BBS, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.4

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BBS, Inc. (Woburn, MA).

Interview

3 rounds. Quick 1st and 3rd round with one of the owners. The 2nd round is what you should prepare for. You will sit 1 on 1 with someone from the company. If offered the position, you will work directly with the person who interviewed you on the 2nd round. Be sure to ask questions and take notes.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Why sales? What do you enjoy doing in your free time?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc. (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Just basically know you and your intend to do sales job. It is not hard and HR will write the qualities that she think match the position. She is very nice. It takes only 10 minutes in total and I am offered a second round interview but since I have no plan to go to Boston recently I will do it on my next trip to Boston then.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BBS, Inc. (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

three round. 15 mins, one hour. basic question based on resume. this is a small energetic company which wins best place to work in boston. good environment and nice people.

Interview Questions

• explain your strength, how you see yourself in five years   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BBS, Inc..

Interview

Preliminary interview with one of three head guys. President is really nice. He talks about the company for a bit and asks you questions about yourself. If they like you they invite you for a second round where you sit down for coffee with someone within the company. More of the same stuff but they go over logistics (pay, benefits, hierarchy, etc). Afterwards you fill out a questionnaire that's more like a quiz about the things you talked about. Afterwards you speak to one of the head guys again and they tell you they'll call you about their decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I don't actually know yet.

Account Manager/Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc. (Woburn, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted the very next day and set up and interview. I went through 3 separate interviews. First with a lower level manger, The second was with the branch manager, and lastly with the hiring manager. Each individual was very helpful and enthused about the company, they were able to answer all of the questions I asked.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BBS, Inc. (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic questions about me and why I would be a good fit. Elevator pitch and the opportunity to ask more questions. There was a lot of chit chat about the actual job and less about me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit here/ What skills do you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc. (Woburn, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying, they will called me the same day to schedule an interview for the next day. Upon entering, I was given a questionnaire to complete. The following interviews comprised of three steps. First I met with a manager for a brief discussion of my answers and resume. (nothing too specific) Next, one of the top performers of the company took me to a nearby diner and explained all of the details from the pay to promotion.(100% commission based pay or $320 per week, 45 hrs weekly or 50 hrs "optional") Returning from the second interview, I was given another questionnaire to evaluate my second interviewer and answer some questions to test whether I was listening or if the interviewer told me what he should have. The third interview was a few minutes of discussing the second questionnaire and how they would have to choose between me and the other candidates. They called the next day to offer me the job but I declined because even this top performing employee still has weeks where he struggles to pass the $320 per week. This is a business where you aren't guaranteed to make even minimum wage, and the customers aren't obligated to tip like in restaurants. This position is for those confident in their door-to-door salesmanship of verizon fios.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc. (Waltham, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very standard. The people were friendly, outgoing, and professional. I got the feeling that they're pretty willing to hire just about anybody who can find a suit to put on, though. Somehow it all seemed like a network marketing sort of gig, even though it's really something worse: door-to-door sales for Verizon. There are probably a lot of very nice, intelligent people working at this company but it just wasn't the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

I wish all the people that are working there the best, I just don't see myself getting excited about selling Verizon door-to-door.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc. in April 2015.

Interview

Great lounge and warm welcomed when waiting for the interview. The guy is nice and the interview is quite simple, just some basic questions to know you better. The job is basically selling Verizon Fios and they told me it's a face-to-face selling. The first interview won't take you long, jut about 15 minutes. Although I did not get the second interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at BBS, Inc..

Interview

I got a call to come in for an interview. This would be my first interview ever for a "real job" so I figured what the heck, it would be good practice anyways and if things worked out then I could go with it. The experience of being interviewed was a win-win situation for me at the time: practice interviewing skills and possibly line myself up with a job right after graduation. I came in and I talked to Vince. He asked me some standard interview questions that would help kind of get a feel for who I was. I was then invited back for a second interview. I did a little research on the company in between the time of my first and second interview so I could come prepared with better questions. Having done the research,I was skeptical about the awards they won "best places to work" etc because I could not even tell immediately what product they were servicing or selling from their company website (big reflag). Of course, reading lots of negative reviews by former employees didn't help me think of this being a highly respectable company either. You can justify that anyway you want though. I was successful in being able to get my second interviewer relaxed and comfortable enough to tell me the real reason why bbs inc gets selected for the "awards". He told me it is just because they do a lot of community service and it was a nice way for them to get recognized for it. I hope that puts an end to Vince's arrogant hashtag rebuttals where he just name drops the boston globe whenever someone writes an honest review on the company to help others that need to make ends meet to keep from investing any of their valuable time with bbs. By the way, when my second interviewer tried to help me understand the structure of the company to show me how bbs makes money, he actually ended up drawing a diagram in the shape of a pyramid. :)

Interview Questions

• Do you love to win more than you hate to lose or is it the other way around ?   1 Answer