BBC

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New Delhi (India)

I interviewed at BBC in March 2013.

Interview Details – had a phone interview

Interview Question – why finance to journalism ?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BBC in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through internal system and got through interview after applying online and then went for panel interview

Interview Question – How would you react in this case- of high pressure and legal question   Answer Question

Broadcast Journalist

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BBC.

Interview Details – Interviewed through board of four people, all newsroom people. Have done a few of these. Worth having a how to deal with a difficult person answer up your sleeve. Also had to do a practical journalism test - some story ideas. Also had prepared a couple of story ideas in advance of the interview which I was asked - and am asked every time I do one of these.

Interview Question – Give us an example when ..... also the general knowledge quiz   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at BBC in July 2010.

Interview Details – This was for a Senior Management position. BBC interviews, or ' boards' as they are called are notoriously tough. Always panel interviews where they are designed to trip you up. A lot of the vacancies they have they already know who they want for the job but have to go through the process of interviewing others. So it can be a waste of time but its always worth going to them for the experience. BBC even have an in house service on how to board well.

Interview Question – Justify the existence of part x of BBC. Why do we need it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BBC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BBC Broadcast Journalist interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by BBC employees and interview candidates.