BB&T

Relevance Date Difficulty

Collateral Control Analyst Interview

Collateral Control Analyst
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online - interviewed at BB&T in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was a basic question and answer style. The interview was a two part interview. At the second round, you meet senior management. Then, a manager calls to extend an offer.

Interview Question – Do you have prior experience? Do you get bored easy? Are you able to sit and work independent?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

FM Data Manager Interview

FM Data Manager
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at BB&T in July 2013.

Interview Details – First of all, I did not apply for this position. One day I received a call from BB&T recruiter and he told me that they have positions available matching my profile. After typical questions like Why BB&T, Tell me about yourself etc. He offered me 4 positions and asked me to opt for 1. So that he could arrange the next round with the hiring manager. 3 days back, I received a call from a hiring manager. That was Round 2, she asked questions related to my resume and workex. There were also questions on technical capabilities but nothing to worry.
At the end she told me that I was interviwed for 5th position and that was " FM data manager". After that call she asked me to come for onsite.

for the onsite I had 6 rounds, 30 mints each. Nothing too technical and everything was easy.

Round 1: With some Analytics guy. He mentioned about the problems that they are facing and asked me to give suggestions. Everything was related to analytics, ANOVA, Optimal bining and Predictive models.

Round 2: with a FINANCE guy, he did not know anything about SAS/Analytics and he told me that they will be giving some task that needs to be handled by me. It was general data cleaning and data gathering requirements.
Then he ased , We have 1 column Salary from 50,000 to 70,000 Per year. I have to create three bands of HIGH/MEDIUM/LOW. High should be assigned to salary above 70,000. MEDIUM should be for 50,000-70,000 and Low for salary below 50,000.
It was easy and I did that in SAS + SQL and EXCEL. then he asked me to do that without useing any IF/ELSE/CASE etc. I was not able to think about any other way. But he was insisting me to do handle that with using any CODING.

Round 3: lady from Finance department. She mentioned that even she did not know anything about SAS/CODING. So she asked me questions related to my resume. and them she introduced the company culture.

Round4: with Director. Asked general HR question, DOJ and other Simple stuff.

Round 5: Guy from some random department. He asked me if I know C/C++/VB. and then normal HR questions like favorite hobby, Describe yourself etc.He was confused why he was there, to take my interview.

Round 6: Hiring Manager. She told that this position will have to handle only SAS coding, no ANALYTICS. pure base SAS coding but I was more interested into ANALYTICS so I have decided that they are going to be at the end of my list. and then general HR questions.

Interview Question – 1) Nothing was technical or diffcult   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BB&T in October 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus. They asked a lot of behavioral questions. It wasn't a hard interview so just be yourself.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed over phone by BB&T employment consultant from Asheville regarding position in specialized field where I was very well-qualified with directly relevant experience. She was 'bubbly' and tone was positive throughout interview. It was emphasized BB&T culture is risk averse, conservative and they they look for those who are a perfect "fit" for the BB&T culture - almost to the extent of being snobby about BB&T. Interviewer had been with them for 5+/- years and gave the impression they want folks who plan to retire from the position they are applying for. Interview went reasonably well and I was told I would receive a call for a follow-up interview after a week when she returned from vacation. Sent a thank-you letter to the interviewer afterwards, but never received a call, an e-mail, a letter, or any response which seemed impersonal and unprofessional. Over a month passed before receiving a canned e-mail via the automated system of their fortune to have such a highly qualified pool and so on.

Interview Question – Most questions were the typical questions: Tell me about your past experience, why did you leave, why do you want to work here, what makes you a good fit for their culture, tell me about your toughest challenge, etc.   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at BB&T in March 2012.

Interview Details – Two-day interview process. Started with a broad explanation about the program on day one. The second day consisted in three interviews. Beginning with a persuasion exercise in the first interview. Then an essay exercise, and finally an interview designed to find how suitable the individual is to the job. In general, I can say that BB&T is driven by its values and mission, being that with what the candidate must be in total harmony to be considered. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you made somebody change his or her opinion about something? and how?   Answer Question
  • How would you convince somebody to not terminate his or her relationship with our bank?   Answer Question

Ldp Associate Interview

Ldp Associate
Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at BB&T in February 2012.

Interview Details – Behavioral based interview questions.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 3 days - interviewed at BB&T in April 2011.

Interview Details – I walked into the interview, they said they wanted to cut to chase. They asked me how I prepared for this interviewed. The guy didn't really seem personally interested. Once he heard what he liked, he ended it. Offered a super day after I showed I knew how to analyze a company. Personality test as well as pattern type questions.

Interview Question – How did you prepare for this interview? What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at BB&T in February 2012.

Interview Details – First round interview was all behavioral. Pretty basic question: What caused the recession, who's at fault for the housing collapse.

Took caliper assessment online as next step.

Then was invited to Winston-Salem for two day process. On second day had behavioral interview, case study, persuasion interview, and a written assessment. None of the questions were bad, case study was on buying a new regional bank. Written was why banks are important.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Not from the south and did not want to move there for that long

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was the traditional type and I only interviewed with the hiring manager. The culture is friendly and helpful. A very business casual environment. Know the goals and objectives of the company and be tuned in to their ethical standards. Show proper respect since they are somewhat old fashioned.

Interview Question – Why do you want to live in Winston-Saelm   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BB&T in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had worked for the company as a teller for 3 summers and was invited to interview for the LDP after dropping my resume at a career fair. The interview took place at a local office and consisted of a set of predetermined questions. The interviewer was not a graduate of the LDP program, not an HR worker. The interview took 30 minutes. I was contacted at the end of the next month saying that I was not considered for the final round.

Interview Question – What caused the financial crisis of 2008?   Answer Question

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!