BB&T

BB&T LDP Associate Interview Questions

3.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Ldp Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BB&T.

First interview on campus, lasted about 30-45 minutes and strictly behavioral. Interviewer extremely friendly and knowledgeable. After had to complete a test measuring personality and analytic skills. Invited to Winston-Salem for 2nd interview consisting of dinner, case question, writing assignment, and face to face interviews. Invited to 3rd interview in with group I was applying to for more personal interview which lasted about an hour. Everyone throughout process seemed to love working for BB&T and really cared about the future of the company.

Other Interview Reviews for BB&T

Ldp Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in February 2014.

Applied for the position through OCR, on-campus recruiting. I interviewed for the position in February. The interview was 1 on 1, and lasted for approximately 40 minutes. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral-style interview questions, and then asked me if I had any questions or concerns about the position and the interview process. A few weeks after the initial interview, I was invited to take personality assessment, Caliper Profile. I am currently waiting to hear back regarding 2nd round prospects. The recruitment/hiring process is a fairly smooth and streamlined one.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you had to deal with conflict as a member of a team. How did you resolve the matter?   Answer Question

Ldp Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BB&T.

Met at a campus career fair, then scheduled an on-campus interview in October, this interview consisted of behavioral questions and some about the banking industry (ethics, cause of financial crisis), next I was asked to send in transcripts. I sent in several copies and never heard anything, I eventually was emailed in late December asking for transcripts again. I then received the email to take the personality assessment. Heard nothing. The next career fair happened in January, met with them again and was told my file was on their desk and she would email me about final rounds coming up soon. Have heard nothing, I have been extremely disappointed in their organization and getting back to people, extremely rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T in August 2012.

Got a first round interview and they asked many behavioral questions, Interview went well laid back and easy. Waited about a week and I received an email asking me to complete a caliper assessment (which is basically a personality assessment). About a week or so after the assessment I got a call in which they informed me I am no longer a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Asked many behavioral questions, then asked about the financial crisis, no problem. Last question was about ethics in banking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BB&T in February 2012.

Behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What lead to the recession in 2008?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the proper information.   Answer Question

Ldp Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

The first interview consisted of an on-campus one-on-one with a recruiter. The questions revolved around teamwork and leadership. There were general questions about the banking industry and recent events ("What contributed to the mortgage crisis of 2008?"). It was relatively low-key and structured. A week or two later I was invited to take an online Caliper assessment (a good 45 mins to an hour).

Another week or two later I was invited to a two-day interview in Winston-Salem, NC. They flew the recruits in and put us up in a hotel. You had to pay for the flight up front, but are reimbursed three weeks after the event. There were about 40-60 people interviewing for the program, ranging from undergrads to MBAs, and a variety of backgrounds (mainly finance and accounting, but some liberal arts).

The first night we had an introduction to the program, a tour of the facilities, and a dinner/networking event.

The second day consisted of four rounds of interviews. First, a 10-min roleplay (you have to convince a customer to stay with the bank) and behavioral interview, a writing exercise ("What are the two strategic initiatives BB&T should focus on for next year?"), a case study, and finally another behavioral interview. It is a long day, but is manageable.

I heard back within a week with the decision.

Interview Questions
    • What contributed to the mortgage crisis of 2008?   Answer Question
    • What should BB&T's strategic vision be for next year?   Answer Question
    • Previous leadership experience & situational questions about how you would act in a situation.
      Previous group work experience & situational questions.

Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate salary, but I had some previous banking experience. It was a solid offer, but there are way more perks than just base salary. You do have to sign a muli-year commitment and be willing to relocate, however.

Ldp Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BB&T in October 2012.

Applied on campus and was called in for an on campus interview. First interview consisted of basica behavioral questions and question about the housing crisis of 2008.

A week later I got notification to complete a personality test and skills test. The questions were pretty typical but don't try and beat the system by answering what you think they want to hear.

Next round is in NC. I'm still waiting to hear back to see if I've advanced.

Interview Questions
    • What caused the housing market crash of 2008?
      What do you think BB&T should do to improve the company?

Answer Question
    Still waiting to hear back..

Ldp Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in April 2012.

Got an interview through my College. It was a basic 1:1 behavioral interview. Then, they sent me an email with a link to complete the personality test. After, they invited me to go to their HQ in Winston-Salem. There were 30-40other candidates. On first day they just went over their corporate culture and descriptions of positions available, and took you to dinner. The next morning, they had you do a case, a writing sample, 2 behavioral interviews and a role play exercise.

Ldp Associate Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T in September 2011.

The first interview was a 1 on 1 campus interview. It was pretty straight forward in terms of a first round interview and they don't make too much eye contact because they take detailed notes on you. If you progress through that phase, you take a long caliper test to see if you are a good fit. From there, they will fly you down to Winston-Salem for a "super day" type interview. They wine and dine you and teach you about the company and the first day. On day two you do a role play, writing sample, case study and interview. Its mostly behavioral and as long as you are very friendly and personable, you have a good shot.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to someone who wants to close their account?   Answer Question

Ldp Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at BB&T in March 2011.

Had first round of interviews on campus and then invited to take an assessment online. Three months later contacted for a second round of interviews at their head quarters in Winston Salem. The people were very friendly, very family oriented company culture, they value commitment to the the company and its philosophy. Got the offer but could not accept.

Interview Questions
    • Role play portion: you were a bank manager who had to convince an angry customer to keep their business with the bank.   Answer Question