BBVA Compass

Relevance Date Difficulty

Branch Retail Executive Interview

Branch Retail Executive
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the district officers. He asked formal standard interview questions.
Walk me through your day?
How do you prioritize?
How often do you coach you employees. What does a coaching session sound like?
What are you career goals?
What are you current branch goals? How do you achieve them? How do you track them?
        These are all of the questions I remember.

He asked me to role play two different scenarios.
1) Under producing personal banker corrective action conversation and vise versa.
2) Interaction with a business customer that you're prospecting.

Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

During the process he expressed to me that BBVA believed in developing and advancing their employees. He mentioned that the company rarely hired outside for managers.

Interview Question – Role playing. Be prepared to role play manager scenarios   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President

Interviewed at BBVA Compass

Interview Details – Couldn't have been easier. Interview with the dallas city pres - a country bumpkin who you could tell came up the local/regional bank ladder. Personality questions mainly, asking why you like the banking world. Didn't meet many of the other players really. It seemed like a pretty ho hum atmosphere with not a whole lot of team feel.

Interview Question – None whatsoever. Very informal,   Answer Question

Financial Sales Advisor II Interview

Financial Sales Advisor II
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 2 BRE's. One was a complete moron, the other one was great. Went to work for the better of the two.

Interview Question – none really. Standard stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cheap

Wealth Management Interview

Wealth Management
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass.

Interview Details – Disorganized, unprofessional.

Interview Question – What is your age?   Answer Question

Credit Products Officer Interview

Credit Products Officer
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with division vice president was pleasant and very upbeat. Followed up the next day with a second phone interview with an HR vice president to flesh out the more gritty questions such as salary expectations and if there are any hangups / hiccups in your personal history to be aware of. Afterwards, a "sit-down" interview was scheduled for the following week. This was the typical round two interview with six different interviewers on a three hour schedule.

Interview Question – Most difficult piece of all was not being asked any technical questions.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BBVA Compass in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 folks. Went well, decided on another offer instead.

Associate Manager Interview

Associate Manager
Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass in July 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiting HR was wonderful. Interviewing at branch with the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager was a bit on the far fetched side. The interview lasted 2 hours. Questions asked were a bit unrealistic. One question "If hired, what will be your day to day work routine" This was a question asked before I even knew what the job responsibilities involved.

Interview Question – What would your day to day work routine detail?   View Answers (2)

Teller Interview

Teller
Hurst, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BBVA Compass in April 2009.

Interview Details – The Human Resource manager called me from my online application and interest in the position they were looking for. She scheduled an interview with the banking center manager and the customer service manager (which was like a supervisor teller or assistant branch manager). They spoke with me about the company and operations, and they asked me about my experience and personality. The people in the office I was hired onto are all very down to earth, funny, warm, caring people... everyone has a good time at this location.

Interview Question – What is my weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wanted to make a comparable amount of money as to what I made in my banker position with my prior employer, but I knew it would not equal it since I was take a big step DOWN the career ladder to change companies, environments, position, etc. I did tell them that I preferred to make around 14 dollars an hour, but understood that they had a certain allotment for payroll, and that I was still interested in the position regardless.

Worked for BBVA Compass? Contribute to the Community!