BBC Assistant Producer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Assistant Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BBC in May 2011.

I applied for a job at the new offices in Manchester (MediaCityUK) but was interviewed in London before the move. I got my interview by applying through the special BBC North jobs website, selecting "Content-Making" as my sphere, ticking various skills boxes and submitting my CV.

I was then required to pass an online test which took an accurately-predicted two hours - if you do this make sure you're free from any distractions and have headphones! It took a month to process before I was eligible to have my CV submitted for new jobs, so watch out for that and be prepared to chase the North Jobs team.

I didn't hear back for a while, but chased them up occasionally and kept sending updated CVs. When I was selected for interview I was asked to book a slot through the North Jobs portal, which was convenient, then had a short skills test (showing I could crop images, subedit copy etc - the job is with a website) and then met the panel - three people. They took it in turns to ask questions from a pre-formatted sheet, and seemed very polite and encouraging.

Overall it was a very positive interview experience - as it always is at the BBC.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you've worked with a difficult person/situation   View Answer
  • Describe how you'd run a project from beginning to end.   View Answer
I was able to negotiate my salary but to a very slight degree - budgets appear to be extremely tight. To be honest if you're applying to work at the BBC merely for a high wage then you're looking in the wrong place.

Worked for BBC? Contribute to the Community!