BBVA Compass

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was all by phone. No in person interview. I spoke with human resources first then the hiring manager. Very nice. I was recommended by a respected employee so it went well

Interview Question – Where do you want to be nine months from now   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate Risk Officer II Interview

Associate Risk Officer II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass.

Interview Details – phone interview by recruiter about my qualifications and expectation - phone interview by hiring manager - onsite interview with 3 managers and have lunch with hiring manager. The recruiter negotiate the wages for me

Interview Question – what is the best way to select model   Answer Question

Branch Retail Executive Interview

Branch Retail Executive
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the district officers. He asked formal standard interview questions.
Walk me through your day?
How do you prioritize?
How often do you coach you employees. What does a coaching session sound like?
What are you career goals?
What are you current branch goals? How do you achieve them? How do you track them?
        These are all of the questions I remember.

He asked me to role play two different scenarios.
1) Under producing personal banker corrective action conversation and vise versa.
2) Interaction with a business customer that you're prospecting.

Interview lasted about 45 minutes.

During the process he expressed to me that BBVA believed in developing and advancing their employees. He mentioned that the company rarely hired outside for managers.

Interview Question – Role playing. Be prepared to role play manager scenarios   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

SSA Interview

SSA
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass in January 2011.

Interview Details – Spoke with HR Rep. Told me about what I would be doing. As me to take a test. After passing the test did a in person interview. Negotiated pay and the offered position

Interview Question – how would you sales this credit card   Answer Question

Senior Financial Sales Advisor Interview

Senior Financial Sales Advisor
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BBVA Compass in June 2012.

Interview Details – My friend hired me, so it wasn't a true interview process. This happens a lot here. Out of the last 20 new hires 19 are from Chase. It is a bank so you have to pass finger print, back ground check, and drug tests. Also must have or get 6/63 life and health to be Senior FSA.

Interview Question – You do an interview with the Branch manager and also with the District manager. Then they offer you the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for an extra week of vacation and got it. I told the HR lady she asked the manager and they said yes.

Very Easy Interview

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Birmingham, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen with internal recruiter, face to face with hiring manager and 2-3 of her peers, total 2-2 hour process. Afterwards had to do a psychology assessment with a local consulting firm, it is grade specific, so I would not worry if you come in less than a grade 22.

Interview Question – When can you start? Seems there was a rush to get someone in the role and was actually not expected. The rest was typical questions, absolutely nothing difficult. In retrospect I would have asked to meet some of the team members, I would have realized it was a mediocre to lazy group and may not have taken the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took 3 phone calls with the internal recruiter to negotiate. I refused to take a lower paying job than the one I had and even had to send a spreadsheet comparing current job to this BBVA job. Finally agreed to a hiring relocation package - however came back to bite me at tax time and needed to stay at the bank for 2 years. Mistake!

Branch Associate Interview

Branch Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, then evaluation test, call from hr, 1*1 interview

Interview Question – do you have sales experience   Answer Question

BBVA Compass LEAP Interview

BBVA Compass LEAP

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass.

Interview Details – I interview for this program after being talked into it by someone already in the program. I had the qualifications from an experience standpoint, but they seemed extremely stuck up. With that said, the program seemed to be beneficial to those who ended up in it. Most of them left the bank within 3 years, but all ended up with great jobs elsewhere...

Interview Question – What type of power tool would you be?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too much beaurocracy

Financial Sales Advisor II Interview

Financial Sales Advisor II
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BBVA Compass.

Interview Details – I knew someone in the company so getting the interview was easy. Had 2 interviews. One with branch manger and one with district manager. Both nice people typical questions of "what makes you successful" and "give an example of overcoming adversity"

Interview Question – a question I remember was "With this tough economy how ccan you be successful"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negociate. I went down in pay from my previous job about 8,000 a year just to get out of there.

Consumer Asset Processor Interview

Consumer Asset Processor
Homewood, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BBVA Compass in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very laid back. Not much structure or any hard questions. Just getting to know about the job and letting the manager know a little about you.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. Interview was pretty easy.   Answer Question

Worked for BBVA Compass? Contribute to the Community!