BCBG

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Media Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BCBG in March 2014.

Interview Details – You apply online, form their they will contact you whether you have the right experience or not. There was a phone interview, but they don't tell you when they're going to call. Everything is very disorganized. They call you when they have time. After the phone interview they will call you again unannounced about a 1on1 interview. If you don't get that call you or e-mail you back within two weeks you didn't pass. Once you get your interview they say they will e-mail you the next business day about your acceptance or decline (2 weeks in reality). They will call you if you get it, received a call 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – They had no questions for me, they kept talking about what they do and not what they wanted out of an intern. Make sure you know the company and what brands are under the bcbg logo. Know the designers, know the creative directors of the company, and basically understand the overall personality of the brand. How does your experience relate to what an intern at bcbg would do?   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Assistant Designer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BCBG.

Interview Details – Process was kinda lengthy, but in my experience they all have been. A little over a month total. Did a design project as well. Went through 2 interviews. Not difficult, normal interview questions.

Interview Question – Pretty much a standard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pay pretty well, but they have to b/ c as you'll soon learn, it's a difficult place to work.

Design Associate Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BCBG in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was long but worth it once it starts to get going.

Interview Question – Are you okay with working long hours?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were accepting, but it took a bit of convincing.

Design Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BCBG in March 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and received an email later to schedule a Skype interview (since I'm not in California I guess?) The interview was pretty easy, just asked what I did before on previous internships, expectations for the job, what I ultimately want to do etc. Received an offer on the same day! yay!

Interview Question – Are you considering any other companies? (I know this is an easy one but it caught me off guard and let's be honest we all apply to TONs of places...)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Cali is just too far.... also the bad reviews are a little terrifying

Fabric R/D Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BCBG in January 2010.

Interview Details – multiple interviews. Sometimes making you wait in the lobby for over an hour.
The VP is the final interview, but she often misleads you to your actual job. She says you usually dont work weekends, but in my experience thats not true. Usually 4-5 saturdays a year.

Interview Question – questions are generally very easy. the more you can express about fabric knowledge - especially technical, the more $ you will get.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little to no negotiation room. its a take it or leave it mentality from BCBG. If you wont accept, their thought is 'there is always another girl waiting to get her foot in the door - and for less then we can pay you'.

For raises, they generally give you a 6-8% bump. enough to keep you hanging in, but barely livable.

Very Easy Interview

Recruiter Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BCBG in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred to the position from a former colleague who put in a good word for me. I spoke with the hiring manager who had not posted the position yet. I was given all the details and asked some questions.

Interview Question – Why would I be willing to leave a current and stable position I enjoyed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just some standard paperwork and orientation

Customer Service Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BCBG in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very friendly. Nice recruiters made me feel comfortable. Very informative on position.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

International Marketing Interview

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BCBG in June 2011.

Interview Details – They just string you along. Horrible horrible horrible.
They offered me an entry- level salary when I have many years of experience in the industry. They offer the lowest salary possible.. ridiculous.
They were not nice, didn't seem professional at all, rude.
The person who interviewed me didn't know what they were doing!

Interview Question – Where are you living?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – very rude.

Fashion Designer Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BCBG in November 2009.

Interview Details – I went through a phone interview screening with someone from Human Resources and was asked to e-mail some of my recent work examples. I was then asked to come in for an interview at their Headquarters in Vernon, CA. I met with two people from HR who were very informative and friendly. They looked over my portfolio and discussed what I was looking for and what the director felt I would be a fit for. I was then asked to prepare a special project and come back for an interview with the director. Unfortunately, I had to cancel the interview and was not given the opportunity to reschedule. They told me they had many positions open and one they had been looking for six months. I feel they were very honest and straight forward about the positives and negatives of working for their company. They didn't sugar coat things, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BCBG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BCBG interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by BCBG employees and interview candidates.