BBVA Compass

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Channel Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BBVA Compass.

Interviewed by phone with HR. 45 minutes. Most difficult part of the interview.
    Passed through next interview w/hiring manager. 30 minutes. The easiest interview.
    Passed through to next interview w/executive vp. 45 minutes. Behavioral type interview.
    I was in the top 2 candidates. The other candidate was internal. They decided to go with that person.

Consumer Asset Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homewood, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homewood, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BBVA Compass in August 2013.

The interview process was very laid back. Not much structure or any hard questions. Just getting to know about the job and letting the manager know a little about you.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Interview was pretty easy.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President - Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BBVA Compass in June 2013.

Once I was contacted by the recruiter the process was smooth and efficient. Had my telephone interview with the recruiter and then the hiring manager. Within a few days a was flown into Birmingham and the process was very professional. The accommodations were good. It was all I would expect from a larger financial institution. At times the recruiter was distant and distracted but hiring manager was engaged.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fair and balanced. Nothing I didn't expect. They were engaged and I was able to articulate my response and address their questions.   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to negotiate a fair comp package along with a signing bonus and relocation package. Salary was a little lower than industry standard and bonus was fixed but I loved the opportunity and was willing to settle for a little less.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BBVA Compass in March 2012.

Was asked the basic personality and situational based interview questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you persuaded a group to become enthusiastic about something you were doing   Answer Question

better offer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BBVA Compass in January 2011.

Phone screen with internal recruiter, face to face with hiring manager and 2-3 of her peers, total 2-2 hour process. Afterwards had to do a psychology assessment with a local consulting firm, it is grade specific, so I would not worry if you come in less than a grade 22.

Interview Questions
    • When can you start? Seems there was a rush to get someone in the role and was actually not expected. The rest was typical questions, absolutely nothing difficult. In retrospect I would have asked to meet some of the team members, I would have realized it was a mediocre to lazy group and may not have taken the role.   Answer Question
    Took 3 phone calls with the internal recruiter to negotiate. I refused to take a lower paying job than the one I had and even had to send a spreadsheet comparing current job to this BBVA job. Finally agreed to a hiring relocation package - however came back to bite me at tax time and needed to stay at the bank for 2 years. Mistake!

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BBVA Compass in December 2010.

Very straight forward - what they need, past issues, and very easy to say whatever they want to hear. However I really knew how to fix their issues. This was probably one of the easiest higher level position interviews I have ever been too. One mistake I made was I should have asked to meet with 1-2 of my peers and maybe 1 or 2 of their directs. Once I got there I realized I was working with lackluster peers, and soured direct reports. I would have really considered not taking it at that point. Remember always meet as many people, even if it is 15-30 minutes to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • None - very easy get to know each other. I probably asked the tougher questions.   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate salary and really asked about their "grade" structure since I had a friend who worked there. You really want to try to land on the 1st quartile or midpoint of your grade... even with this, I did not get a raise so far during my 3 years there because of my salary being in the 4th quartile... its fine for me as I probably make 15-20% more than my peers, they will catch up in 5-7 years.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BBVA Compass in August 2009.

I met with the hiring manager, who inquired about overall experience, with an emphasis on reporting ability. I also met with the division president, who was more focused on prior background within similar environments, but also keen on my ability to manage the specific regulatory requirements of the position.

Interview Questions
    • NA - our general discussion covered all points, but in the end, my position and salary were enhanced due to my overall background.   Answer Question
    I accepted an initial offer and was notified of the enhancement due to prior comments by examiners. I began work at the higher amount and title.