BD Engineering Interview Questions & Reviews

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at BD.

Phone screen with the manager then leading to on-site interview with several one on one interviews. HR almost non-existent in the entire process until the last moment when discussing fiscal logistics. Pretty generic interview, nothing too outlandishly hard. As long as you did your homework on their products, as well as demonstrate something that you've done in the past that is relevant to the role you're applying for, it shouldn't be too stressful.

Interview Questions
Not able to negotiate given my position. Not able to extend offer date to allow for multiple interviews to continue.

Other Interview Reviews for BD

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BD in June 2011.

Had two phone interviews, after which was called on a one day on site interview which consisted of 7 interviews, one of which was a strictly technical interview, the others were a combination of behavioral and technical both. The hiring manager mentioned I was certainly an impressive candidate, but a week later I was sent a 'no' . Reason being they had another candidate who was a better fit. People were very polite.

Anonymous Employee  in  Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at BD in May 2011.

searched and submited resume on line, got phone interview with hiring manager for about 40 min, ask some technical questions and projects on the resume. Invited to an on-site interview, talked with several people, one to one. Everyone asked resume related questions and some common behavior questions.

Anonymous Employee  in  Billerica, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BD in February 2011.

I got a phone call from a recruiter after posting my resume online asking if I was interested in the job. After I said yes, I get an email from the hiring manager at BD a few days later asking me to set up a 30 minute phone interview. During the phone interview, lots of technical questions were asked. Then I was invited for an in person interview the following week. They had me sit in a room while, one by one, six different people interviewed me. Each person took about 20-30 minutes, and I was there for two and half hours. Again, lots of technical questions were asked, a little too much considering this was an entry level temporary contract position. Not exactly the most comfortable of environments.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the p-test and t-test as it relates to statistical analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at BD in March 2010.

HR people were enthused and energetic. Engineering folks were grim and somber. I don't know how these folks manage to pull themselves out of bed each day and stagger into work. Come on people, if you are trying toattract top talent, you need to convince the candidate that your coompany is a great place to work. The interviewers revealed a lot to me about the company culture and I know BD is not a good fit for me. Ask them why there are so many open positions.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at BD in August 2010.

Very technical interview, I was asked detailed questions on design approach. Most of the product development would be heavy on plastic injection molding, the interviewer asked several questions pertaining to my knowledge of plastics, design constrains and mold flow. Although, I was able to answer questions pertaining to design and materials, I have limited exposure to mold flow analysis.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what would be the advantages and disadvantages for various placements for the gate on a plastic injected molded part.   View Answer

Worked for BD? Contribute to the Community!