BBVA Compass Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.7

Credit Products Officer - Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by HR ~two weeks later. I had a phone screen with HR. I interviewed with three members of the team ~two weeks later. I received an offer ~three weeks later. I accepted said offer. All in all, I have applied twice to the BBVA Website, and was contacted both times. Very impressed with recruitment at the company.

Sales and Service Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Brief, easy going interview. I interviewed with 2 managers both very knowledgeable and sweet. Described the day to day description of a sales and service advisor. I asked questions relating to their background and vice versa. Prepared me for the type of clientele in the area. I was offered a job within 30 minutes after I walked out the door.

Branch Retail Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with the district officers. He asked formal standard interview questions. Walk me through your day? How do you prioritize? How often do you coach you employees. What does a coaching session sound like? What are you career goals? What are you current branch goals? How do you achieve them? How do you track them? These are all of the questions I remember. He asked me to role play two different scenarios. 1) Under producing personal banker corrective action conversation and vise versa. 2) Interaction with a business customer that you're prospecting. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. During the process he expressed to me that BBVA believed in developing and advancing their employees. He mentioned that the company rarely hired outside for managers.

Interview Questions

• Role playing. Be prepared to role play manager scenarios   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

Couldn't have been easier. Interview with the dallas city pres - a country bumpkin who you could tell came up the local/regional bank ladder. Personality questions mainly, asking why you like the banking world. Didn't meet many of the other players really. It seemed like a pretty ho hum atmosphere with not a whole lot of team feel.

Sales & Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Plano, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Online application, followed by an online skills assessment /general knowledge test. next step was a standard HR interview that covered background, work history, availability to work. Had a phone interview with the Branch manager and assistant branch manager. They called me back later the same day to offer me the job, pending a drug screening, criminal background check, and credit screening

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Disorganized, unprofessional.

Credit Products Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview with division vice president was pleasant and very upbeat. Followed up the next day with a second phone interview with an HR vice president to flesh out the more gritty questions such as salary expectations and if there are any hangups / hiccups in your personal history to be aware of. Afterwards, a "sit-down" interview was scheduled for the following week. This was the typical round two interview with six different interviewers on a three hour schedule.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult piece of all was not being asked any technical questions.   Answer Question

Financial Sales Advisor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 BRE's. One was a complete moron, the other one was great. Went to work for the better of the two.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Cheap

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (DFW, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Quick and easy. Human Resources was fast and ready to move forward.Great company to work for. Upper management very suportive and friendly, I applied online was called within three days, got through one interview and then moved on to the next interviewer. Two days later, I received another call to meet with the Regional Manager and was offered the job the same day.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BBVA Compass (Dallas, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The recruiting HR was wonderful. Interviewing at branch with the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager was a bit on the far fetched side. The interview lasted 2 hours. Questions asked were a bit unrealistic. One question "If hired, what will be your day to day work routine" This was a question asked before I even knew what the job responsibilities involved.

Interview Questions

• What would your day to day work routine detail?   2 Answers