.

Interview Questions

• In the programming language of your choice and with correct syntax tell us how to write some particular portion of code. I can't really remember what it was but I thought what a strange question for a Windows Web question.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BB&T in June 2014.

Interview

It was a pretty typical interview general what would you do in this and that situation. The hard part is the training. Staring at a computer screen for 8 hours can be very discouraging at times and you won't see the teller line until the second week of training. You only get to train in a drawer for two days

Interview Questions

• If you where stranded on a island what three things would you bring   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T (Morgantown, WV).

Interview

I had three interviews. The first was with HR, the next two were with the Branch Managers. The Branch Managers decide if they want you on their team based on your answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You tell them what you want to make and if it not much in their eyes, they will give you exactly that, not much is said after that. So start high and let them try to bring it down.

Software/Analyst/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

It was ridiculous process and pathetic interviewers who did not have any clue what they were asking. Everything you can find mostly of the internet !

Summarize -- TWO WORDS: RIDICULOUSLY PATHETIC

Negotiation

horrible

Ldp Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

First interview on campus, lasted about 30-45 minutes and strictly behavioral. Interviewer extremely friendly and knowledgeable. After had to complete a test measuring personality and analytic skills. Invited to Winston-Salem for 2nd interview consisting of dinner, case question, writing assignment, and face to face interviews. Invited to 3rd interview in with group I was applying to for more personal interview which lasted about an hour. Everyone throughout process seemed to love working for BB&T and really cared about the future of the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Applied through my recruitment website at college. The interview was 45 minutes long and was strictly behavioral questions. The recruiter was friendly and very genuine. The culture of the company seemed like a great place to work for, and the training program in NC is fantastic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with a leadership task and how you handled it   Answer Question

Relationship Banker I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Went in to career fair and was picked for the interview process. Very laidback and low pressure.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a phone call and email sent out and they would not negotiate, agreed to offer more in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

Could put you through many rounds of interviews. There are a lot of situational questions that are specific to the job and no way to prepare for. Be well rounded.

Interview Questions

• I was presented a specific situation and asked how I would handle it.   Answer Question