BBDO

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BBDO in June 2014.

Interview Details – I had an interview with HR at BBDO, and then with 2 account directors two weeks later. HR is essentially impossible to get in touch with, and isn't the best at following up.

Interview Question – What's your favorite food? What's your favorite TV show? How do you find a needle in a haystack?   Answer Question

Senior Technician Interview

Senior Technician
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BBDO in March 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone call interview. Then called in for 2 interviews. Then hired. Interview was one on on and then the 2nd interview was with a group. It consisted the hiring manager, their boss, and a current employee of there who I would be working with

Interview Question – Your weaknessess   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple and straight forward

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at BBDO.

Interview Details – I add an informational interview with someone in HR. The BBDO office environment is incredible, and it would definitely be a very exciting and fun place to work. I am a senior graduating in June, so I was a little too early to apply to a particular position, but it was really helpful to see the office and get a foot in the door.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive

The process took 4 days - interviewed at BBDO.

Interview Details – After being being referred by a friend, I met with HR and then had a series of interviews with people on the account I was interviewing for. It is important to have a friend to help you get your foot in the door because they receive so many applications. This is the best way to remove yourself from the clutter if you don't have much ad agency experience.

Interview Question – None. Just know what you are talking about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

Very Easy Interview

Interactive Designer Interview

Interactive Designer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BBDO.

Interview Details – Relaxed, friendly, low key, but I started as freelance.

Negotiation Details – I started freelance. It was quick and easy.

Media Planner Interview

Media Planner
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BBDO.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straightforward. As interest increased, the interviewee is sent hierarchically up the rank to interview, up to VP level.
Complete assessment of skills are conducted initially, and questions are appropriately couched.

Interview Question – When do I feel I am not at my best.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Guaynabo, PR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BBDO in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very informal process during the HR contact provided me with an employment application and afterwards just asked general/generic interview questions.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, it was a take it or leave it offer.

Account Management Interview

Account Management
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at BBDO in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was more of an exploratory interview. She wanted to get to know me in case something opened up at a later time.

Interview Question – Why BBDO   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Munich (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BBDO in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through LikedIn. Got back at me after about 20 days. Had a relatively easy, relaxed interview with two planners. It was more like a conversation. Questions included "Why this company?" and explaining my background in a way that was relevant to advertising.
Questions were tailored according to my own background. Thus I felt they really wanted to know me better rather than merely asking me the same things that are on my CV.
I felt that even if I didn't get a second interview, it was a great conversation. Which probably tells a lot about the culture of the company.

Interview Question – Fairly common interview questions. Did not feel blind-sided.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not yet an offer but asked for a second interview.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Bangkok (Thailand)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BBDO in September 2010.

Interview Details – First interview with HR and the team you would be joining. This can happen within the same day. It took a week to get the feedback. But, if you don't hear the feedback, you can always call the HR and they will tell you the status. I think Advertising Agency is one of the industry that won't shut the door on you complete. If yes, congrats ! If no, they are open enough to tell you.

Interview Question – Not difficult. There could be a test like analyzing the ads in terms of target, key message, and implication. I don't think they want a correct answer, but just how you use your logic.
For interview, it is nothing unexpected. All the whys question like why are you interested in advertising, why this company, why do you want to move, or have you seen ads by this company, what do you think, any questions?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was so junior, so I didn't negotiate. But it is always good to ask them for other compensation you might get. For salary, if you have other offers, you can always use them as a benchmark for your salary base.

Worked for BBDO? Contribute to the Community!