BBVA Compass

Very Easy Interview

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen with internal recruiter, face to face with hiring manager and 2-3 of her peers, total 2-2 hour process. Afterwards had to do a psychology assessment with a local consulting firm, it is grade specific, so I would not worry if you come in less than a grade 22.

Interview Question – When can you start? Seems there was a rush to get someone in the role and was actually not expected. The rest was typical questions, absolutely nothing difficult. In retrospect I would have asked to meet some of the team members, I would have realized it was a mediocre to lazy group and may not have taken the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took 3 phone calls with the internal recruiter to negotiate. I refused to take a lower paying job than the one I had and even had to send a spreadsheet comparing current job to this BBVA job. Finally agreed to a hiring relocation package - however came back to bite me at tax time and needed to stay at the bank for 2 years. Mistake!

Consumer Asset Processor Interview

Consumer Asset Processor
Homewood, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very laid back. Not much structure or any hard questions. Just getting to know about the job and letting the manager know a little about you.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. Interview was pretty easy.   Answer Question

Channel Development Manager Interview

Channel Development Manager
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass.

Interview Details – Interviewed by phone with HR. 45 minutes. Most difficult part of the interview.
Passed through next interview w/hiring manager. 30 minutes. The easiest interview.
Passed through to next interview w/executive vp. 45 minutes. Behavioral type interview.
I was in the top 2 candidates. The other candidate was internal. They decided to go with that person.

Interview Question – Explain how you are creative outside of work.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President - Retail Interview

Senior Vice President - Retail
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass in June 2013.

Interview Details – Once I was contacted by the recruiter the process was smooth and efficient. Had my telephone interview with the recruiter and then the hiring manager. Within a few days a was flown into Birmingham and the process was very professional. The accommodations were good. It was all I would expect from a larger financial institution. At times the recruiter was distant and distracted but hiring manager was engaged.

Interview Question – Questions were fair and balanced. Nothing I didn't expect. They were engaged and I was able to articulate my response and address their questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate a fair comp package along with a signing bonus and relocation package. Salary was a little lower than industry standard and bonus was fixed but I loved the opportunity and was willing to settle for a little less.

Compliance Officer Interview

Compliance Officer
Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BBVA Compass in August 2009.

Interview Details – I met with the hiring manager, who inquired about overall experience, with an emphasis on reporting ability. I also met with the division president, who was more focused on prior background within similar environments, but also keen on my ability to manage the specific regulatory requirements of the position.

Interview Question – NA - our general discussion covered all points, but in the end, my position and salary were enhanced due to my overall background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted an initial offer and was notified of the enhancement due to prior comments by examiners. I began work at the higher amount and title.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Birmingham, AL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at BBVA Compass in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was asked the basic personality and situational based interview questions

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you persuaded a group to become enthusiastic about something you were doing   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better offer

Worked for BBVA Compass? Contribute to the Community!