BBS, Inc.

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.6

Account Manager/Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc. in January 2015.

Efficient and fast interview process. 3 step process

1st round interview. Meet with a hiring manager and discuss the company, culture, day to day operations, personal and business goals etc.

2nd round interview. Meet with a full-time employee. Get their perspective on the business. Ask any questions feel fit. Explained base salary ($30k-$42k) commissions, benefits, vacation, holidays etc

3rd round interview. Meet with another hiring manager. Asked if I had any further questions about the position and what I could contribute to BBS.

All of this happened within 3 days from the time I applied.
    Typical for a small company.

Interview Questions
    • What skills would I bring to the table in this position.   View Answer
    Base salary given $30k-$42k
    Full health benefits BCBS
    50% travel reimbursement weekly

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc..

A couple step interview process - meeting with managers and being able to sit down directly with one of their employees.

First round was about 20 minutes - more of a "get to know you" interview with a hiring manager

They then paired me with one of their top account managers who they felt would be a good fit for me - took me out to lunch and broke down the business structure from entry level to eventually running my own office

Very informative, and laid back interview. The process took about 4 days total.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult - they did ask me about my karaoke skills which aren't great   Answer Question

Relocated outside the city

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc..

I was first contacted by BBS and I never applied. They found my resume on Monster and called me to bring me in for a career change. It seemed too good to be true, but of course with all recruitment that you don't apply to there's always a sneaking suspicion. I read a lot of the reviews on here about "drinking the kool-aid" and that definitely seems to be true. Also the way the company is setup seems almost like a pyramid scheme. I'm sure if you try hard enough and get lucky enough, you can be successful here. But the environment definitely wasn't for me

Interview Questions
    • No questions were that difficult during the second round in-depth interview. The first round just be sure you know how to interview for a sales positions. Google passed me that interview.   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person – interviewed at BBS, Inc. in September 2014.

Nice and comfortable talk with interviewer and other interviewees. Respectful and straight forward talk. Answer my questions in a very satisfying way and I really appreciate that. Besides I have a nice talk with other interviewee which is pretty uncommon for my experience. Like this.

Interview Questions
    • Well, it's a pretty straightforward interview and the questions are pretty as expected.   Answer Question

Account Manager/Sales Representative Interview

interviewed at BBS, Inc. in August 2014.

It was a quick 10 min interview. I thought I was going to be more on the accounts managing side, but it was a mixture of both sales and that. Very fun place to work at from what I saw, but it wasn't for me, because of the 1hr commute.

the commute

Account Manager/Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BBS, Inc. in August 2014.

The interview was awesome. I felt extremely comfortable with the hiring managers. I was super nervous, but after speaking with them I felt as ease. The HR team was extremely nice and helpful when it came to the interview process. Everyone in this office was extremely help and encouraging when it came to the interview process. The girl that sat in the lobby was unbeliable she was so sweet and caring and really listened to what I had to say. As well as the girl that I spoke to on the phone. I was really excited to start working for this company. And after the 2nd interview I knew right away that this would be the best fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • There was some hard business questions, but for the most part every question was fairly easy and personable.   Answer Question

Account Manager/Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc..

This interview was unlike any that I've ever done. During the first round interview the hiring manager did not ask tricky questions, instead it was more of a conversation to see if this would be a good fit and if I could see myself working in this environment. The second round was more detailed, finding out the hours, salary, and benefits. There was no third round but that varies from person to person.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Salary is told to you up front when you interview.

Account Manager/Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc. in July 2014.

Contacted over the phone, brought in for get to know you interview, brought back for second interview the next day that went over business structure of the company. Start out door to door and how you will move up with the more sales or skills you have.

Interview Questions

Other jobs on the table.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Applied through an online job site. Received a phone call 30 minutes later asking me to come in for an interview. I interviewed a couple days later, first with their branch manager then with the leader of the team I would be on if hired. The interview went very well and I was offered the position however there was one big misunderstanding... The branch manager asked what I thought they did at BBS, Inc. and my response was that I thought they were a marketing firm that handled marketing campaigns for other companies. He told me I was exactly right, only to later find out that all they do is door to door sales for Verizon Fios. This would be a good job during the summer for a high school or college student. If you are a college grad looking to begin a career, don't waste your time with the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. They basically look to hire anybody.   Answer Question

The company was not at all what they lead me to believe they were.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc. in June 2014.

There are three interviews. The first is very brief, and goes over the company overview. There is some discussion on your motivation for the job, and what you can bring to the table. The second interview is showing you what you will be doing for this position. The people seem very outgoing, social, competitive, and sales driven.