BB&T Teller Part Time Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had to take the teller test online. Interviewing was a two round process. I was called on a Friday around 5pm to set up a phone interview about a month after submitting an application online. The phone interview was a standard review of the resume. After the interview was over, the interviewer said she would email me if the branch lead wanted to interview me in person.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BB&T

Teller Part Time Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Hi guys! Well I'm not an employee yet (hopefully though). Well to start I submitted an application online this past Sunday. I received an email to complete the teller assessment (which was EXTREMELY easy) this past Tuesday. Now I'm just playing the waiting game (which I'm not good at lol). Hopefully I get a call or email soon saying I moved on to the next part of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied and did not receive a call for an interview till about 5 weeks after. I actually didn't think I would be interviewed at that point. I had an interview with the branch manager. She also said she had a branch banker position coming open and if I was interested so I then applied for that as well. I received a call about a week and half after and I was offered the branch banker position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was upset.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I accepted offer.

Part Time Teller Interview

Interview

Interview process was short and sweet. Was asked about my experience in banking and customer service. Was given scenarios at which I gave succinct answers to.

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Filled out an application online, Bout a week or two a recruiter called me and I missed the call and had to call him back he gave me a interview right then. He decided to pass me to the next interview. The teller supervisor called me later that day, interviewed with the teller supervisor and branch manager aced the interview, was called back later the next week to come in. Was offered the job had to do a background check and was offered the job.

Teller Part Time Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T.

Interview

Applied, took online vision assessment. Received a call about a week later, set up an interview. Interviewed with two employees. Waited another three/four days and had a call for a follow up interview. Then they called with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. Just general interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Rather long hiring process: computer assessment, phone interview, then interview with branch manager and teller supervisor (if you don't get offered at one branch, they will send you to another that is hiring)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BB&T (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Actually attended a BB&T Job Fair Event (Hiring in South FL Region). Interiwed with a Branch Manager - interview lasted about an hour. After interview I was contacted about taking a online Teller Assesement Test called Teller Vision. After completed the Assesment I was offered the job. Had to then do a drug and fingerprint background check. Entire process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• None were diffiucult. Just make sure you talk about your sales and customer service experience. Any experience dealing with money. Also shocase that you are honest and have strong ethics and morals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just actually got a phoe call informing me the the job was $14hr with Benefits. Will avaerage at 25 hours working a week.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T (Atlanta, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

I left feeling I had aced the interview. I was told I would hear the next week, if I was hired or not.
    Three weeks later I received a no thank you e-mail

Teller Part Time Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in September 2011.

Interview

After applying, you're sent an email to complete an online assessment. You have to complete computer generated transactions and answer customer questions. It took about an hour to complete. A week later I was called to schedule an interview. The manager was clearly just trying to show he was interviewing people. When I spoke with him on the phone, I told him I was looking for something temporary because I'm looking at going to grad school. I asked him if I should still interview and he said yes. Then at the interview said he wants someone to work there for the next 10 years. He was full of himself and clearly had no problem wasting his time or mine. He said they'd call by the end of the week to let me know either way, but I didn't receive an email until 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to give exceptional customer service?   Answer Question