BD

3.4

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

First, I interviewed over the phone. Based on the phone interview I got invited to the Franklin Lakes, NJ location for an onsite interview. I took a day off from work to go to the interview. I thought the interview went well. The comments I received while onsite from several interviewers were positive, and I thought I was well qualified for the position. Then I never heard from them again. I sent email to both the HR contact and the hiring manager several times, but I never heard back. I thought: if this is the way BD treats people, they must be really awful to their employees. If I take a day off from work for an onsite interview, at least have the courtesy to tell me whether I got the position or not. Based on my experience, I would *not* recommend this company.

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BD.

Questions could have been more job related and some of the Interviewers could have been more prepared with more relevant questions. One person just walked me around the building, not knowing what they wanted to say.

Relaxed and professional

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BD in June 2014.

phone interview, followed by 1 on site. i worked with the recruiter to pass in resume and prep for the interview. the interview did not start on time, i felt every business is quite different.

Interview Questions
    • pretty structured interviews, they asked what is my favorite beer, knowing that i worked for a beer company before   View Answer
    i didn't really negotiate too much

Senior Engineer, SAIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BD in April 2014.

Initial steps were a phone screening with the BD HR recruiter and a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited to come to the BD campus for a series of five 45 minute interviews with an HR rep, various managers, and staff level engineers. Upon arrival at BD, I waited for 15 minutes in the lobby until I was led to the interview room. Questions were mostly technical in nature and mostly about what was on my resume. The fifth interviewer was stuck in a meeting so I ended up being interviewed by four people. Approximately 2 weeks after the interview, I was told I didn't get the job. I knew it was a bad sign when arrangements weren't made for the fifth interviewer to talk to me over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an injectable pen that prevents users from administering more than a specific dosage?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BD in March 2014.

In general it was a great experience. There are a lot of behavior questions during phone interview. They would break you with questions in the middle of the presentation and get ready to answer tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • what will you do if you have two deadlines but you have no time to meet both   Answer Question

IT Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

interviewed at BD in January 2014.

First round interview is a phone screening. Day of second round interviews consists of a survival case study, 4 interviews--leadership, behavioral, and 2 experience-based interviews, and an extensive site tour.

Interview Questions
    • What are three values apparent in a leader, and how have you shown examples of each of these values that you have named?   Answer Question
    • What is a question that you would have liked to have been asked throughout this interview? Why (answer your own question)?   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BD in January 2014.

Had three phone screenings then an on-site interview. On-site they put me in a small conference room where I stayed while visited by six different interviewers. Lasted most of the day. They provided lunch. One interviewer was by phone because he was out of the country. The first interviewer was the Director, then two middle managers, a project lead, a senior engineer, and finally an HR person. Questions were ranging from technical and behavioral to strategical and career planning. I researched all interviewers and asked pointed questions, but in most cases I did not have time to ask all the questions that I had prepared. There were several positions open, so I wasn't sure which one I was being interviewed for. It seemed that the hiring managers were trying to get a sense of what my career goals were. BD has a complex career progression structure, and it seems that employees move around within departments every few years. It took me some time to understand the career pathways as they described them. They kept asking where I thought I might fit in. I have a broad range of experience and a doctorate, so it was difficult to pigeon hole myself into one of their career tracks. I thought the interview went well, but I suppose they couldn't figure out how to fit me into their structure or I was lacking in very specific skills.

Interview Questions
    • Do you want to be a technical expert, a core team leader, or a people manager?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BD in August 2013.

Hiring manager contacted me based on referral from a former person I supervised. After a 30 minute phone interview was asked to come in for 5 one hour interviews the following week. Interviews went well but I was left in conference room with no contact information since last interview was on phone with west coast. Admin that set up interviews was out that day, I walked myself out to front desk in a secure building. I sent thank you emails and only HR and Sales person responded. They did not make any contract until 6 weeks later was asked to come in again. Met with hiring manager's supervisor and hiring manager again. He told me to expect an offer the following week. After another 6 weeks, I reached out to hiring manager and no response. Never followed up with me again.

Interview Questions
    • Each person asked very specific questions about the knowledge field and background. Asked information they do not have access to. Seemed to want to use interview to understand more about the industry than me.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BD in June 2013.

I had a phone interview first and then a couple of weeks later was called for a on site interview, the whole interview process was tough, i was asked a lot of technical questions and was grilled on my basic understanding of the job requirement.

Interview Questions
    I was told one figure and that was it no negotiation at all..it was more of a take it or leave it

Global Business Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at BD.

Phone screen followed by group interviews. Usually a follow-up with next level management before decision is made. Rarely use recruiters and rarely pay for relocation

Interview Questions
    • Shat specifically have you done to further your companies bottom line   View Answer
    I made a counter offer and we agreed on increase in salary and sign-on bonus, but no extra vacation