BCBG Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BCBG.

Aside from the typical phone and in-person interview that you will do, they also expect all candidates to do a floor exercise interview where you actually work on the sales floor with clients for two hours. I think this is a ridiculous step in the interview process since it only creates more frustration on current employees and clients. First of all, the interviewee has no clue what they are doing. Also, they have no knowledge of the product and the store. Finally, you are putting a valuable client in their hands to handle. I think this is a poor way to assess whether someone would be good on the job or not.

Interview Questions
  • They will ask you a series of typical interview behavioral interview questions. I don't think any of them are difficult but you will have to go through and interview with many people.   Answer Question
They tell you what they are going to offer you and aren't willing to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for BCBG

Sales Associate Interview

walked in the store to fill out an application, I got a call back a few days later. Store Manager asked Interview questions were not hard to answer.

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BCBG in September 2013.

There were 2 interviews. The first was a one on one with the Store Manager. It was more like a conversation where she was trying to get to know me.

Interview Questions
    • You will have an interactive interview where you will work on the sales floor with clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodburn, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodburn, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at BCBG in February 2012.

We went straight to the point, had a conversation a few laughs at first. Then she started asking me questions. Like why I want to work there what qualities do i have and she took a look at my clothes. She didn't say anything but i could tell she looked. I guess that's just fashion for you.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part i'd have to say is fallowing the dress code, unless you already own the right type of clothing. Even when they ask what you have to offer the company? Also what happens if you get a customer that just doesn't want to cooperate?   Answer Question
    Well I took it but the dress code was really strict. Eventually I started wasting a lot of my money there. I'd say take this job if you have self control. A lot of the girls that worked there always spent their money there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BCBG in August 2013.

Was scouting a recruitment fair, basically tracked me down because I was "pretty"

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you heard fellow employees talking crap about the manager?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

A recruiter came into my friend's workplace and said they were recruiting so I emailed and set up a phone interview. After that, I was asked to be "trialed" at their other locations.

Interview Questions
    • It was hard, personally, when they're watching you work with customers because most of the customers that come in already know one of the associates and just ask to see them instead   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at BCBG.

I had an interview with the Area Manager then I was asked to do an interactive interview the next day. I was called about a week later and offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BCBG in November 2012.

This company still uses paper applications. You must going in looking "brand" or kow someone that works for the company. The interview was standard. Why do you want to work for this comapny, what do you know about bcbg, after the sitdown you next have to do an interactive. Your basically on the sales floor for one hour - this is where the managers watch how you sell and interact with customers.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BCBG.

There was a sign by the door for employment opportunity so I went in, asked for an application form. After I filled it out and submitted it to one of the sales associate, she immediately asked me to come back for an interview in an hour. I went in, talked to the store manager for around 30 minutes and then I was on my way home. A week later I got a call that they wanted me to come work for them.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BCBG in August 2011.

Interview went great. Wear the brand to the interview. Be prepared for an interactive which is when you create three amazing looks.

Interview Questions

Worked for BCBG? Contribute to the Community!