BB&T

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at BB&T

Interview Details – Interview process was short and sweet. Was asked about my experience in banking and customer service. Was given scenarios at which I gave succinct answers to.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questioning for bank teller positions   Answer Question

Part Time Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online, Bout a week or two a recruiter called me and I missed the call and had to call him back he gave me a interview right then. He decided to pass me to the next interview. The teller supervisor called me later that day, interviewed with the teller supervisor and branch manager aced the interview, was called back later the next week to come in. Was offered the job had to do a background check and was offered the job.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult, mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Teller Part Time

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Applied, took online vision assessment. Received a call about a week later, set up an interview. Interviewed with two employees. Waited another three/four days and had a call for a follow up interview. Then they called with the offer.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. Just general interview questions.   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T.

Interview Details – Rather long hiring process: computer assessment, phone interview, then interview with branch manager and teller supervisor (if you don't get offered at one branch, they will send you to another that is hiring)

Interview Question – None. Standard situation-based interview questions   Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BB&T in November 2012.

Interview Details – Actually attended a BB&T Job Fair Event (Hiring in South FL Region). Interiwed with a Branch Manager - interview lasted about an hour. After interview I was contacted about taking a online Teller Assesement Test called Teller Vision. After completed the Assesment I was offered the job. Had to then do a drug and fingerprint background check. Entire process took about a week.

Interview Question – None were diffiucult. Just make sure you talk about your sales and customer service experience. Any experience dealing with money. Also shocase that you are honest and have strong ethics and morals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just actually got a phoe call informing me the the job was $14hr with Benefits. Will avaerage at 25 hours working a week.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in November 2011.

Interview Details – I left feeling I had aced the interview. I was told I would hear the next week, if I was hired or not.
Three weeks later I received a no thank you e-mail

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question

Teller Part Time

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in September 2011.

Interview Details – After applying, you're sent an email to complete an online assessment. You have to complete computer generated transactions and answer customer questions. It took about an hour to complete. A week later I was called to schedule an interview. The manager was clearly just trying to show he was interviewing people. When I spoke with him on the phone, I told him I was looking for something temporary because I'm looking at going to grad school. I asked him if I should still interview and he said yes. Then at the interview said he wants someone to work there for the next 10 years. He was full of himself and clearly had no problem wasting his time or mine. He said they'd call by the end of the week to let me know either way, but I didn't receive an email until 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to give exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BB&T in January 2008.

Interview Details – Talked and interviewed first with an Human Resources person. Then I interviewed with a Branch Manager. Both were fairly easy interviews with questions of how I dealt with a unhappy customer at some point in my career. They asked about my background, where I had worked at my previous job. They described the training which was 4 to 4 wks and if they can see you like working with the public, there is a good chance you will get the job. When you get the job, be sure to follow all rules because if you bend them, they can let you go if they feel like it is warranted. Move as quickly and efficiently as you can thru customers transactions, remaining friendly and seeking to offer additional banking services.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a difficult customer?   View Answer
  • How do you handle a problem with a coworker? or a boss?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They expect you to negotiate some, but I really needed the health benefits so I took what was first offered, $9 per hour.

Interviews for Top Jobs at BB&T

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BB&T Teller Part Time interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by BB&T employees and interview candidates.