BB&T

212 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Hired through a temp agency and process was long. Interview was very relaxed.

Interview Question – Didn't have any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Very Easy Interview

FM Data Manager Interview

FM Data Manager
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T in July 2013.

Interview Details – First of all, I did not apply for this position. One day I received a call from BB&T recruiter and he told me that they have positions available matching my profile. After typical questions like Why BB&T, Tell me about yourself etc. He offered me 4 positions and asked me to opt for 1. So that he could arrange the next round with the hiring manager. 3 days back, I received a call from a hiring manager. That was Round 2, she asked questions related to my resume and workex. There were also questions on technical capabilities but nothing to worry.
At the end she told me that I was interviwed for 5th position and that was " FM data manager". After that call she asked me to come for onsite.

for the onsite I had 6 rounds, 30 mints each. Nothing too technical and everything was easy.

Round 1: With some Analytics guy. He mentioned about the problems that they are facing and asked me to give suggestions. Everything was related to analytics, ANOVA, Optimal bining and Predictive models.

Round 2: with a FINANCE guy, he did not know anything about SAS/Analytics and he told me that they will be giving some task that needs to be handled by me. It was general data cleaning and data gathering requirements.
Then he ased , We have 1 column Salary from 50,000 to 70,000 Per year. I have to create three bands of HIGH/MEDIUM/LOW. High should be assigned to salary above 70,000. MEDIUM should be for 50,000-70,000 and Low for salary below 50,000.
It was easy and I did that in SAS + SQL and EXCEL. then he asked me to do that without useing any IF/ELSE/CASE etc. I was not able to think about any other way. But he was insisting me to do handle that with using any CODING.

Round 3: lady from Finance department. She mentioned that even she did not know anything about SAS/CODING. So she asked me questions related to my resume. and them she introduced the company culture.

Round4: with Director. Asked general HR question, DOJ and other Simple stuff.

Round 5: Guy from some random department. He asked me if I know C/C++/VB. and then normal HR questions like favorite hobby, Describe yourself etc.He was confused why he was there, to take my interview.

Round 6: Hiring Manager. She told that this position will have to handle only SAS coding, no ANALYTICS. pure base SAS coding but I was more interested into ANALYTICS so I have decided that they are going to be at the end of my list. and then general HR questions.

Interview Question – 1) Nothing was technical or diffcult   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Leadership Development Program
Blacksburg, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my college campus, and had a short one on one behavioral interview. It was pretty straight forward with a lot of "tell me about a time" questions. The best advice I can give is to be confident. I was then asked to take a thorough personality test. Still currently in the process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teller Part Time Interview

Teller Part Time

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Applied, took online vision assessment. Received a call about a week later, set up an interview. Interviewed with two employees. Waited another three/four days and had a call for a follow up interview. Then they called with the offer.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. Just general interview questions.   Answer Question

IT Tech Interview

IT Tech
Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T in May 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process from an HR perspective was excellent. BB&T has a great system for applying and working through the details such as background check, drug screen and benefits info. However the actual interview was a disaster. All of the warning signs were there for me to decline the offer but I didn't. No one that interviewed me had English as their first language. I thought it was a very strange interview as I felt that the interviewers were just going through the motions. As I later learned, they were just trying to get me on-board as quickly as possible. No one internally would even consider applying for the position due to the stress level, lack of qualified leadership and inordinate amount of overtime. I really regret accepting the position.

Interview Question – The most difficult question involved me going to the white board and describing the current application architecture of my current employer at the time. This was another ignored red flag as they made me feel stupid when I was trying to answer. I was being badgered as I answered. This as I have come to find out is their standard operating method during meetings and discussions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I negotiated for the salary that I expected. Now, with all of the overtime and weekend work I should have asked for a whole lot more.

Proof Operator Interview

Proof Operator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – The process took about a month. I applied online and took a couple skills test. I then had a comprehensvie interview.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions that were too difficult. Just basic questions you would expect in an interview.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – After my application I recieved an email asking me to take a teller test. I took it and got a call later that day setting up a phone interview. After the phone interview was completed I got a call from a local branch manager, went to that interview and got a call later that day for a second interview, I went in and was offered the job!

Interview Question – They asked about scenarios, my experience, certain policies. They ask about difficult situations at previous jobs, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, the offer was 2x what I made at my last job.

Web Engineer Interview

Web Engineer
Wilson, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BB&T in June 2009.

Interview Details – I initially was brought in as a contractor and since they needed the position filled quickly all I did was a phone interview with the manager of the Web Engineering group and a technical phone interview with a few of the engineers. Of course I had to send the recruiter a resume and interview with them on the phone as well. I was hired within a week of the time the recruiter contacted me about the position until I was offered and accepted the position.

Interview Question – Why are manhole covers are round? (Give 3 reasons)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a very lucrative hourly rate that I did no hesitate to accept. After working as I contractor for 1 1/2 years I was convinced to sign on as a full time employee.

Relationship Teller Interview

Relationship Teller
Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in July 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call for a phone interview which went very well. The recruiter then scheduled me for an interview at the branch with the manager and I was pleased with the smoothness of the process. The branch did not seem very welcoming as no one even acknowledged my presence until I asked for the manager. The manager started off the interview by stating that he was not going to follow the normal interview process and he "just wanted it to be like a conversation" with me. I thought that was different, but it did seem to make the situation more relaxed. He assured me that the conversation went well and he would be finishing the process within 1 week and I would be hearing from him then. I sent a thank you letter the next day, and after not hearing from him AT ALL for almost 2 weeks I sent a follow up email asking if I was still being considered as I had another offer coming. 5 WEEKS LATER I get a computer-generated email from the BB&T site stating that they were not able to hire me. How inconsiderate. I can handle a rejection- it is completely unprofessional to totally ignore a potential employee. All he had to do was have the respect to take two seconds and respond to my email or call and say "Hey sorry we went with someone else." But apparently that was too difficult.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you saw a coworker doing something against policy, and what you did about it.   View Answer

BB&T Leadership Development Program Interview

BB&T Leadership Development Program

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BB&T in September 2013.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone call with a recruiter, followed by a formal phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked to complete an online personality/IQ test. I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – What caused the 2008 financial crisis?
What does leadership mean to you?
  Answer Question