BBVA Compass

BBVA Compass Financial Sales Advisor II Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BBVA Compass.

I knew someone in the company so getting the interview was easy. Had 2 interviews. One with branch manger and one with district manager. Both nice people typical questions of "what makes you successful" and "give an example of overcoming adversity"

Interview Questions
  • a question I remember was "With this tough economy how ccan you be successful"   View Answer
I didn't negociate. I went down in pay from my previous job about 8,000 a year just to get out of there.

Other Interview Reviews for BBVA Compass

Financial Sales Advisor II Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BBVA Compass.

You are contacted by a recruiter who asks you some basics. You then meet with the branch manager and district manager.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic. If you are a people person you can answer all the uestions   Answer Question
    I accepted first offer. This position will pay from 30,000 to 45,000 if you have a lot of experience.

Financial Sales Advisor II Interview

interviewed at BBVA Compass in June 2013.

Things started off on the wrong foot as I received slightly conflicting, near simultaneous communications from both their corporate HR department and the local hiring manager. At the interview the hiring manager was almost 15 minutes late, with no apology. I felt that there was no thought put into the interview process as it had nothing to do with the advertised position. The hiring manager just dove in and started asking seemingly random questions. Toward the end, I was informed of an entirely different set of responsibilities in addition to that in the advertised job description. It was a very frustrating experience as I could have better prepared had I known that I was being interviewed for a hybrid position. Instead, I spent most of the interview time in perplexity.

Interview Questions
    • Other than personal / conversational questions, all others seemed difficult. The advertised job title included the words "Personal Banker". Further, the job description were entirely related to this type of a business. The interview questions were related to a business development type of position. For example, 'How would you expand the market base for xyz product?" Moreover, I was informed that I'd also have to sell business banking products.   Answer Question

Financial Sales Advisor II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BBVA Compass.

Recruiter called me, did phone interview, did 2 in person interviews, offered the job

Interview Questions
    • would you be wililng to take a banker job instead of a manger position? we will license you.....   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BBVA Compass.

Flow of interview was well and questions were of normal interview stature. Sales background was highly look at and aspects of a regular sales call were questioned.They made the interview very comfortable and inviting atmosphere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BBVA Compass in March 2012.

Interviewed with 2 BRE's. One was a complete moron, the other one was great. Went to work for the better of the two.

Cheap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburg, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburg, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at BBVA Compass in January 2010.

It was your basic interview. The manager and her assistant manager were both present. The questions sound very canned and the interviewer was about 20 minutes late. My advice is to read ehow or monster for interview tips and be prepared for canned responses such as "Why you want to work here," etc.

Interview Questions
    There is no ability to negotiate. The salary is "take it or leave it." And it is LOW LOW LOW.