BBDO Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BBDO (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Calm and casual. I was expecting the interview process to be much more nerve-wracking. However, the lady who interviewed me was young and very kind. This was my first interview so I did not expect the interviewee to go that in-depth. She asked basic questions about me along with a few questions about the industry.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BBDO (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with HR at BBDO, and then with 2 account directors two weeks later. HR is essentially impossible to get in touch with, and isn't the best at following up.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite food? What's your favorite TV show? How do you find a needle in a haystack?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BBDO (New York, NY).

Interview

I add an informational interview with someone in HR. The BBDO office environment is incredible, and it would definitely be a very exciting and fun place to work. I am a senior graduating in June, so I was a little too early to apply to a particular position, but it was really helpful to see the office and get a foot in the door.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BBDO.

Interview

After being being referred by a friend, I met with HR and then had a series of interviews with people on the account I was interviewing for. It is important to have a friend to help you get your foot in the door because they receive so many applications. This is the best way to remove yourself from the clutter if you don't have much ad agency experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BBDO (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I sent my application early February, their website is very helpful and clearly explain what each team is looking for. A member of the Human Resources department called me early March to schedule a phone interview that happened few days after. After the first interview, I was invited to the NYC office for a second interview. I got the offer the week after, it was early April

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your experience.
      Why did you apply at BBDO?
      What can you bring to our firm?

Answer Question

Interactive Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BBDO.

Interview

Relaxed, friendly, low key, but I started as freelance.

Negotiation

I started freelance. It was quick and easy.

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BBDO (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. As interest increased, the interviewee is sent hierarchically up the rank to interview, up to VP level.
    Complete assessment of skills are conducted initially, and questions are appropriately couched.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BBDO (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Applying to the intern position via email and once you get a chance to have an interview, they contact you through a phone call and ask about basic things that you listed on the cover letter and resume. When you get to the office, you basically sit next to creative director and manager sometimes and talk about your portfolio.

Interview Questions

• They go over your portfolio and ask time to time whenever they want to know about more on certain work.   Answer Question

Strategic Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BBDO in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online to a LinkedIn job listing based in Munich, Germany. I applied online and recieved and invitation to do a phone interview with two members of the department. They did not ask many questions as they had a pretty good idea of me from my CV and Cover Letter and instead immediately asked if I had questions. I had some, but I should have probably had more and better omes.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BBDO (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

It was more of an exploratory interview. She wanted to get to know me in case something opened up at a later time.