BBDO Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.5

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BBDO (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Calm and casual. I was expecting the interview process to be much more nerve-wracking. However, the lady who interviewed me was young and very kind. This was my first interview so I did not expect the interviewee to go that in-depth. She asked basic questions about me along with a few questions about the industry.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BBDO (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with HR at BBDO, and then with 2 account directors two weeks later. HR is essentially impossible to get in touch with, and isn't the best at following up.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite food? What's your favorite TV show? How do you find a needle in a haystack?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BBDO (New York, NY).

Interview

I add an informational interview with someone in HR. The BBDO office environment is incredible, and it would definitely be a very exciting and fun place to work. I am a senior graduating in June, so I was a little too early to apply to a particular position, but it was really helpful to see the office and get a foot in the door.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BBDO.

Interview

After being being referred by a friend, I met with HR and then had a series of interviews with people on the account I was interviewing for. It is important to have a friend to help you get your foot in the door because they receive so many applications. This is the best way to remove yourself from the clutter if you don't have much ad agency experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Interactive Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BBDO.

Interview

Relaxed, friendly, low key, but I started as freelance.

Negotiation

I started freelance. It was quick and easy.

Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BBDO (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. As interest increased, the interviewee is sent hierarchically up the rank to interview, up to VP level.
    Complete assessment of skills are conducted initially, and questions are appropriately couched.

Strategic Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BBDO in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online to a LinkedIn job listing based in Munich, Germany. I applied online and recieved and invitation to do a phone interview with two members of the department. They did not ask many questions as they had a pretty good idea of me from my CV and Cover Letter and instead immediately asked if I had questions. I had some, but I should have probably had more and better omes.

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BBDO (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

It was more of an exploratory interview. She wanted to get to know me in case something opened up at a later time.

Senior Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BBDO (Detroit, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

Initial phone call interview. Then called in for 2 interviews. Then hired. Interview was one on on and then the 2nd interview was with a group. It consisted the hiring manager, their boss, and a current employee of there who I would be working with

Interview Questions

Negotiation

simple and straight forward

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BBDO (Guaynabo, PR) in May 2010.

Interview

Very informal process during the HR contact provided me with an employment application and afterwards just asked general/generic interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, it was a take it or leave it offer.