BB&T Teller Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Dora, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (Mount Dora, FL).

Interview

Interview was easy like talking to a friend. Manager was very friendly. Made some incorrect assumptions at first interview which needed to be corrected later on in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult situation you encountered with another co-worker? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BB&T

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was fine. Not too hard. Typical interview questions. It took way too long for them to come to a decision. It does not take 8 weeks to hire someone. I am very disappointed in the speed of this process, especially since I was told I would have an answer within a couple of weeks. My recruiter never answers her phone and neither does the teller supervisor or the branch manager. If you wanted to say that I didn't get the job, don't make up excuses like you are interviewing more people or that the substitute recruiter is overwhelmed. The professional way would to just say "We have found someone else that has met our credentials". This is horrible interview etiquette , I am very disappointed and will not be applying for them in the future.

Anonymous Employee in West Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BB&T (West Columbia, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief (10 min) phone interview with territory hr manager. 30+ minute in person interview with head of tellers at branch and hr person. A teller proficiency online test is required prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What work experience have you gotten that involves selling or could relate to the customer service role of a teller? Q: How does your skill set relate to being a teller? Q: Why do you want to work for BB&T?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T (Greenville, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying to the position I received an email asking me to take a practice teller test which was a simulation where I had to decided how to respond to clients. A week later I received a call asking for an interview where I was asked basic questions with the manager and head teller. Afterwords they told me they would call within a few days.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a deserted island what 3 things would you bring?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T in January 2015.

Interview

Simple interview, the process took about three weeks. Applied online then received a link to do a Vision Simulation. I then had a phone screening and interview. I was under the impression that I would get the job and this was just a formality. In person interview had a banker and the store manager. Both made the interview more a conversational than interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Name a time you had an irate customer. Cash handling experience. Asked many specific questions about my former job.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BB&T in June 2014.

Interview

It was a pretty typical interview general what would you do in this and that situation. The hard part is the training. Staring at a computer screen for 8 hours can be very discouraging at times and you won't see the teller line until the second week of training. You only get to train in a drawer for two days

Interview Questions

• If you where stranded on a island what three things would you bring   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T (Morgantown, WV).

Interview

I had three interviews. The first was with HR, the next two were with the Branch Managers. The Branch Managers decide if they want you on their team based on your answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You tell them what you want to make and if it not much in their eyes, they will give you exactly that, not much is said after that. So start high and let them try to bring it down.

Teller Interview

Interview

Applied online, was contacted next day by HR rep and was basically an informal phone screening. Was contacted day after that for an in person interview later that week. Basic interview questions, nothing surprising or out of the ordinary. HR rep was very helpful. Was contacted a few weeks later with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BB&T (Lumberton, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

took the teller test and passed. sent in my application, resume and cover letter. the interview was quick and easy. be honest and be yourself there is no way you can't get it then.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?, what are your short term and long term goals?, and what are your best qualities/   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I went through two different panel interviews. The majority of the interview were behavioral questions. I submitted my application online and heard a response about two weeks later to attend my first round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question what would you do during your downtime at work?   Answer Question