BBS, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.6

Account Manager/Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at BBS, Inc..

I got a call to come in for an interview. This would be my first interview ever for a "real job" so I figured what the heck, it would be good practice anyways and if things worked out then I could go with it. The experience of being interviewed was a win-win situation for me at the time: practice interviewing skills and possibly line myself up with a job right after graduation. I came in and I talked to Vince. He asked me some standard interview questions that would help kind of get a feel for who I was. I was then invited back for a second interview. I did a little research on the company in between the time of my first and second interview so I could come prepared with better questions. Having done the research,I was skeptical about the awards they won "best places to work" etc because I could not even tell immediately what product they were servicing or selling from their company website (big reflag). Of course, reading lots of negative reviews by former employees didn't help me think of this being a highly respectable company either. You can justify that anyway you want though. I was successful in being able to get my second interviewer relaxed and comfortable enough to tell me the real reason why bbs inc gets selected for the "awards". He told me it is just because they do a lot of community service and it was a nice way for them to get recognized for it. I hope that puts an end to Vince's arrogant hashtag rebuttals where he just name drops the boston globe whenever someone writes an honest review on the company to help others that need to make ends meet to keep from investing any of their valuable time with bbs.

By the way, when my second interviewer tried to help me understand the structure of the company to show me how bbs makes money, he actually ended up drawing a diagram in the shape of a pyramid. :)

Interview Questions
    • Do you love to win more than you hate to lose or is it the other way around ?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BBS, Inc. in February 2015.

After applying, you get a phone call asking to come down to the office for like 15 mins. Casual conversation and if they like your personality, they invite you to the second. This one lasts around an hr and half and you get to talk to one of the entry level account managers, who talk about the business model. If they like you, they will call back in a week and offer you the position.

Account Manager/Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BBS, Inc..

Process was very prompt, got a call within 2 days after applying via LinkedIn. There are 3 rounds, 1 on the phone and the other 2 in person. Pretty laid back process, a lot of just conversation based so that they can get to know how you are as a person. They made me feel really comfortable. Still waiting on their decision.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are pretty straight forward sales based questions, no curve balls.   Answer Question

Account Manager/Sales Representative Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. There was 3 phases to the process, a preliminary, second round and 3rd round. During all three interviews I enjoyed the casual atmosphere and informative interviewers.

Account Manager/Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc. in January 2015.

Efficient and fast interview process. 3 step process

1st round interview. Meet with a hiring manager and discuss the company, culture, day to day operations, personal and business goals etc.

2nd round interview. Meet with a full-time employee. Get their perspective on the business. Ask any questions feel fit. Explained base salary ($30k-$42k) commissions, benefits, vacation, holidays etc

3rd round interview. Meet with another hiring manager. Asked if I had any further questions about the position and what I could contribute to BBS.

All of this happened within 3 days from the time I applied.
    Typical for a small company.

Interview Questions
    • What skills would I bring to the table in this position.   View Answer
    Base salary given $30k-$42k
    Full health benefits BCBS
    50% travel reimbursement weekly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BBS, Inc. in January 2015.

Interviewing process was pretty simple. There was two rounds of interviews that I went through. The environment was incredibly exciting and everyone was friendly. They did not do any trick questions and wanted to make sure you were comfortable. The first interview is more of a "getting to know you" and the second was more intense where I learned a lot about the company/future growth within the company.

Interview Questions
    • How has your current internship prepared you for this job?   View Answer
    I did not go through an negotiation phase.

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc. in December 2014.

Was greeted by Mary, who works the desk, when I opened the door. Really friendly gal. Met with Zak, who took me next door to grab a bite to eat while he walked me through the position. Went over everything in great detail, and was more than happy to answer any questions that I had. We shot the breeze, too. He asked me about what I did outside of work, how school went, how my family was doing, etc. Really down-to-earth guy. We then returned to the office where I met with the owner, Vince. Phenomenal guy. Was more than willing to answer any additional questions that I had, and in addition, asked me to explain a little about myself (outside of what was written on the resume). Asked me a few basic questions. We shot the breeze, too. He's a Duke fan (like me), so we had a good time talking about how the team was this year, how awesome Coach K is, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc. in December 2014.

3 step interview process.

Met with the hiring manager for a preliminary interview. Asked questions about my resume and took a brief personality test.

2nd round interview. Meet with a full-time employee and spoke about the business model, day to day operations, their personal background, salary, benefits, travel and upward mobility.

3rd round interview. Met back with a different hiring manager. Exit type interview.

Called at the end of the week and offered. Happily accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one thing about myself that is not on my resume.   Answer Question

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc..

A couple step interview process - meeting with managers and being able to sit down directly with one of their employees.

First round was about 20 minutes - more of a "get to know you" interview with a hiring manager

They then paired me with one of their top account managers who they felt would be a good fit for me - took me out to lunch and broke down the business structure from entry level to eventually running my own office

Very informative, and laid back interview. The process took about 4 days total.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult - they did ask me about my karaoke skills which aren't great   Answer Question

Relocated outside the city

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BBS, Inc..

I was first contacted by BBS and I never applied. They found my resume on Monster and called me to bring me in for a career change. It seemed too good to be true, but of course with all recruitment that you don't apply to there's always a sneaking suspicion. I read a lot of the reviews on here about "drinking the kool-aid" and that definitely seems to be true. Also the way the company is setup seems almost like a pyramid scheme. I'm sure if you try hard enough and get lucky enough, you can be successful here. But the environment definitely wasn't for me

Interview Questions
    • No questions were that difficult during the second round in-depth interview. The first round just be sure you know how to interview for a sales positions. Google passed me that interview.   Answer Question