BCD Travel

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Agent Interview

Agent

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at BCD Travel.

Interview Details – let me tell you about my hiring and interview process. I applied three times and was interviewed 1 time before they decided to offer me a job and then they didn't give me the job I applied for they put me into a training class for months with a lot of other people

Curriculum Design Interview

Curriculum Design

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BCD Travel.

Interview Details – Virtual position - three phone interviews and email contact with HR

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at BCD Travel in August 2013.

Interview Details – I know that this is a good company to work for however....... actually getting hired seems to be an uphill battle. I have interviewed 4 times over the past year and half for different PM positions. It seems that the interview process is entirely up to each manager. A recruiter contacts me, who may or may not know about the position. This recruiter may nor may not actually speak with. Some managers are hyper obsessed with having 10 years of travel experience, some managers care more if the applicant actually has the skills necessary to succeed in the position. It varies widely. All the position are remote however in some interviews I've been asked what a remote position is and if I am familiar with using email.

Interview Question – The last interview was a video recorded interview. I spoke to a camera which recorded my answers. There was no one on the other side to talk to. The questions were typed on to the screen. Once the "interview" is recorded, it gets sent, ........ somewhere?! So there is no way to know who has access to my recording, discrimination, etc. It is a humiliating experience.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Travel Consultant Interview

Senior Travel Consultant
Cleveland, OH

I interviewed at BCD Travel in July 2012.

Interview Details – Confirms work background and skills.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions in the interview process.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
North Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and interviewed at BCD Travel.

Interview Details – Good process.

Interview Question – Easy standard pm question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Less negotitions.. No room.

Site Administrator Interview

Site Administrator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BCD Travel.

Interview Details – Submitted a résumé thru their website for a couple of different positions that I was more than qualified for. Did not hear anything for quite a while. After 3 weeks or so, I heard from a recruiter asking to setup a phone interview with a manager for the position listed above.
I expected a lengthy discussion based upon what the recruiter advised. However, the interview lasted about 15 minutes. The manager seemed like he was not interested and was just "gong thru the motions" to say he interviewed me.
Other positions I applied for were never responded to. I decided this company was not worth my time and applied to an alternate company.

Interview Question – Typical questions such as tell me about yourself and what did you do at your last job, etc.   Answer Question

Vice President - Supplier Relations Interview

Vice President - Supplier Relations
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BCD Travel in January 2013.

Interview Details – They move VERY, VERY SLOWLY!!!!! They tell you one deadline and never meet it, poor communication. Interview process is okay - not overly aggressive or difficult.

Interview Question – None really - know the industry and business, also spend a bit of time learning about the company. They are a very proud company.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unrealistic salary and job expectations - appeared to have a lack of organizational cohesiveness in the interview. Very thinly staffed in their internal facing positions - client facing is good/okay. Great company to be a customer of ... not necessarily an employee of though it appears.

Senior Travel Counselor Interview

Senior Travel Counselor
Cleveland, OH

The process took 4 days - interviewed at BCD Travel in September 2010.

Interview Details – The questions are very basic: What would you do in (insert situation here), how would you describe your work ethic, what are your faults, strengths, how well do you work with others, why did you leave your last job, etc. Nothing was really out of the ordinary during the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – When considering an offer, make sure to look at the benefits package. While somewhat decent, they could be better.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BCD Travel in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by BCD Travel HR to have a phone interview for a CDS Project Manager position.. HR was great. Kept me informed and was very friendly and easy to talk to as we set up the phone interview. I had 2 phone interviews with different people that went well. I was invited in for a face to face that I thought went well and they told me I would be hearing from them soon. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at BCD Travel in September 2011.

Interview Details – One interview

Worked for BCD Travel? Contribute to the Community!