BBVA Compass

BBVA Compass Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Branch Retail Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BBVA Compass.

Interviewed with the district officers. He asked formal standard interview questions.
    Walk me through your day?
    How do you prioritize?
    How often do you coach you employees. What does a coaching session sound like?
    What are you career goals?
    What are you current branch goals? How do you achieve them? How do you track them?
            These are all of the questions I remember.

He asked me to role play two different scenarios.
    1) Under producing personal banker corrective action conversation and vise versa.
    2) Interaction with a business customer that you're prospecting.

Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

During the process he expressed to me that BBVA believed in developing and advancing their employees. He mentioned that the company rarely hired outside for managers.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing. Be prepared to role play manager scenarios   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Couldn't have been easier. Interview with the dallas city pres - a country bumpkin who you could tell came up the local/regional bank ladder. Personality questions mainly, asking why you like the banking world. Didn't meet many of the other players really. It seemed like a pretty ho hum atmosphere with not a whole lot of team feel.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BBVA Compass.

Disorganized, unprofessional.

Credit Products Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BBVA Compass in August 2012.

Initial phone interview with division vice president was pleasant and very upbeat. Followed up the next day with a second phone interview with an HR vice president to flesh out the more gritty questions such as salary expectations and if there are any hangups / hiccups in your personal history to be aware of. Afterwards, a "sit-down" interview was scheduled for the following week. This was the typical round two interview with six different interviewers on a three hour schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult piece of all was not being asked any technical questions.   Answer Question

Financial Sales Advisor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BBVA Compass in March 2012.

Interviewed with 2 BRE's. One was a complete moron, the other one was great. Went to work for the better of the two.

Cheap

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BBVA Compass in July 2011.

The recruiting HR was wonderful. Interviewing at branch with the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager was a bit on the far fetched side. The interview lasted 2 hours. Questions asked were a bit unrealistic. One question "If hired, what will be your day to day work routine" This was a question asked before I even knew what the job responsibilities involved.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BBVA Compass in March 2011.

Interviewed with 3 folks. Went well, decided on another offer instead.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hurst, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BBVA Compass in April 2009.

The Human Resource manager called me from my online application and interest in the position they were looking for. She scheduled an interview with the banking center manager and the customer service manager (which was like a supervisor teller or assistant branch manager). They spoke with me about the company and operations, and they asked me about my experience and personality. The people in the office I was hired onto are all very down to earth, funny, warm, caring people... everyone has a good time at this location.

Interview Questions
    I wanted to make a comparable amount of money as to what I made in my banker position with my prior employer, but I knew it would not equal it since I was take a big step DOWN the career ladder to change companies, environments, position, etc. I did tell them that I preferred to make around 14 dollars an hour, but understood that they had a certain allotment for payroll, and that I was still interested in the position regardless.