BB&T

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at BB&T

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted next day by HR rep and was basically an informal phone screening. Was contacted day after that for an in person interview later that week. Basic interview questions, nothing surprising or out of the ordinary. HR rep was very helpful. Was contacted a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Question – describe a time when you handled an irate customer   Answer Question

Teller

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in April 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted application online and got a call from hiring manager about 2 weeks later. Set up an interview for the next day at branch. Was called back one week later and told they wanted to do an additional interview but it was really an offer for the job.

Interview Question – Describing specific work experiences in the past, role playing.   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, called to check on application status, recruiter asked me like 3 questions about why I was a good candidate, then I had the interview with the manager & she asked if I knew anything about the company, what I was looking for, & about past positions I held.

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – The interview process was easy. I went through two different panel interviews. The majority of the interview were behavioral questions. I submitted my application online and heard a response about two weeks later to attend my first round of interviews.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question what would you do during your downtime at work?   Answer Question

College Park, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in November 2013.

Interview Details – Online Assessment test, Phone interview, Panel Interview.

Interview Question – What's the Difference between a team and a group? Also, I was told to sell a pen.   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – After my application I recieved an email asking me to take a teller test. I took it and got a call later that day setting up a phone interview. After the phone interview was completed I got a call from a local branch manager, went to that interview and got a call later that day for a second interview, I went in and was offered the job!

Interview Question – They asked about scenarios, my experience, certain policies. They ask about difficult situations at previous jobs, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, the offer was 2x what I made at my last job.

Teller

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Interview process was easy. Started with a phone interview followed by interviews with branch manager and regional manager. Questions were typical, no assessments to actually take. Interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to. Drug test, fingerprint test, and background test required.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, very typical questioning.   Answer Question

Fayetteville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BB&T in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on line after what seemed to be the 1000th time with just basic customer service experience, got called for interview, called next day for offer, and started one week later.

Interview Question – No difficult questions everything is in Star format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate based on my CS experience I was offered more than some tellers that were already working there.

Manassas, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BB&T in December 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty simple, one on one interview and general questions. Go to the interview, look sharp, and be knowledgable. You will get the job.

Interview Question – Tell me your strengths   Answer Question

Sterling, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BB&T in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process was quick. I did a phone interview and then interviewed with the branch manager. About 1 hour after the interview I got a call from the BB&T recruiter offering me the job. The interview went quickly, she asked basic interview questions and also asked me to describe a time that I received really great customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Easy, I asked for 14 an hour, she said that they usually start at 13 for part time but they could do 14 for me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at BB&T

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BB&T Teller interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by BB&T employees and interview candidates.