BB&T

BB&T Relationship Banker Interview Questions

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T.

Easy Interview. Passed with flying colors.

Interview Questions
  • If you had a client that was upset, how would you deal with him?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BB&T

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at BB&T in February 2014.

I went to an open house at BB&T. The open house was in a conference room. I signed in and waited for my turn to be interviewed. I interviewed with a branch manager. He wasn't very interested in my background. He was more interested in my answers to his questions. One question the branch manager used was "How did you deal with an angry customer?"

Interview Questions
    • I've never worked in a retail bank. So I was not prepared to "put on my magic hat" and role play as a Relationship Banker.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview process went smoothly. Short phone interview with the Recruiter. Panel interview with market leaders. "Informal" interview with Branch Manager

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected - Tell me about your managers in the past. What do you think makes a manager good or bad.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in August 2013.

The hiring and interview process went very smoothly. The time from my first interview to date of hire was only 1 week. Everyone I met with was exceptional. Easy to talk to and they all made me feel comfortable immediately. Very informative. I liked that they were upfront and honest about the challenges of this position. I had two interviews. A lot of tell me about a time phrased questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were asked to bend or break company rules. What was the situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was given a fair and generous offer.

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in July 2013.

I applied online and heard back within a couple weeks. I had a phone interview followed by an in person interview at the branch. The questions were straightforward and focused on customer service. The interview was very short--about fifteen minutes. The interviewer followed a written list of questions and didn't have many follow up questions. They let me know via email that I wasn't offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • A customer who is new in town comes to the bank and wants to open a checking account. What would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Behavioral interview focused on client interactions and customer service. Asked about history of company and 3-5-10 yr goals. Discussed further training and next steps. Did not go into sales experience or conduct a role-play; these are both things that I engage in as a hiring manager now.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to break the rules to make a client happy.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

I interviewed with two branch managers (FCL) first. Next it was with the Sales and Service leader (DM) after taking an online evaluation. It was pretty straight forward. Many branch positions have a preselected candidate that is going to be hired after interviews are conducted. It would benefit candidates to try and network with the manager with the actual opening, so you can stand out in a crowd.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard stuff. Nothing I hadn't heard dozens of times before.   View Answer
    I was given an offer based on my experience and was told by my future boss that it was pretty much a take it or leave it offer.

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BB&T.

To me, it was a pretty normal, structured interview. Of course there was the regular questions like "where would you like to be in five years", but other than that nothing abnormal. Years of interviewing at other financial institutions prepared me well for this interview. All I had to do was tell them what they wanted to hear.

Interview Questions
    • Do you work well with women? That is all we have at this branch.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Basic resume walkthrough. As with any sales oriented position, the interview is less about your experience and more about how you carry yourself in conversation.

Interview Questions
    • What was/would be your best practice for obtaining new clients and maintaining the relationship?   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BB&T in February 2013.

I did the application online. I was contacted by a recruiter within a week. She set up and interview with the branch manager. The manager was very nice and she asked the typical questions. How do you deal with angry customers? Do you have any sales experience?

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. Pretty straight forward for the position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, salary offered was hire than expected.