BB&T Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.7

Certified Senior Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

After completing the online application and test, I was contacted in 2 weeks time. The interview went well, they use two interviewers. Once you are hired, you have to get fingerprinted and drug tested. Next there are two weeks of online and behind the line teller training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered an hourly salary that was a dollar over what I was currently making and I accepted.

Relationship Banker II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Lengthy. I went through about five of interviews. Starting with a phone interview with the regional recruiter, two face to face interviews with branch managers, another face to face with the assistant regional manager, and one final face to face with another branch manager. This was during a time when new branches were being opened, and they had multiple positions to fill.

Interview Questions

• One branch manager asked me to sell her a highlighter in a role play.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little room for negotiation.

Personal Lines Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T in February 2014.

Interview

Three interviews. First was a phone interview. The next two were panel interviews conducted by at least three managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you can offer to this company and/or position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate because it is an entry level position and I am not technically qualified. I was given and incredible referral by a dear friend.

Ldp Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in February 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position through OCR, on-campus recruiting. I interviewed for the position in February. The interview was 1 on 1, and lasted for approximately 40 minutes. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral-style interview questions, and then asked me if I had any questions or concerns about the position and the interview process. A few weeks after the initial interview, I was invited to take personality assessment, Caliper Profile. I am currently waiting to hear back regarding 2nd round prospects. The recruitment/hiring process is a fairly smooth and streamlined one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to deal with conflict as a member of a team. How did you resolve the matter?   Answer Question

Relationship Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in February 2014.

Interview

I played phone tag with the recruiter, finally I just went into the branch about 3 weeks ago and spoke to the branch manager who interviewed me. She invided me to attend the job fair they were having the following week and I met with the regional manager. As of yet I have not heard back from anyone.

Peak Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BB&T (Conover, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Submitted online application. Received call from hiring recruiter the next day. 10-15 minute phone interview. Was told I would receive a call for an interview from local branch teller supervisor. Received the call 2 days later. Went in for the interview the following Monday. Interview was with teller supervisor and branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Routine questions. How would you handle a situation where a co-worker asked you to do something against the rules.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at BB&T (Sunrise, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

I went to an open house at BB&T. The open house was in a conference room. I signed in and waited for my turn to be interviewed. I interviewed with a branch manager. He wasn't very interested in my background. He was more interested in my answers to his questions. One question the branch manager used was "How did you deal with an angry customer?"

Interview Questions

• I've never worked in a retail bank. So I was not prepared to "put on my magic hat" and role play as a Relationship Banker.   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Interview was mostly behavioral questions. Not too difficult. Good opportunity to get to know BB&T as an employer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about how ethics shaped my decision. As a college student with no experience at the time I had little to go off.   Answer Question

Senior Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T in January 2014.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me first and then had one interview with the Branch Manager/Market Leader and the Teller Supervisor (who I'd be reporting to). Was contacted again for a second interview to offer me the job. Background checking took more than a week for me since my references/experience were all outside the US.

Interview Questions

• If a co-worker asked you to do something that's against the rules, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Satisfied with the initial offer considering I had no experience in being a teller and they hired me as a Senior Teller right away.

Relationship Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BB&T (Port Orange, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a HR recruiter the next day. A brief phone interview, she sounded excited to push me forward. Set an in-person interview with a market leader the next day. She went over my sales experience and past banking experience. She seemed quite interested in my resume. About two weeks went buy after being told I would receive a call with a week in regards to the position. Then I realized that my MBA at Cornell university in Financial management, BBA in Business management, excellent work history both for companies and myself did not matter. I missed the one important qualification.... I'm not white and being a well rounded well educated young black man I apparently am not capable of working for this company. Called three times and left three detailed messages. It takes only 2 minutes to tell me that I don't have the position. I would not mind anything if they just told me that they are racist and want to hold black people back. I would not have applied, but their website says they thrive on diversity.

If your a young black man DO NOT APPLY HERE!!! They will only interview you just to say that they interview minorities. Matter of fact if you are of any other ethnicity than White DO NOT APPLY HERE!!!! THEY WON'T EVEN GIVE PROPER RODERIC OF CALLING YOU BACK TO SAY THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED.

I hope this helps someone out in not wasting their time and to apply somewhere else that will care only about their qualifications.

Every Class I took, every professor reminded us of how diversity will only encourage development and continued growth of a company.