BB&T

BB&T Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

2.9

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BB&T.

Applied through my recruitment website at college. The interview was 45 minutes long and was strictly behavioral questions. The recruiter was friendly and very genuine. The culture of the company seemed like a great place to work for, and the training program in NC is fantastic.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you were faced with a leadership task and how you handled it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BB&T

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Applied on-campus, heard back with-in a week for an on-campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Laid back interview with mostly behavioral questions, was asked to next round but declined because of other opporttunities.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in November 2013.

I applied through my campus recruiting site. The first round was on campus. It was a very straightforward behavioral interview. Was invited for final rounds in Winston-Salem. There was an essay, behavioral interview, and case. They really dig in to make sure you'll be a good fit at the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in October 2013.

I applied through my college campus, and had a short one on one behavioral interview. It was pretty straight forward with a lot of "tell me about a time" questions. The best advice I can give is to be confident. I was then asked to take a thorough personality test. Still currently in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BB&T in October 2012.

I interviewed on campus. They asked a lot of behavioral questions. It wasn't a hard interview so just be yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BB&T in March 2012.

Two-day interview process. Started with a broad explanation about the program on day one. The second day consisted in three interviews. Beginning with a persuasion exercise in the first interview. Then an essay exercise, and finally an interview designed to find how suitable the individual is to the job. In general, I can say that BB&T is driven by its values and mission, being that with what the candidate must be in total harmony to be considered. Great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Have you made somebody change his or her opinion about something? and how?   Answer Question
    • How would you convince somebody to not terminate his or her relationship with our bank?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T in February 2012.

First round interview was all behavioral. Pretty basic question: What caused the recession, who's at fault for the housing collapse.

Took caliper assessment online as next step.

Then was invited to Winston-Salem for two day process. On second day had behavioral interview, case study, persuasion interview, and a written assessment. None of the questions were bad, case study was on buying a new regional bank. Written was why banks are important.

Interview Questions

Not from the south and did not want to move there for that long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at BB&T in October 2011.

There were a few behavioral interview questions and the standard going over the resume. Why are you the best candidate for this program? What was the cause of the financial crisis? Those were two you should expect to answer. Overall, it felt pretty laid back. If you have prepared for behavioral interview questions, there shouldn't be any surprises.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe was the biggest cause of the financial crisis?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in October 2011.

I had worked for the company as a teller for 3 summers and was invited to interview for the LDP after dropping my resume at a career fair. The interview took place at a local office and consisted of a set of predetermined questions. The interviewer was not a graduate of the LDP program, not an HR worker. The interview took 30 minutes. I was contacted at the end of the next month saying that I was not considered for the final round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BB&T in March 2011.

There was an initial 1 on 1 interview that was held at my university. The impression I got was that they want to get a feel for your value set.

Next, they bring you in for a day of interviews at their HQ in Winston Salem. The night before the interviews they wine and dine you. On the day of the interview, you basically go through a behavioral interview, a written scenario assignment, and a case preparation and presentation. The case is really easy. There are so many directions you can go with it that I wouldn't bother stressing about it: you'll think of something intelligent to say. The written part is similarly easy. The behavioral interview is tricky. You want to study up on BB&T's core values and be able to incorporate them in your answers. Overall it is not a tough day of interviews, but if you are not a fit for the southern, conservative culture (I wasn't) then you probably don't have a good shot at the job (or want it, for that matter).