BD Interview Questions & Reviews in Franklin Lakes, NJ

3.4

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BD.

Questions could have been more job related and some of the Interviewers could have been more prepared with more relevant questions. One person just walked me around the building, not knowing what they wanted to say.

Relaxed and professional

Senior Engineer, SAIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at BD in April 2014.

Initial steps were a phone screening with the BD HR recruiter and a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited to come to the BD campus for a series of five 45 minute interviews with an HR rep, various managers, and staff level engineers. Upon arrival at BD, I waited for 15 minutes in the lobby until I was led to the interview room. Questions were mostly technical in nature and mostly about what was on my resume. The fifth interviewer was stuck in a meeting so I ended up being interviewed by four people. Approximately 2 weeks after the interview, I was told I didn't get the job. I knew it was a bad sign when arrangements weren't made for the fifth interviewer to talk to me over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an injectable pen that prevents users from administering more than a specific dosage?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at BD in March 2014.

In general it was a great experience. There are a lot of behavior questions during phone interview. They would break you with questions in the middle of the presentation and get ready to answer tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • what will you do if you have two deadlines but you have no time to meet both   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BD in January 2014.

Had three phone screenings then an on-site interview. On-site they put me in a small conference room where I stayed while visited by six different interviewers. Lasted most of the day. They provided lunch. One interviewer was by phone because he was out of the country. The first interviewer was the Director, then two middle managers, a project lead, a senior engineer, and finally an HR person. Questions were ranging from technical and behavioral to strategical and career planning. I researched all interviewers and asked pointed questions, but in most cases I did not have time to ask all the questions that I had prepared. There were several positions open, so I wasn't sure which one I was being interviewed for. It seemed that the hiring managers were trying to get a sense of what my career goals were. BD has a complex career progression structure, and it seems that employees move around within departments every few years. It took me some time to understand the career pathways as they described them. They kept asking where I thought I might fit in. I have a broad range of experience and a doctorate, so it was difficult to pigeon hole myself into one of their career tracks. I thought the interview went well, but I suppose they couldn't figure out how to fit me into their structure or I was lacking in very specific skills.

Interview Questions
    • Do you want to be a technical expert, a core team leader, or a people manager?   View Answer

IT Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

interviewed at BD in January 2014.

First round interview is a phone screening. Day of second round interviews consists of a survival case study, 4 interviews--leadership, behavioral, and 2 experience-based interviews, and an extensive site tour.

Interview Questions
    • What are three values apparent in a leader, and how have you shown examples of each of these values that you have named?   Answer Question
    • What is a question that you would have liked to have been asked throughout this interview? Why (answer your own question)?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BD in August 2013.

Hiring manager contacted me based on referral from a former person I supervised. After a 30 minute phone interview was asked to come in for 5 one hour interviews the following week. Interviews went well but I was left in conference room with no contact information since last interview was on phone with west coast. Admin that set up interviews was out that day, I walked myself out to front desk in a secure building. I sent thank you emails and only HR and Sales person responded. They did not make any contract until 6 weeks later was asked to come in again. Met with hiring manager's supervisor and hiring manager again. He told me to expect an offer the following week. After another 6 weeks, I reached out to hiring manager and no response. Never followed up with me again.

Interview Questions
    • Each person asked very specific questions about the knowledge field and background. Asked information they do not have access to. Seemed to want to use interview to understand more about the industry than me.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BD in June 2013.

I had a phone interview first and then a couple of weeks later was called for a on site interview, the whole interview process was tough, i was asked a lot of technical questions and was grilled on my basic understanding of the job requirement.

Interview Questions
    I was told one figure and that was it no negotiation at all..it was more of a take it or leave it

Global Business Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I interviewed online - interviewed at BD.

Phone screen followed by group interviews. Usually a follow-up with next level management before decision is made. Rarely use recruiters and rarely pay for relocation

Interview Questions
    • Shat specifically have you done to further your companies bottom line   View Answer
    I made a counter offer and we agreed on increase in salary and sign-on bonus, but no extra vacation

TLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at BD.

Applied online in Fall 2011. Invited to a phone interview winter 2011. Phone interview was a teleconference with 4-5 R&D scientists. Invited onsite for final round interviews in spring 2012. 9 candidates were brought in to interview, but we later found out that only 1-2 would be hired. Candidates not selected for TLDP were given the option to apply for other jobs within BD, however majority of the jobs were not appropriate for PhD level candidates. There was one internal candidate who appeared to be given special attention during the interview process. Overall, the process was very time-consuming and grueling and felt very impersonal.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you won the lottery tomorrow? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

TLDP - Technology Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

The process took 2 months - interviewed at BD in April 2011.

First-round interview was local and consisted of a 45-minute panel interview with four people. Questions were split between those that were behavioral in nature and focused on past leadership experience, business acumen, conflict resolution, and personal goals. Additional focus was on technical research background & experience.

Second-round interview was at company HQ in Franklin Lakes and consisted of seven 30-to-45-minute one-on-one interviews with VP-level members of the R&D organization across multiple businesses. Second-round interview served as final 'selection' round.

Third-round interview was a 'fit' interview at the initial rotation site, and was only offered to candidates who were likely to receive offers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instance in which you were required to influence others without having authority.   Answer Question

Worked for BD? Contribute to the Community!