BB&T

2.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in November 2014.

One on campus interview with HR specialist. They fly you out to Winston-Salem. You have 2 interviews back to back with random departments within BB&T. You have a very simple case to do and explain during 1 of these 2 interviews. You also have a paper writing assignment to do... (silly and very informal way of doing a writing sample with no guidance). They also try to sell you the position because BB&T pays less than industry average and try to say how they are so different and offer 500 stock options that aren't worth much. And they claim about their exceptional health benefits.. Fishy people.

Collateral Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online – interviewed at BB&T in November 2013.

It was a basic question and answer style. The interview was a two part interview. At the second round, you meet senior management. Then, a manager calls to extend an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have prior experience? Do you get bored easy? Are you able to sit and work independent?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiation.

FM Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at BB&T in July 2013.

First of all, I did not apply for this position. One day I received a call from BB&T recruiter and he told me that they have positions available matching my profile. After typical questions like Why BB&T, Tell me about yourself etc. He offered me 4 positions and asked me to opt for 1. So that he could arrange the next round with the hiring manager. 3 days back, I received a call from a hiring manager. That was Round 2, she asked questions related to my resume and workex. There were also questions on technical capabilities but nothing to worry.
    At the end she told me that I was interviwed for 5th position and that was " FM data manager". After that call she asked me to come for onsite.

for the onsite I had 6 rounds, 30 mints each. Nothing too technical and everything was easy.

Round 1: With some Analytics guy. He mentioned about the problems that they are facing and asked me to give suggestions. Everything was related to analytics, ANOVA, Optimal bining and Predictive models.

Round 2: with a FINANCE guy, he did not know anything about SAS/Analytics and he told me that they will be giving some task that needs to be handled by me. It was general data cleaning and data gathering requirements.
    Then he ased , We have 1 column Salary from 50,000 to 70,000 Per year. I have to create three bands of HIGH/MEDIUM/LOW. High should be assigned to salary above 70,000. MEDIUM should be for 50,000-70,000 and Low for salary below 50,000.
    It was easy and I did that in SAS + SQL and EXCEL. then he asked me to do that without useing any IF/ELSE/CASE etc. I was not able to think about any other way. But he was insisting me to do handle that with using any CODING.

Round 3: lady from Finance department. She mentioned that even she did not know anything about SAS/CODING. So she asked me questions related to my resume. and them she introduced the company culture.

Round4: with Director. Asked general HR question, DOJ and other Simple stuff.

Round 5: Guy from some random department. He asked me if I know C/C++/VB. and then normal HR questions like favorite hobby, Describe yourself etc.He was confused why he was there, to take my interview.

Round 6: Hiring Manager. She told that this position will have to handle only SAS coding, no ANALYTICS. pure base SAS coding but I was more interested into ANALYTICS so I have decided that they are going to be at the end of my list. and then general HR questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BB&T in October 2012.

I interviewed on campus. They asked a lot of behavioral questions. It wasn't a hard interview so just be yourself.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in June 2012.

Interviewed over phone by BB&T employment consultant from Asheville regarding position in specialized field where I was very well-qualified with directly relevant experience. She was 'bubbly' and tone was positive throughout interview. It was emphasized BB&T culture is risk averse, conservative and they they look for those who are a perfect "fit" for the BB&T culture - almost to the extent of being snobby about BB&T. Interviewer had been with them for 5+/- years and gave the impression they want folks who plan to retire from the position they are applying for. Interview went reasonably well and I was told I would receive a call for a follow-up interview after a week when she returned from vacation. Sent a thank-you letter to the interviewer afterwards, but never received a call, an e-mail, a letter, or any response which seemed impersonal and unprofessional. Over a month passed before receiving a canned e-mail via the automated system of their fortune to have such a highly qualified pool and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were the typical questions: Tell me about your past experience, why did you leave, why do you want to work here, what makes you a good fit for their culture, tell me about your toughest challenge, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BB&T in March 2012.

Two-day interview process. Started with a broad explanation about the program on day one. The second day consisted in three interviews. Beginning with a persuasion exercise in the first interview. Then an essay exercise, and finally an interview designed to find how suitable the individual is to the job. In general, I can say that BB&T is driven by its values and mission, being that with what the candidate must be in total harmony to be considered. Great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Have you made somebody change his or her opinion about something? and how?   Answer Question
    • How would you convince somebody to not terminate his or her relationship with our bank?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BB&T in February 2012.

First round interview was all behavioral. Pretty basic question: What caused the recession, who's at fault for the housing collapse.

Took caliper assessment online as next step.

Then was invited to Winston-Salem for two day process. On second day had behavioral interview, case study, persuasion interview, and a written assessment. None of the questions were bad, case study was on buying a new regional bank. Written was why banks are important.

Interview Questions

Not from the south and did not want to move there for that long

Ldp Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BB&T in February 2012.

Behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What lead to the recession in 2008?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the proper information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at BB&T in October 2011.

There were a few behavioral interview questions and the standard going over the resume. Why are you the best candidate for this program? What was the cause of the financial crisis? Those were two you should expect to answer. Overall, it felt pretty laid back. If you have prepared for behavioral interview questions, there shouldn't be any surprises.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe was the biggest cause of the financial crisis?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BB&T in October 2011.

I had worked for the company as a teller for 3 summers and was invited to interview for the LDP after dropping my resume at a career fair. The interview took place at a local office and consisted of a set of predetermined questions. The interviewer was not a graduate of the LDP program, not an HR worker. The interview took 30 minutes. I was contacted at the end of the next month saying that I was not considered for the final round.