BBC Interview Questions in Salford, North West England, England

Updated Apr 22, 2015

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salford, North West England, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BBC (Salford, North West England, England (UK)).

Interview

Very disorganised. The interview was done in a room with 3 people and they asked no technical questions. I was offered the job and declined. When I declined the job, they pushed with a bigger offer. I didn't take it.

Interview Questions

They didn't seem to know what they wanted. I felt no confidence they could manage the projects.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salford, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at BBC (Salford, North West England, England (UK)).

Interview

I had applied for a different and more junior product manager job, as I wanted to get my foot in the door at BBC as it seemed like the perfect place for me to work. I was a bit offended when I never got a call back on that role as I was overqualified and I assumed I'd get a call. A month later I got an unexpected phone call from BBC HR offering me an interview for a mid level product manager role. I accepted the interview and first had a brief phone interview. Then I was invited to a one on one interview with the hiring manager of the team which would occur a week later. The interview went well, the staff were lovely and 6 days later I heard back from them with positive feedback. Then I was invited to London (for a Salford based role) to give a presentation in front of a panel of 3 people, including the hiring manager I had already met once before. The interview took place 2.5 weeks after the first in person interview. I was told that it would take 2 weeks to hear back yes or no for the position, though 4 days later I heard back that I had been offered the role. It was a slow process, but the steps were logical and the people were great.

Interview Questions

• Asking to create a full presentation about the topic the team you're applying for deals with. Fully thought out and requiring very detailed responses. Sometimes well more than you'd be expected to know to do the role. They don't go easy on you in the interviews, but don't be afraid to say you don't know (always remember to say where you would find the answer)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate the pay was a little more than I expected. Was very happy with the offer.