BB&T Relationship Banker Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BB&T in February 2010.

I was asked about how I would sell to a client, how I would profile their needs, a time when I had a customer that was out of control, and then I had to sell a pen to the manager.

Interview Questions
  • Selling the pen to the manager was the hardest. I did pretty well, but I was very nervous.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BB&T

Relationship Banker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in July 2013.

I applied online and heard back within a couple weeks. I had a phone interview followed by an in person interview at the branch. The questions were straightforward and focused on customer service. The interview was very short--about fifteen minutes. The interviewer followed a written list of questions and didn't have many follow up questions. They let me know via email that I wasn't offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • A customer who is new in town comes to the bank and wants to open a checking account. What would you do?   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at BB&T.

Easy Interview. Passed with flying colors.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a client that was upset, how would you deal with him?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at BB&T in February 2014.

I went to an open house at BB&T. The open house was in a conference room. I signed in and waited for my turn to be interviewed. I interviewed with a branch manager. He wasn't very interested in my background. He was more interested in my answers to his questions. One question the branch manager used was "How did you deal with an angry customer?"

Interview Questions
    • I've never worked in a retail bank. So I was not prepared to "put on my magic hat" and role play as a Relationship Banker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BB&T in December 2011.

Very pleasant experience. Phone interview with recruiter and than interview with direct manager and regional manager. Process is quick and easy

Interview Questions
    • I did not feel that there were any difficult or trick questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Salary was as expected and benefits are great.

Relationship Banker Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview process went smoothly. Short phone interview with the Recruiter. Panel interview with market leaders. "Informal" interview with Branch Manager

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected - Tell me about your managers in the past. What do you think makes a manager good or bad.   View Answer

Relationship Banker Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BB&T in January 2013.

Went in for an interview with the branch manager, was offered a position within hours. Still waiting on background check, but all looks good.

Easy, sent a counteroffer and it was accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in August 2013.

The hiring and interview process went very smoothly. The time from my first interview to date of hire was only 1 week. Everyone I met with was exceptional. Easy to talk to and they all made me feel comfortable immediately. Very informative. I liked that they were upfront and honest about the challenges of this position. I had two interviews. A lot of tell me about a time phrased questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were asked to bend or break company rules. What was the situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was given a fair and generous offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Behavioral interview focused on client interactions and customer service. Asked about history of company and 3-5-10 yr goals. Discussed further training and next steps. Did not go into sales experience or conduct a role-play; these are both things that I engage in as a hiring manager now.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to break the rules to make a client happy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in January 2013.

Good position to start your banking career and the company is very solid. You have to like meeting with people and enjoy identifying their financial needs. Good potential if you are motivated

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset prospect?   Answer Question

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!