BC Assessment

BC Assessment Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at BC Assessment

Property Information Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BC Assessment in March 2012.

BCA gives you the interview questions in advance, and the their "points scale". You can print out the questions and write out your response, and bring it to the interview. You basically read out what you wrote and the interviewers will try to write down everything you say. Just imagine you are the professor and they are the students trying to write down your words. One important thing to keep in mind, your answer must correspond to the highest "points scale" requirement despite your position requiring lesser points. I.E. if your position requires 3pts and the max of the scale is 6pts, you must satisfy the 6pts criteria in order to be competitive.

Interview Questions
    • None. All the questions are given to you before your interview. There are no surprises. Just make sure your answer correspond to the highest points scale.   Answer Question

Appraiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BC Assessment in August 2011.

Prescreening tests were tricky but not impossible.
    Interview was 4 rooms/2 people in each room/1 question per room/10 minutes per room. Like speed dating. I liked it. Got a fresh start with each room - better than regular interviews. Stressful sometimes, but I got a good feeling with meeting 8 people from the company in 60 minutes. Questions are behavioural based - need major prep but can brings notes to interview!
    Well organized and professional. Very structured - maybe too structured??
    I was successful because I really did my research! When you get the questions in advance, you have to be ready with GOOD answers - bring the A game! For me, the hardest thing was that you had to have a reference that could back up each answer given. I get why but it really made selling yourself in the best manner, while keeping it truthful and verifable kept integrity into the process.

Interview Questions
    • Innovation, customer service, team work, planning, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. Union job.