BBR Partners

Updated Oct 1, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at BBR Partners

Intern Interview

Got a phone call from HR after applying through a contact/connection. Mostly questions regarding my résumé. Some behavioral questions, but nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Scheduled an online video chat style interview for a later date. Was interviewed by two people in two separate interviews. The questions were mostly technical in nature.

Interview Questions
    • A couple questions regarding basic accounting knowledge.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BBR Partners in November 2013.

HR phone call. Representative acted as if he could not care less about what I was saying, and I have the perfect background for the role. He was borderline rude, giving monosyllabic answers to open- ended questions. He is a very poor representative of the firm. Not to sound anti-semetic, but my conclusion is...if you are not Jewish I would say don't even try. This is a Jewish firm, and all the senior people are very active in the NY Jewish community. Nothing wrong with that, but candidates should know this going in. Check the website profiles.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for rudeness from someone who already has his mind made up and is just going through the motions.   Answer Question

Client Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BBR Partners in February 2010.

The phone interview lasted about 20-30 mins. Very general questions about your resume. The face to face interview took place a few days later. Met with the individual I spoke to over the phone (HR). The HR person asked the same questions she asked over the phone and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question
    • She mentioned they only hire VP's ... so what would you be able to bring to the table?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your last job? How did you like working with your old boss?   Answer Question

Portfolio Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BBR Partners in July 2010.

Phone interview at first, going over your experience and resume. Then during the in-person interview, going over the same things with HR. Then, met with two VP's- more job specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you made an error; what happened and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question