BB&T

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leadership Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Applied through my recruitment website at college. The interview was 45 minutes long and was strictly behavioral questions. The recruiter was friendly and very genuine. The culture of the company seemed like a great place to work for, and the training program in NC is fantastic.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were faced with a leadership task and how you handled it   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Applied on-campus, heard back with-in a week for an on-campus interview

Interview Question – Laid back interview with mostly behavioral questions, was asked to next round but declined because of other opporttunities.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my campus recruiting site. The first round was on campus. It was a very straightforward behavioral interview. Was invited for final rounds in Winston-Salem. There was an essay, behavioral interview, and case. They really dig in to make sure you'll be a good fit at the company.

Interview Question – What was your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Blacksburg, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my college campus, and had a short one on one behavioral interview. It was pretty straight forward with a lot of "tell me about a time" questions. The best advice I can give is to be confident. I was then asked to take a thorough personality test. Still currently in the process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BB&T in October 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus. They asked a lot of behavioral questions. It wasn't a hard interview so just be yourself.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at BB&T in March 2012.

Interview Details – Two-day interview process. Started with a broad explanation about the program on day one. The second day consisted in three interviews. Beginning with a persuasion exercise in the first interview. Then an essay exercise, and finally an interview designed to find how suitable the individual is to the job. In general, I can say that BB&T is driven by its values and mission, being that with what the candidate must be in total harmony to be considered. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you made somebody change his or her opinion about something? and how?   Answer Question
  • How would you convince somebody to not terminate his or her relationship with our bank?   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at BB&T in February 2012.

Interview Details – First round interview was all behavioral. Pretty basic question: What caused the recession, who's at fault for the housing collapse.

Took caliper assessment online as next step.

Then was invited to Winston-Salem for two day process. On second day had behavioral interview, case study, persuasion interview, and a written assessment. None of the questions were bad, case study was on buying a new regional bank. Written was why banks are important.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Not from the south and did not want to move there for that long

Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had worked for the company as a teller for 3 summers and was invited to interview for the LDP after dropping my resume at a career fair. The interview took place at a local office and consisted of a set of predetermined questions. The interviewer was not a graduate of the LDP program, not an HR worker. The interview took 30 minutes. I was contacted at the end of the next month saying that I was not considered for the final round.

Interview Question – What caused the financial crisis of 2008?   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at BB&T in October 2011.

Interview Details – There were a few behavioral interview questions and the standard going over the resume. Why are you the best candidate for this program? What was the cause of the financial crisis? Those were two you should expect to answer. Overall, it felt pretty laid back. If you have prepared for behavioral interview questions, there shouldn't be any surprises.

Interview Question – What do you believe was the biggest cause of the financial crisis?   View Answer

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BB&T in March 2011.

Interview Details – There was an initial 1 on 1 interview that was held at my university. The impression I got was that they want to get a feel for your value set.

Next, they bring you in for a day of interviews at their HQ in Winston Salem. The night before the interviews they wine and dine you. On the day of the interview, you basically go through a behavioral interview, a written scenario assignment, and a case preparation and presentation. The case is really easy. There are so many directions you can go with it that I wouldn't bother stressing about it: you'll think of something intelligent to say. The written part is similarly easy. The behavioral interview is tricky. You want to study up on BB&T's core values and be able to incorporate them in your answers. Overall it is not a tough day of interviews, but if you are not a fit for the southern, conservative culture (I wasn't) then you probably don't have a good shot at the job (or want it, for that matter).

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were honest.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BB&T

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BB&T Leadership Development Program interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by BB&T employees and interview candidates.