BC Hydro Interview Questions

3.3

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BC Hydro in January 2014.

Very Slow process! despite an aggressive interview agenda being published, BC Hydro introduced 2 month delays ! Panel of 3, one taking note. It felt one of the reviewer was there to learn interview ropes...Questions were poorly focused, demonstrating that Resume had not been read before interview...

Interview Questions
    • "In the course a project how do you deal with barriers?"   View Answer

Senior Engineer, Maintenance Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at BC Hydro.

Phone interview, technical phone interview, face to face interview to see presentation skills.

Easy going

Property Coordinator I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BC Hydro.

The hiring process took only 2 weeks. The interview was basically telling you the working environment and a brief introduction to the department. At the very end, you will have chance to answer questions.

QA Analyst (Contract) Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BC Hydro.

Interviewed with 3 people - project manager, QA engineer and business analyst. Approximately 2 hour interview covering my background, experience and how I could help their business. Asked for a second interview to complete a technical test. This involved developing a test plan and example test cases for a fictional project.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the biggest mistake so far in your career?   Answer Question

EIT Interview

phone interview then in person interview

Interview Questions
    • It was a typical HR interview. top strengths and weaknesses, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Property Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at BC Hydro in December 2012.

You will get a call from HR to schedule an interview. The person will email you the date and time of the meeting and they will tell you who is to be there. You will go to the first meeting and if chosen, you will meet again with the manager for another interview.

Interview Questions
    • The position is entry level so I did not get the usual questions as I was overqualified for the position but it was a good experience to see what they were looking for. It was a typical scenario of your strengths and weaknesses and your goals and directions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at BC Hydro.

Submitted application online and received an email about 6 months later saying I was shortlisted for an interview. Had to visit a webpage and select an interview time. Interviewed with two senior managers which was a typical interview. Waited 6 long weeks before getting a system generated email to say I was unsuccessful.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at BC Hydro in July 2011.

2 interviews, 1 on the phone, the second in person

Interview Questions
    They made an offer, I accepted

Manager Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BC Hydro in December 2010.

Informal 1st interview with 2 managers. Typical Qs asking about background. Briefly described expected role needed filled.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be your biggest challenge in this role and environment?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work Hydro and why this industry?   Answer Question

Engineer In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at BC Hydro in June 2010.

Initial required a phone interview with HR which went smoothly. Interviews with staff typically included 3-5 people.

Interview Questions
    • HR was heavy on behavioural interviewing which was not fun   Answer Question
    The time between interview and offer was ridiculous, six months from initial phone interview.