BBDO

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BBDO in June 2014.

I had an interview with HR at BBDO, and then with 2 account directors two weeks later. HR is essentially impossible to get in touch with, and isn't the best at following up.

Interview Questions
    • What's your favorite food? What's your favorite TV show? How do you find a needle in a haystack?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BBDO.

I add an informational interview with someone in HR. The BBDO office environment is incredible, and it would definitely be a very exciting and fun place to work. I am a senior graduating in June, so I was a little too early to apply to a particular position, but it was really helpful to see the office and get a foot in the door.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BBDO.

After being being referred by a friend, I met with HR and then had a series of interviews with people on the account I was interviewing for. It is important to have a friend to help you get your foot in the door because they receive so many applications. This is the best way to remove yourself from the clutter if you don't have much ad agency experience.

No negotiation phase

Interactive Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BBDO.

Relaxed, friendly, low key, but I started as freelance.

I started freelance. It was quick and easy.

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BBDO.

The interview process was pretty straightforward. As interest increased, the interviewee is sent hierarchically up the rank to interview, up to VP level.
    Complete assessment of skills are conducted initially, and questions are appropriately couched.

Strategic Planning Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BBDO in November 2012.

I applied online to a LinkedIn job listing based in Munich, Germany. I applied online and recieved and invitation to do a phone interview with two members of the department. They did not ask many questions as they had a pretty good idea of me from my CV and Cover Letter and instead immediately asked if I had questions. I had some, but I should have probably had more and better omes.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BBDO in February 2012.

It was more of an exploratory interview. She wanted to get to know me in case something opened up at a later time.

Senior Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BBDO in March 2011.

Initial phone call interview. Then called in for 2 interviews. Then hired. Interview was one on on and then the 2nd interview was with a group. It consisted the hiring manager, their boss, and a current employee of there who I would be working with

simple and straight forward

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guaynabo, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guaynabo, PR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BBDO in May 2010.

Very informal process during the HR contact provided me with an employment application and afterwards just asked general/generic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    None, it was a take it or leave it offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BBDO in November 2013.

Ich hatte mich über LikedIn beworben. Nach 20 Tagen bekam ich eine Rückmeldung. Dann hatte ich ein relativ einfaches und entspanntes Bewerbungsgespräch mit zwei Planern. Es war eher wie eine Unterhaltung. Zu den Fragen zählten "Warum diese Firma?" und meinen Hintergrund in einer Art zu erzählen, die für die Werbebranche relevant war.

Die Fragen wurden meinem Hintergrund entsprechend geschneidert. Daher hatte ich das Gefühl, dass sie mich wirklich besser kennenlernen wollten und mich nicht nur über die Dinge ausfragen wollten, die in meinem Lebenslauf stehen.

Selbst wenn ich kein zweites Gespräch bekommen hätte, hatte ich eine tolle Unterhaltung, was wahrscheinlich eine Menge über die Kultur des Unternehmens aussagt.

Applied through LikedIn. Got back at me after about 20 days. Had a relatively easy, relaxed interview with two planners. It was more like a conversation. Questions included "Why this company?" and explaining my background in a way that was relevant to advertising.
    Questions were tailored according to my own background. Thus I felt they really wanted to know me better rather than merely asking me the same things that are on my CV.
    I felt that even if I didn't get a second interview, it was a great conversation. Which probably tells a lot about the culture of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Gewöhnliche Interview-Fragen. Fühlte mich nicht hinter Licht geführt.   Fairly common interview questions. Did not feel blind-sided.   Answer Question
    Zunächst kein Angebot, aber die Frage nach einem weiteren Gespräch.