BB&T

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

LDP

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting. Had one on campus interview and then a final round interview in Winston-Salem. They gave us a nice dinner and one night in a hotel in Downtown Winston on Friday and then had three rounds of interviews on Saturday.

Interview Question – They gave one business case regarding an acquisition and how they would implement that into their current business model as well as communicating with their customers. You were allowed 30 minutes to read the case, think about it, and write whatever you needed to down. Then they allowed you to speak one on one with an interviewer explaining your thought process.

Also gave a role play interview seeing how you would handle a customer
  View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Better offers elsewhere and didn't want to live in Winston-Salem for 8 months and then be moved somewhere else

LDP

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Interview was mostly behavioral questions. Not too difficult. Good opportunity to get to know BB&T as an employer.

Interview Question – I was asked a question about how ethics shaped my decision. As a college student with no experience at the time I had little to go off.   Answer Question

LDP Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Quick phone-interview

Interview Question – Who is to blame for the 2008 financial crisis   Answer Question

LDP

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Applied for the LDP through my university and got an on campus interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and mainly consisted of behavior questions/leadership questions. Some of the questions were, describe your leadership ability, tell me about a time you failed, and what are some ethical problems in banking.

Interview Question – What caused the 2008 banking crisis   View Answer

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BB&T in October 2011.

Interview Details – The HR has a list of question that she is going to ask you. Basically behavior questions. There are also some questions specifically about your CV. HR is very nice. Questions include why do you want to work for financial industries, What do you think are the reasons that cause the economic crisis and what are the reasons you think we should hire you instead of other candidate.

Interview Questions

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at BB&T in February 2011.

Interview Details – After initial campus interview in Oct, was asked to take Kaplar test. Didn't hear anything until late December. Was invited to Feb super day, dinner at country club, multiple interviews the next day. Consisted of behavioral questions, role playing, writing and a case presentation. Have not heard anything.

Interview Question – I am a customer who would like to take my account to another bank. Convince me to stay at BB&T   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 3 months - interviewed at BB&T in December 2010.

Interview Details – August 2010-First interview with a local BB&T LDP graduate. Run of the mill Behavioral interview. Took about 30-45 minutes.
October 2010-Received an email saying that I had advanced and they wanted me to take the kaplar test. Which was essentially a personality/IQ test
In November I was invited to attend a two day interview in Winston Salem which would be held in December. This consisted of a dinner/social at a club. The the next day was about 4 hours of interviews. Another behavioral interview/persuasion, a writing exercise, role play, and a few other odd end things.

Interview Question – Role Play-They act like a customer who wants to leave and take their business elsewhere, Not too hard but they come back with punches and unexpected answers/questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – almost none. With the economy and there being a certain amount of positions, your negotiation abilities are limited.

LDP

Interview Details – One-on-one interview during national job fair. Very friendly interviewer. Mostly behavioral-based questions though they did ask me what I thought to be the cause of the 2008 financial crisis. Also had to take the Caliper test. I received an email about 2.5 weeks later saying I had not been chosen for the program (which I thought was helpful - its better than never hearing anything!). Good program but may be a better opportunity for undergrads (70% undergrads, 30% MBAs). Good luck!

Interview Question – What led to the financial crisis in 2008?   Answer Question

LDP

The process took a day - interviewed at BB&T in February 2011.

Interview Details – The woman who interviewed me was extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable. She had a packet of behavioral questions she asked. She apologized for not being able to look at me, because she had to write down word for word my responses to the questions. About 4 weeks after the interview, I had to take an online personality test which took about an hour. A couple weeks after completing that, I got an e-mail saying I am not considered for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

LDP

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in February 2011.

Interview Details – The people were disorganized and didn't know who they're suppose to interview so they were late in interviewing me. The lady didn't even introduce herself and were not friendly. SO i waited and finally they gave me a form to fill out and then finally interviewed me. They asked usual behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed to persuade someone and what you think you should had done.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BB&T

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BB&T LDP interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by BB&T employees and interview candidates.