BB&T

Updated Feb 21, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T in February 2015.

Applied online and received a call to come in for an interview. Interviewed with a BB&T employee who had gone through the LDP a few years ago. Interview lasted about an hour and a half and was pretty straightforward and behavioral.

I am still waiting to hear if I made it to the next round.

Interview Questions
  • How have you been successful in influencing others?
    Why do you want to work in financial services?
    What qualities are important to you in a leader and give an example of when you have displayed these qualities.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BB&T

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in November 2014.

One on campus interview with HR specialist. They fly you out to Winston-Salem. You have 2 interviews back to back with random departments within BB&T. You have a very simple case to do and explain during 1 of these 2 interviews. You also have a paper writing assignment to do... (silly and very informal way of doing a writing sample with no guidance). They also try to sell you the position because BB&T pays less than industry average and try to say how they are so different and offer 500 stock options that aren't worth much. And they claim about their exceptional health benefits.. Fishy people.

LDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

I applied through campus recruiting. Had one on campus interview and then a final round interview in Winston-Salem. They gave us a nice dinner and one night in a hotel in Downtown Winston on Friday and then had three rounds of interviews on Saturday.

Interview Questions
    • They gave one business case regarding an acquisition and how they would implement that into their current business model as well as communicating with their customers. You were allowed 30 minutes to read the case, think about it, and write whatever you needed to down. Then they allowed you to speak one on one with an interviewer explaining your thought process.

Also gave a role play interview seeing how you would handle a customer

View Answers (2)

Better offers elsewhere and didn't want to live in Winston-Salem for 8 months and then be moved somewhere else

LDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview was mostly behavioral questions. Not too difficult. Good opportunity to get to know BB&T as an employer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a question about how ethics shaped my decision. As a college student with no experience at the time I had little to go off.   Answer Question

LDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BB&T.

Quick phone-interview

LDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BB&T.

Applied for the LDP through my university and got an on campus interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and mainly consisted of behavior questions/leadership questions. Some of the questions were, describe your leadership ability, tell me about a time you failed, and what are some ethical problems in banking.

LDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BB&T in February 2012.

One 30 minute initial interview on campus. Followed by doing a personality test and a superday where you have a couple of interviews and a case study. If you are on a specialty track you may have one more phone interview after the superday. Big focus on culture and "fit", nothing too technical. Great employer.

Interview Questions
    • If you come from a finance background, there are not any hard questions. The key is to be genuine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BB&T in October 2011.

The HR has a list of question that she is going to ask you. Basically behavior questions. There are also some questions specifically about your CV. HR is very nice. Questions include why do you want to work for financial industries, What do you think are the reasons that cause the economic crisis and what are the reasons you think we should hire you instead of other candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What are the factors that cause the financial crisis?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation you have to make a decision without enough information   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T in February 2011.

After initial campus interview in Oct, was asked to take Kaplar test. Didn't hear anything until late December. Was invited to Feb super day, dinner at country club, multiple interviews the next day. Consisted of behavioral questions, role playing, writing and a case presentation. Have not heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • I am a customer who would like to take my account to another bank. Convince me to stay at BB&T   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T in December 2010.

August 2010-First interview with a local BB&T LDP graduate. Run of the mill Behavioral interview. Took about 30-45 minutes.
    October 2010-Received an email saying that I had advanced and they wanted me to take the kaplar test. Which was essentially a personality/IQ test
    In November I was invited to attend a two day interview in Winston Salem which would be held in December. This consisted of a dinner/social at a club. The the next day was about 4 hours of interviews. Another behavioral interview/persuasion, a writing exercise, role play, and a few other odd end things.

Interview Questions
    • Role Play-They act like a customer who wants to leave and take their business elsewhere, Not too hard but they come back with punches and unexpected answers/questions.   View Answer
    almost none. With the economy and there being a certain amount of positions, your negotiation abilities are limited.