BBVA Compass

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales and Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BBVA Compass in January 2014.

I was referred to compass by a branch manager at another institution when they didn't have any openings for me. I submitted my resume online and within a week i had a Phone interview with a manager. the initial phone interview was pretty short and just basically outlined who i was and why i wanted to come to BBVA and set up the first interview. the first interview was with just the branch manager and went smoothly. she asked a lot of scenario questions like how i would handle a specific situation with a customer etc. the second interview was with the same branch manager and a district manager. he seemed like he was trying to intimidate me with strong, direct questions about my experience and how i thought it would relate to the banking, why i thought i was a good fit for compass, etc. but i handled it well and had an offer letter the next week.

Interview Questions
  • "An upset customer approaches you at the window about an issue they are having with their account. how do you handle it?"   View Answer
I was not able to negotiate much. The pay structures are tiered and I started at the highest tier within my job family so the only way to get more is to get promoted or bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for BBVA Compass

Sales and Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BBVA Compass in October 2012.

I applied for the position and was called back by a recruiter after three days. It is a new hybrid position where you will have banker and teller responsibilities. The recruiter explained the starting salary but due to the position being so new, He couldn't provide more in-depth details. I went in for the the face-to face interview and the branch manager went over a few more details about the position. The interview went very well. It was mostly behavior based questions and additional question due to the slow foot traffic of the branch I had applied for. I am still waiting for a call back as they're in the beginning stages of interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • The questions aren't difficult at all. Since it is a hybrid position with banker and teller responsibilities, the better versed in those fields you are, the more the questions are to your advantage.   Answer Question