BB&T Relationship Teller Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Relationship Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in February 2014.

I played phone tag with the recruiter, finally I just went into the branch about 3 weeks ago and spoke to the branch manager who interviewed me. She invided me to attend the job fair they were having the following week and I met with the regional manager. As of yet I have not heard back from anyone.

Other Interview Reviews for BB&T

Relationship Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Just have all you're ducks lined up make sure you have a wow story and that your business background is up to par.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the table that none of the other candidates can?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Spoke with Recruiter twice by phone interviews before in person interview with District Manager. Offer was given within 48 hours of meeting with District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • They dive deep into sales processes that make you successful and how to handle objections. They also go into values and doing the right thing to make sure you align with their ethical guidelines   Answer Question
    Was able to increase my base salary offer by $3,000 by one call to the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in July 2013.

I received a call for a phone interview which went very well. The recruiter then scheduled me for an interview at the branch with the manager and I was pleased with the smoothness of the process. The branch did not seem very welcoming as no one even acknowledged my presence until I asked for the manager. The manager started off the interview by stating that he was not going to follow the normal interview process and he "just wanted it to be like a conversation" with me. I thought that was different, but it did seem to make the situation more relaxed. He assured me that the conversation went well and he would be finishing the process within 1 week and I would be hearing from him then. I sent a thank you letter the next day, and after not hearing from him AT ALL for almost 2 weeks I sent a follow up email asking if I was still being considered as I had another offer coming. 5 WEEKS LATER I get a computer-generated email from the BB&T site stating that they were not able to hire me. How inconsiderate. I can handle a rejection- it is completely unprofessional to totally ignore a potential employee. All he had to do was have the respect to take two seconds and respond to my email or call and say "Hey sorry we went with someone else." But apparently that was too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you saw a coworker doing something against policy, and what you did about it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in May 2012.

About two weeks after filling out the application, I was called for the interview. It was a very tough interview. While the man was very pleasant, I could tell it would be extremely difficult to impress him. I didn't think the interview went horribly but I also didn't leave with the feeling that I was likely to get the job. Sure enough, a week later, I got the rejection letter. This position was a bit more involved than a regular teller and I really think they were looking for someone with banking experience even though they don't say that in the job posting

Interview Questions

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!