BCBG Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BCBG.

Aside from the typical phone and in-person interview that you will do, they also expect all candidates to do a floor exercise interview where you actually work on the sales floor with clients for two hours. I think this is a ridiculous step in the interview process since it only creates more frustration on current employees and clients. First of all, the interviewee has no clue what they are doing. Also, they have no knowledge of the product and the store. Finally, you are putting a valuable client in their hands to handle. I think this is a poor way to assess whether someone would be good on the job or not.

Interview Questions
  • They will ask you a series of typical interview behavioral interview questions. I don't think any of them are difficult but you will have to go through and interview with many people.   Answer Question
They tell you what they are going to offer you and aren't willing to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for BCBG

Sales Associate Interview

walked in the store to fill out an application, I got a call back a few days later. Store Manager asked Interview questions were not hard to answer.

no negotiations

Sales Associate Interview

A recruiter came into my friend's workplace and said they were recruiting so I emailed and set up a phone interview. After that, I was asked to be "trialed" at their other locations.

Interview Questions
    • It was hard, personally, when they're watching you work with customers because most of the customers that come in already know one of the associates and just ask to see them instead   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at BCBG.

I had an interview with the Area Manager then I was asked to do an interactive interview the next day. I was called about a week later and offered the position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BCBG.

There was a sign by the door for employment opportunity so I went in, asked for an application form. After I filled it out and submitted it to one of the sales associate, she immediately asked me to come back for an interview in an hour. I went in, talked to the store manager for around 30 minutes and then I was on my way home. A week later I got a call that they wanted me to come work for them.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BCBG in September 2013.

There were 2 interviews. The first was a one on one with the Store Manager. It was more like a conversation where she was trying to get to know me.

Interview Questions
    • You will have an interactive interview where you will work on the sales floor with clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BCBG in August 2013.

Was scouting a recruitment fair, basically tracked me down because I was "pretty"

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you heard fellow employees talking crap about the manager?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BCBG.

It was a pretty good interview! They asked fair questions. The manager really wanted to get a feel for who the person/ candidate is. They were very friendly and willing to train.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BCBG.

face to face interview, followed by an interactive interview the next week

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to research the company prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BCBG.

First you fill out an application and submit it either by email or in person. The next step is the in person interview. The questions are fairly easy and it's a short process.

Afterwards (this may happen either right after or on a separate day) they put you on the selling floor for about 30 minutes to see how well you can sell. They also let you pick and choose a few outfits to try on which you then will explain how you might sell it to a customer.

After that is done they tell you how you did and if they like you you will do a phone interview. It's a long process and I've seen people give up after the selling stage once they learn that there is a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • "How would you handle a situation where you are certain a customer has stolen an item?"   View Answer
    No negotiation about pay.